While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're taking in IOTers in the exile forum too, fwiw. Mostly because we can all run things how we want there so the grievances we had with them are pretty much nonexistent and the grievances we share are much more significant.

I'd like to be serious just for a moment, maybe it is time to begin again, and draw up a fresh start for NESing as a whole here on CFC. We've always been given incredible amounts of leeway here with what we've been allowed to do, say, and write in our NESes, and I've never once been disturbed in any of the NESes I've done. I look at the threads and see a bunch of "going to move my NES" posts, and become a bit saddened by them. What makes me sadder is the thought that all of our history could be lost should the community die, and worse, if it failed to die here, instead dying piece by piece on god knows what forums. Personally I think we should do what we should have been doing from the beginning: Moderating and Playing in NESes. That's all that should take place in these forums, nothing else. I've very little interest in playing political games that are outside an NES, and so if it comes down to it, I'll be keeping an NES open here by myself if I must, and I have no intention of abandoning the home of NESing in search of a Promised Land. Call that "Vichy" if you'd like, but I will do whatever it takes to keep the fire burning. /endserious

finally, eq gets his time in the sun. its 2003 all over again viva la eq

Well maybe he's not wrong. If you bring back stJNES, I'll bring up a new RTOR, and we can go back to the old days completely!

Well, hello all. I happened to check into CFC tonight after many months of never visiting at all. I have a pile of messages (not yet read), but given the subjects, it looks like trouble.

Anyway, I hope you have all been well and that the games have been fun.

Well, I fully plan to start a new something in October or November. I want to do it here, but if need be, I am prepared. It's probably since I don't have so much activity anyway. Less attachments that way.

Oh, hi Birdjaguar! You... you might want to catch up on your reading. It's... kinda big.

I will see if I can figure out what's happening.

I understand EQ/Erez's position. If this happened a year ago I would be devastated. But now I think its the best thing. Change happens!!

I understand EQ/Erez's position. If this happened a year ago I would be devastated. But now I think its the best thing. Change happens!!
It happened several times, and in previous ones I was on the side of moving, to have our own home where NESing is the central idea. But this time, this time the moving isn't to put NESing in the front, it isn't even for the improvement of NESing.

And I'm not against this move either. I'm against the reasoning behind it and so I will not be a part of it. The move itself - is great. The more NESing spreads across the internet, the better.

EDIT. Anyway, you don't need to defend your action before me. I hope everyone enjoy their games, never endingly.

Posting to confirm the annexation of NES and the reformation of the remaining NEses into Vichy NES for the purposes of giving IOT more lebensraum. All NES GMs must use at least five spreadsheets to track stats and NESers must solve complex quadratic equations to send in orders. All RP must be less than one paragraph and may not contain any words with more than five letters. All dissidents who do not comply with these rules will be executed. EQ, I assume you will want to be High Marshal yes? Your G*rman officer's uniform will arrive by mail tomorrow.

Gentlemen, it is a brave new world. HEIL SONEREAL!

Spoiler :
I am joking, hopefully I don't need to say that but I will regardless. :p

Posting to confirm the annexation of NES and the reformation of the remaining NEses into Vichy NES for the purposes of giving IOT more lebensraum. All NES GMs must use at least five spreadsheets to track stats and NESers must solve complex quadratic equations to send in orders. All RP must be less than one paragraph and may not contain any words with more than five letters. All dissidents who do not comply with these rules will be executed. EQ, I assume you will want to be High Marshal yes? Your G*rman officer's uniform will arrive by mail tomorrow.

Gentlemen, it is a brave new world. HEIL SONEREAL!

IOTers use only five spreadsheets? I bet you don't even use databases. Newbs.

We should Ausgleich instead of Anschluss.

:lol: Hi terrance. Welcome Back to NES. I think we ought to ask administration to change the name to Dramaland.

My words have no importance here, but if this change does not result in the destruction of the community so it's okay. It would be a shame that such an old community may be undone so quickly. I've seen it happen before, and it's really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom