While We Wait: Boredom Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err, what? Not sure what NES you're talking about.

Actually I had no idea who you were responding to, so I just assumed you were speaking in reply to whoever quoted you last (Dachs). :p

Amon - Egyptian ram-headed god of life and reproduction

Just found this in the satanic bible.... Clearly stated, I am the god of sex. All women bow down! And while you're down there... ;)

You'd think you would've noticed that sooner.

(Meaning the Egyptian god name thing, not what you thought)

I took Amon from the SNES game "Lufia". I knew that he was an egyptian god, just didn't know what of.

That map would be ugly even if it hadn't been compressed into a jpeg and otherwise murdered by CFC attachment protocols.

For a limited time only: drunk Thlayli on #nes

[14:55] <@Dachs> !8ball is thlayli going to get sober within the next hour
[14:55] <+Morte> Dachs: My sources say no
[14:55] <@Dachs> genius!
[14:55] <+Masada> !8ball Morte are you with Thlayi atm?
[14:55] <+Morte> Masada: Without a doubt
[14:56] <+Masada> !8ball is he crying into your arms?
[14:56] <+Morte> Masada: Yes - definitely
[14:56] <%Soberingupli> eeheheheheheh
[14:56] <+Masada> !8ball Do you still love him?
[14:56] <+Morte> Masada: Signs point to yes
[14:56] <%Soberingupli> wow I doubt
[14:56] <%Soberingupli> emehehe

<Masada>: !8ball Morte is Thlayli trying to get intimate atm?
<Morte>: Masada: Outlook good
<Morte>: Soberingupli: Do i look like i care?
<Masada>: !8ball I think you should resist, he's drunk and make-up sex isn't good..
<Morte>: Masada: It is decidedly so
<Masada>: !8ball I think you should leave him alone.
<Morte>: Masada: As I see it, yes
<Masada>: !8ball Just watch out he doesn't try anything okay?
<Morte>: Masada: Very doubtful
<Masada>: !8ball so you don't think he's capable of catching you?
<Morte>: Masada: Better not tell you now
<Soberingupli>: woah woah woah
<Soberingupli>: that dude is totally bi
<Soberingupli>: there is a difference yeah
<Masada>: !8ball Morte you need to ring the cops if he's trying something!
<Morte>: Masada: Very doubtful
<Masada>: !8ball It doesn't need to be this way!
<Morte>: Masada: Better not tell you now
<Masada>: Oh god.
<Masada>: Does anyone know where Thlayli lives?
<Masada>: We need to call the cops!
<Soberingupli>: man, end of the year flings are bad
<Soberingupli>: hell

me said:
[...] Ultimately we have to realize that this is a futile mental non-exercise: Since we’re assuming that Batman’s actions have good consequences, and Consequentialists hold that the moral value of an action depends on the consequences of that action then we’re just doing a discussion circlewank, and shame on you if you didn’t see this futility earlier.

Okay, we can ask if Batman’s actions are really good, but we have to remember that the universe in which he lives is an unredeemable ********. Hitler is positively so-so in the scale of evil in Batman’s world. The only argument we can pose against the goodness of his actions is whether they are good enough, for some Consequentialists will say that it is immoral to be anything less than perfectly good and perfectly maximizing of your the amount of good you can produce. Then we’d be bogged down with what is good, and if it is good if you missed a few hypothetical scenarios wherein your resources could have been used for greater good than what you chose to do.

Since we are not omniscient I believe it is not a good idea to think of such a multi-variable hypothetical as “how much more good could Bruce Wayne have done if he did not spend 18 years of his life and his personal fortune in becoming a wealthy philanthropist and the Batman?” This is the reason why I made us accept that Batman was a force of good at the beginning of the essay, since otherwise this will devolve into an infinitely large collection of a niche genre of Batman fanfiction that doesn’t even feature the goddamn Batman.
Flunk or no flunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom