Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Commit Seppuku because you were deemed unworthy of Santa

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Roundhouse Kick to the Face

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Archbob

Ancient CFC Guardian
What if instead of Jolly Old Saint Nick coming to your house on Christmas, Krampus, the Shadow of Saint Nick came to visit you because you have been deemed unworthy this year?

For those of you who don't know who Krampus is:

Resolve to be better next year?

Or does Krampus kill you, so there is no next year? I didn't watch the video.

Yeah, ok, so I'd take my lumps for a bad year and resolve to be better next year. Maybe even be best.

I thought the title was @warpus when I first looked at it.
If it was warpus I would give him a beer and ask him which mountains he was walking on next.

Have you seen the movie Krampus? I watched it last year on HBO, but it's not available this year. He comes to torment this family, and things are really awful - he takes them one by one and he basically imprisons them forever in a snow globe of misery. It's a really freaky movie and will make you scared of snow storms!

Oh dear, and also in a Christmas Horror Story, Krampus is hunting this family, and he's really quite vicious to them, so if he came after me I don't think I'd get off very well, lol.

I thought the title was @warpus when I first looked at it.
If it was warpus I would give him a beer and ask him which mountains he was walking on next.

I might ask for more beers before I divulge such sensitive information!

spoiler alert:

I would pinch myself to wake up from this nightmare cus obviously krampus isn't real (though neither is santa claus)

@civvver Next you will be saying that the tooth fairy is not real.

Yeah, pffft, the things one reads on the internet. Santa not real . . . Why, the documentary evidence alone is overwhelming.

I'd presume that I was getting medication-induced hallucinations and close the door.

I'd definitely treat him well, or else you'll get it worse next year.

It seems a bit similar to the Norwegian folklore concept of the house-nisse, as opposed to what we call the modern Santa Clause, the yule-nisse (julenisse). Only in this instance it's a direct opposite to Santa Clause, quite like the Dutch Black Pete.

The house-nisse is a much older concept than the modern christmas, but the general idea is that of a house-spirit similar to that of tribal buddhist beliefs (or just about any polytheistic religion I would think, maybe even the christian persistent belief in ghosts. Belief in things like these seem almost impossible to get rid of). But to me the house-nisse seems just more physical in some way. It's the house-nisse you leave porridge outside the door for on christmas night.

If you don't take care of him through the winter he will play pranks on you, to the extent of killing livestock, or even putting family members in danger of their life. But if you treat him nice he will take care of your household in small imperceptible ways. One image that sticks to my mind is that of the house-nisse keeping the company of the livestock stuck in the barn through the winter while the family is gathered in the house.

A psychological manifestation of the difficulties of winter in the olden days.

Last edited:
I would ask if he was single. Because...you know...so is my ex. They just have so much in common. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom