What would you do if the USA actually nuked Iran?

i would play Cyrus and nuke Roosevelts Empire back to the Stone Age

Chieftess said:
The bunkers are deep down, though. I'm not sure if two missiles would do the trick (one to blast away some dirt, and the other to penetrate).

The U.S. has a wide variety nuclear weapons options available.
See http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/nuclear.htm

They could just launch a Trident missile to be absolutely sure or they could use a weapon speciifically designed for bunker busting. See http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2006/060409-nuclear-strikes-iran.htm

hummmmmmmm, what will I do?

1. Go protest in front of the US embassy.
2. Ask my government and all EU countries to cancel every diplomatic relation we have with the US
3. Call my US friends and see their reaction; but since they are all living in NYC, I suppose they'll be all ashamed and they'll ask me about how to become a Political Refugee in France ;-)
4. After that? well life as usual

bathsheba666 said:
Why do you really think he is not dumb enough?
Any real evidence?
Because everyone knows that nuclear weapons are deadly as hell and that one nuclear strike could potentially start off a nuclear war.

Hmmm... great thread topic.

I'd probably go home (getting gas on the way, if the gas stations aren't already mobbed, and hitting an ATM and withdrawing from my accounts as much as I can in cash). Once home, I'd sit and panic (always best to get that done with and out of the way early). ;)

Then, I'd fly my US flag at half-mast, upside-down.

Then, I'd review my emergency supply status, and debate whether or not my wife and I should take a week's vacation off work and go camping in the Adirondacks.

HannibalBarka said:
hummmmmmmm, what will I do?

1. Go protest in front of the US embassy.
2. Ask my government and all EU countries to cancel every diplomatic relation we have with the US
Thats what i'd do!:goodjob:

ComradeDavo said:
Because everyone knows that nuclear weapons are deadly as hell and that one nuclear strike could potentially start off a nuclear war.

The cold war is over, there isn't the same sort of tension there was back then.

What is anyone going to gain by retaliating against the US? There is no way in hell anyone would start **** with the US for bombing FREAKING IRAN.

Already anti-American groups around the world would have a good reason to :cry: :cry: though. Just like they :cry: over Afghanistan and Iraq, and everything else we do.

IglooDude said:
I'd probably go home (getting gas on the way, if the gas stations aren't already mobbed, and hitting an ATM and withdrawing from my accounts as much as I can in cash). Once home, I'd sit and panic (always best to get that done with and out of the way early). ;)

Then, I'd review my emergency supply status, and debate whether or not my wife and I should take a week's vacation off work and go camping in the Adirondacks.
Do you (using the Royal 'you' and meaning Americans :) ) really think that there would be an immediate couterstrike of any description? I don't, but I imagine that there would be increased and prolonged terrorist activity. I imagine there would be more 'Guerrilla' tactics designed at making life difficult for everyone. None of the 'statement' attacks we've seen so far.

This is speculation IMHO of course. ;)

capslock said:
The cold war is over, there isn't the same sort of tension there was back then.

What is anyone going to gain by retaliating against the US? There is no way in hell anyone would start **** with the US for bombing FREAKING IRAN.

Already anti-American groups around the world would have a good reason to :cry: :cry: though. Just like they :cry: over Afghanistan and Iraq, and everything else we do.
I dunno, North Korea would get pretty paranoid if the US nuked Iraq.

Plus Pakistan has nuclear weapoans, and a dfair share of Islamic extremists in it's military...

Not saying that would happen, but there's always a risk, even if it's very low!

And you need to get real, people like myself got angry over Iraq and Afghanistan for valid reasons, not just because 'the US sucks' or whatever:rolleyes:

capslock said:
Ahh such teenage angst. Reminds me of Limp Bizkit in their early days. Why don't you go break some stuff? Ease teh tension. (I've finally used 'teh' in a sentence)

It appears to me that you are condensing international politics, imperialist history and religious differences into a simplistic "everyone hates us" rant. Thinking like that is not the right environment for developing a viable solution.

If that fails :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: The bloody place
BOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!! Westwood Baby Boy!!!

PrinceOfLeigh said:
Do you (using the Royal 'you' and meaning Americans :) ) really think that there would be an immediate couterstrike of any description? I don't, but I imagine that there would be increased and prolonged terrorist activity. I imagine there would be more 'Guerrilla' tactics designed at making life difficult for everyone. None of the 'statement' attacks we've seen so far.

This is speculation IMHO of course. ;)

A counterstrike from Iran? Extremely doubtful. And in any case, I personally live over fifty miles north of Boston, so I'm not really worried about that kind of attack. My supply-checking and vacationing would be mindful of the massive amount of news coverage, emotion, panic-buying, uncertainty, and general bad karma that would cover the US (and indeed the world) should a nuclear weapon be used against a hostile target for the first time in half a century.

IglooDude said:
A counterstrike from Iran?
From anyone really. I can't see that there would be but I was wondering if you thought there would.
IglooDude said:
My supply-checking and vacationing would be mindful of the massive amount of news coverage, emotion, panic-buying, uncertainty, and general bad karma that would cover the US (and indeed the world) should a nuclear weapon be used against a hostile target for the first time in half a century.
That sounds like a very sensible idea. If only to avoid the hours and hours of 'talking heads' on TV :sleep:

ComradeDavo said:
I dunno, North Korea would get pretty paranoid if the US nuked Iraq.

Plus Pakistan has nuclear weapoans, and a dfair share of Islamic extremists in it's military...

Not saying that would happen, but there's always a risk, even if it's very low!

Did it ever occur to you that after we take out 3 problem regimes in a row, that others would be just a little hesitant to stand up to us, given our track record. Appeasement and inaction would make them braver. Hasn't Europe learned these lessons?

ComradeDavo said:
And you need to get real, people like myself got angry over Iraq and Afghanistan for valid reasons, not just because 'the US sucks' or whatever:rolleyes:

Take a look at all the horrible things people think would happen to America for taking on Iran. There is clearly something there beyond disliking the use of tactical nukes against Iranian nuclear facilities to make them side with Iran and so heavily against the US on this one. I mean, wanting to cut off all diplomatic realations with us?? That is a very drastic measure, isn't it?

PrinceOfLeigh said:
From anyone really. I can't see that there would be but I was wondering if you thought there would.

A nuclear strike on Iran would be (IMHO) incredibly destabilizing. How many people pre-1914 predicted that an assassination of an Austrian would start a global war?

So, yeah, I can imagine a possibility that includes Russia, China, and India opposing the US to the point of war, with the EU staying neutral.

capslock said:
Did it ever occur to you that after we take out 3 problem regimes in a row, that others would be just a little hesitant to stand up to us, given our track record. Appeasement and inaction would make them braver. Hasn't Europe learned these lessons?

Take a look at all the horrible things people think would happen to America for taking on Iran. There is clearly something there beyond disliking the use of tactical nukes against Iranian nuclear facilities to make them side with Iran and so heavily against the US on this one. I mean, wanting to cut off all diplomatic realations with us?? That is a very drastic measure, isn't it?
1 - Did it ever occur to you that a track record of invading/takign out your enemies might cause your other enemies to laucn a pre-emptive strike?;)

2- I don't think it's a drastic measure when it comes to somethign as serious as using a nuclear bomb. Using a nuke is probably the worst crime a country can commit.

And no one is siding with Iran, thats 'your with us or against us' thinking. It is possiable to dislike both Iran and the current US adminstration you know!:p

IglooDude said:
A nuclear strike on Iran would be (IMHO) incredibly destabilizing. How many people pre-1914 predicted that an assassination of an Austrian would start a global war?
Not wantign to take away yoru point, but as regards to using the example of1914 anyone in the 'know' would have seen that such an assisnation would have war, given the amount of alliances and so on and the short term/long term factors.

ComradeDavo said:
Not wantign to take away yoru point, but as regards to using the example of1914 anyone in the 'know' would have seen that such an assisnation would have war, given the amount of alliances and so on and the short term/long term factors.

Yeah, that occurred to me after I typed it, too. :blush:

I would pray that my country (or in other words its leader) would have the balls to condemn the action and for once not follow the US blindly.

IglooDude said:
Ah well:) You still have a good point, it would be hard to know what would happen if a nuke was used.

rilnator said:
I would pray that my country (or in other words its leader) would have the balls to condemn the action and for once not follow the US blindly.
Me too mate, but past history has shown that this is unlikely to happen. Australia is a proud country of it's own, it doesn't obey the White House tells it to do. It obeys the Queen ;)
IglooDude said:
I still think you are right. The Germans didn't expect Britian to join the war for the sake of "a bit of paper". Who knows what effect the US's use of nukes would have on international relations between countries from around the world.

Top Bottom