1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Game of Thrones character(s) do you like/dislike the most?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyriakos, May 29, 2014.

1. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton One. And many.

Did the German translators just insert boring passages out of some German sense of sadism?
    By god I don't remember where, but he does stuff like that more than once as I recall.

2. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Um. Yeah. He might. I honestly don't remember anything like it.

I devoured those books when I was 15/16. If there was anything boring I wouldn't have done so, I think.

I can't see translators inserting boring passages. Unless they just sort of nodded off, after a big lunch, one afternoon.

3. Goodfella

Goodfella Showing results for

Like: Tyrion, the Hound, Arya, Daenerys, Brienne, Petyr, and Jamie.

Dislike: Cersei (very much), her twincest bastard son.

4. Labtec600

Labtec600 Emperor

This is the genius of Game of Thrones. The people you hate, you hate because you do not see things from their point of view. Everyone hated Jamie...but once you get a glimpse into his mind and how he see's things he's not a bad guy.

Everyone likes the Starks...but if you read things from the Targaryeans point of view during the rebellion, you would hate them.

5. Rashiminos

Rashiminos Fool Prophet

Like:
    Shireen Baratheon
    Jaime Lannister
    Maester Aemon
    Olenna Tyrell

Dislike:
    Robb Stark
    Melisandre

Hottest characters in season 4:
    Oberyn Martell
    Ellaria Sand

Best warrior in the show:
    Davos Seaworth

6. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

Well, I don't believe seeing things from Joffrey's perspective would have made people like him more. But I do believe that the Starks are overrated. Ned was somewhat of a holier-than-thou judgemental prick and if he Ned hadn't been one towards Jaime after he killed the Mad King (Ned's 'rightful' king against whom he rebelled) there woldn't have been a long Stark-Lannister feud below the surface.
    And Arya s turning into a complete psycho.

7. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

edit: greedy pages took off the hotlink...

8. madviking

madviking north american scum

favorite: davos

hated: roose

9. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

In the books? I like Tyrion, Davos, Brienne, Jaime of the POV characters. Sam is kinda funny and I like him too.

I hate: all the Ironborn scum and dozens of other characters. I literally threw away the book and cried tears of joy when that little brat (we all know who I am talking about) died. I kinda hoped there was no poisoning and that he just choked on pie.

10. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

@Winner

Spoiler SSN4/books :
    I personally like the theory that he tried to poison Tyrion but got too drunk and accidentally poisoned himself. Hence why he pointed at Tyrion.

11. Kyriakos

At any rate Theon can not sow.

But given the plot developments by now, i would not be surprised if he has a child by that wildling.

I don't like the plots at all :/ Surely not saccharine like Lotr and related stuff, but pretty much a base premise in my view.

12. Grisu

Grisu Draghetto Retired Moderator

Likes: Tyrion, Davos, Arya, Jon, the Hound, Brienne, Varys and Littlefinger (this on only in the books....)

Dislikes:
    Joffrey (duh), Cersei, Stannis, Tywin, Sansa, the Greyjoys

Indifferent:
    Ned (too uptight to really like, plus he has a tendency to lose his head), Lady Stark (never warmed up for her), Daenerys

yeah, those are the two main qualities I like in people as well ;)

btw he's called Jaqen H'gar (or similar)

Hottest:
    In my mind's eye when reading the books Margaery Tyrell was the hottest, but that somehow didn't translate to film :/ In the show the hottest was probably some unnamed whore. Cersei never struck me as 'the most beautiful woman of the realm'. Talisa is kinda hot, except for the fact that she shouldn't even exist according to the book...does anybody know why they married Robb to someone totally different in the show than in the books?

Best Warrior:
    Supposedly Robert Baratheon

13. Kyriakos

Prince Oberyn was very cool. :(

Nice actor too. The series turns to even more POS as it goes. Maybe they could have Hodor kill some more too, i mean he already killed a made-up character :mischief:

14. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

That's the curse of the medium.

When in a book the author writes "she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen", then your brain supplies an image of a woman YOU find very attractive, perhaps with some tweaks specified by the author (blonde hair, eye colour, etc.).

On TV, you are bound to be disappointed by the looks of the characters. GoT is somewhere in the middle - some characters they nailed (ehm), some are total misses.

I have nothing against Lena Headey, but she simply isn't well suited (physically) for Cersei - Cersei should be stunningly attractive (in the slightly MILFish sort of way) and that's so interesting about her character; she looks sweet and beautiful, but she's, well, evil. Then there's Jaimie who's supposed to be a male version of Cersei. Another woman that's not very well cast (again, speaking of the looks) is Sansa, whose TV version I don't find very attractive.

I could go on for pages about this, but it's pointless; the producers won't comb the length and breath of the world to find one actor/actress who fits the book description 99%.

15. Grisu

It's part of the appeal to the series that popular and well-liked characters can suddenly get killed too out of the blue. (I haven't seen season 4 yet, but I liked Oberyn too in the books).

that's probably it...I wonder how Arianne Martell will fare (if she even will appear in the series) as she too was one of the hottest characters in my mind's eye.

16. storealex

storealex In service of peace

Cersei isn't that hot in the books actually. It's a facade, hold up by her perfect hair, clothing etc. Once the public can finally see her "as one of them", they see her cellulite and sagging breasts and see that she is just an other middle aged woman.
    (Can't elaborate without giving spoilers)

17. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Like: The Hound. Yeah, he's got the moral scruples of a crustacean, but he's the only major character who doesn't think that life plays out like a story, and isn't surprised when their story goes "wrong".

Dislike: Jamie Lannister. They spent all this time trying to build him up as a sympathetic character, but I just keep thinking: this man is a child-murderer. And I seem to be the only one who remembers that.

18. Grisu

hey it was only attempted murder and he did it for love, so he should be totally forgiven, right? ;) Or are we talking about another child that I seem to have forgotten? Besides, as far as child-murderers go, the Hound is one too....

19. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

"He ran. But not very fast."

20. madviking

madviking north american scum

you kidding?