Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Virginia

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Washington

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.1%

• Total voters
This poll is kind of weird, but I vote for my state.

At least, the best New England State not yet washed out to sea. How's the weather?

:lol: Going to be sunny and 70sF (that's our pleasant summertime temp for you Celsius-speaking folks) today through mid-next-week, to distract us while the next flooding rain gets ready to splash through the region.

How soon till Rhode Island gets pumped out and re-floated?

Obviously Washington is the best state no contest...

Obviously Washington is the best state no contest...

No, it has plenty of bad stuff about it as well.

For starters: having 40 days of rainfall straight on occasion. Thats a killer, right there.

Britain is a good state

No, it has plenty of bad stuff about it as well.

For starters: having 40 days of rainfall straight on occasion. Thats a killer, right there.

Well, you're confusing Western Washington with Good Washington.

Well, you're confusing Western Washington with Good Washington.

No, thats all part of Washington proper. If your premise is that Eastern Washington is good Washington, thats got problems too. It can get hot as hell in the high desert in summer, and extremely cold in the winter.

A year or so ago, Spokane set a record for snowfall with so much snow that peoples roofs were caving in.

And Eastern Washington has forest fires almost yearly. Need I say more?

But Seattle has got that big hippie/hipster ghetto.

Capitol Hill; You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Would it be just as valid to start a topic about "What is the best *Insert country* state?

Seattle is free of children so thats a bonus.

Its not exactly free of children, but it sure as hell is full of urine smelling homeless people. And thats not really a bonus by anyones imagination....

Anyway, the real deal breaker about Washington I havent even mentioned yet. Its called....

Spoiler :
Volcanic Eruption.

:goodjob:

No, thats all part of Washington proper. If your premise is that Eastern Washington is good Washington, thats got problems too. It can get hot as hell in the high desert in summer, and extremely cold in the winter.

A year or so ago, Spokane set a record for snowfall with so much snow that peoples roofs were caving in.

And Eastern Washington has forest fires almost yearly. Need I say more?

Oh, trust me, I know about that snowfall. I LIVED in that snowfall. I forgot to tell you that I'm a true blue Spokanite.

And hey, nowhere's perfect. But Spokane is about the safest place in the world. No hurricanes or tornadoes, no earthquakes or tsunamis, really not that many forest fires (California has a lot more, I think), no more active volcanoes... and a much lower crime rate than many other cities of comparable size.

Not to mention that my CEntral Valley High School Knowledge Bowl team (I'm varsity) took 2nd at State!

Oh, trust me, I know about that snowfall. I LIVED in that snowfall. I forgot to tell you that I'm a true blue Spokanite.

And hey, nowhere's perfect. But Spokane is about the safest place in the world. No hurricanes or tornadoes, no earthquakes or tsunamis, really not that many forest fires (California has a lot more, I think), no more active volcanoes... and a much lower crime rate than many other cities of comparable size.

Not to mention that my CEntral Valley High School Knowledge Bowl team (I'm varsity) took 2nd at State!

Spokane can have tornados. One touched down there in 2004 as I recall. http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/otx/photo_gallery/gegtornado.php You can also get pretty heavy dust storms blowing east out of the high desert.

It can also have earthquakes, and had a small 3.2 shaker just last week. ;)

And your wrong about 'no more active' volcanoes. There are 5 potentially active volcanos in Washington State, any of which, if they erupt would blow ash all over Spokane just like St. Helens did.

But I do agree Spokane is by all accounts a very nice place to live and has grown incredibly over the last 20 years.

Top Bottom