Which movies have you watched? XVI - This title not included in your subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to read ratings, whether its movies, products I buy or restaurants I visit, etc. The way I look at it, I've got limited time to watch movies, so if I can spare myself from wasting 2 hours by quickly checking out the ratings, I'll take advantage of that. Plus, I can always ignore the ratings if I reeeeally want to.
Maybe it's the edgy nonconformist in me, but I have no reason to believe that my opinion will align with the average. :dunno:

Pic doesn't show up for me.

Batman Vs Superman - 28%
Glass - 37%
X-Men Dark Phoenix - 22%
The Da Vinci Code - 26%
Angels and Demons - 37%
The Book of Eli - 47%

Yeah I was able to come up with quite a few sub 50% that I liked. I'm not sure Rotten Tomatoes is a good indicator of what "everyone" likes or dislikes since it is critic scores and critics seem to have different standards than your average moviegoer. Perhaps IMDB scores would be better.

We're not making a scientific experiment here ;).

I should probably watch the Da Vince coce at some point, I've only seen pieces :/.

After almost 10 years of watching things, I still find it difficult to believe that people look at, and care about, reviews and scores before they watch the media in question. I simply could not care less what 5,000 faceless strangers thought about a movie or show before I know what I think about it myself.

That depends for me.
For the cinema I never check. Because there I go with friends, and that is the more important part of it.
For streaming, sometimes. It's more likely that I check after some minutes in, because I think the movie is crap. If the general reviewer tone is too that it's crap, then I'll very most likely stop it, because then there's absolutely no need to waste my time on that.

I wish I'd heeded the warnings about Tenet. I'll never get back that 10 minutes I invested in the movie.
I told you all, but you wouldn't listen. :(

Ava. Pretty boilerplate John Wick/Accountant-esque film, except now with a woman. Fine enough if all you want is an action spectacle, though this one does try to implement the idea of a plot. (Poorly, but, it tries.)

Ava. Pretty boilerplate John Wick/Accountant-esque film, except now with a woman. Fine enough if all you want is an action spectacle, though this one does try to implement the idea of a plot. (Poorly, but, it tries.)
I felt it was pretty transparent knock off of the Black Widow character from Avengers.

Guess who's coming to dinner (1967)

Demolition Man. Suckey.

HEATHEN!!!

I've just watched San Andreas, earth quake disaster movie, starring the Rock. Solid. The action was good, the CGI destructions amazing and varied. Nobody would have survived that though, since it's just too much chaos, but not that it matters.
RottenTomatoes says 49%, so I guess I can add that to my list :D.

Undercover Brother. Had a rough start but progressively got better as it went. 7/10.

Black Box - Very good and interesting movie, very reminiscient to the style and theme of a "Black Mirror" episode. Another interesting tidbit, the movie happens to have a mostly black cast, featuring Felicia Rashad.

Despite the all black cast, the movie is not at all focused on any black social themes or race at all FTM.

Another interesting bit of trivia is that Felicia Rashad appeared in Jingle Jangle, another movie featuring an all black cast that contained no themes related to race/ethnicity. I wonder if its a coincidence or if she is directing/producing.

armageddon . We see the magnificient reach of the US Military , plucking Bruce Willis and daughter from South China Sea and rushing them to US . Except those left behind have already reached home and wildly riding bikes in the country or night clubbing . One of them actually started a company ???! From this we learn Pentagon knows nothing about the movies ? Of course not ; as in Deep lmpact the twin towers of the World Trade Center survive , only a bit smashed here and there , showing the proto El Kaide it could never succeed after the 1993 attack . All sorts of shiny American flags and stuff and US Military definitely comes off worse , because you know rednecks always kick backside . Pentagon budget was 250 billions in those years , don't know why they simply do not close the shop down and let the rednecks do it all by themselves ... (Pentagon knows it is business , the movie going people are actually losers that can't take hard work but the money is good and the world thinks America actually can ...) Always annoyed at my own country allowing Bay to film in Ayasofya , where the people naturally look like pagans of 500 AD . Russians still weak at the time and not powerful enough to launch mass hacking attacks , for the solitary crazy Russian cosmonaut but it smartly strikes China to kill 50 000 in Shanghai . Summary : A good thing nobody actually ever needs Americans to keep the planet safe from objects in space !

Last edited:
Same in Spanish, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom