Who is working?

The youth is wasted on the young, someone said! But it's never late, there's always a chance to dig into your passions and learn about them.
Also, glad you like Italian movies! :D

Anyway - some inspirational movie ;)

Did You know that the circle has infinite number of points on the outer rim (also the infinite radius lines) ? :D

(kids: don't be like me , focus on Your studies and maybe one day You'll crack Riemann's hypothesis and get 1 mln $ reward for proving it ? ;)

Been off since mid March when governor's orders closed restaraunts, bars and taprooms. I did get a couple days the week before last during which my boss voluntarily upped my wages for "hazard pay." That was a pretty generous gesture since I'm alone most of the day. I just had to keg and clean a couple tanks, fill an order to the distributor and clean up inventory which they hadn't been taking good care of while just doing carryout growlers and bottles. I miss the job, I like my work.

My wife has been working the whole time at the hospital though. Her hours were reduced a bit at first when electives were stopped. Then they started voluntary furloughs so she's been getting full time all of April and May. I've been just doing the Mr dad thing with homeschooling and meals while she works.

I understand people wanting to go back to normal. I do too. I'll totally be on board with going back once the hospital has enough masks my wife isn't limited to one mask a week. The lack of ppe and equipment is still a problem.

Been off since mid March when governor's orders closed restaraunts, bars and taprooms. I did get a couple days the week before last during which my boss voluntarily upped my wages for "hazard pay." That was a pretty generous gesture since I'm alone most of the day. I just had to keg and clean a couple tanks, fill an order to the distributor and clean up inventory which they hadn't been taking good care of while just doing carryout growlers and bottles. I miss the job, I like my work.

My wife has been working the whole time at the hospital though. Her hours were reduced a bit at first when electives were stopped. Then they started voluntary furloughs so she's been getting full time all of April and May. I've been just doing the Mr dad thing with homeschooling and meals while she works.

I understand people wanting to go back to normal. I do too. I'll totally be on board with going back once the hospital has enough masks my wife isn't limited to one mask a week. The lack of ppe and equipment is still a problem.
You live in Michigan. Shouldn't you be buying guns and marching on the state capitol and demanding stuff? C'mon, get your priorities straight. Ditch the kids and threaten revolution to preserve your liberty!! :D

Never stopped working.
I work for an IT Consulting firm. We started teleworking before the confination started and I have working for the last many years as outsourced for a company which has been considered as essential

Have been working at home since this story started. I am a public server and we can't be fired (leaving apart that my specific work is pretty essential) We could see some of our salary supplements temporarily suppressed though.

Last edited:
Ones of my friends had been abroad and came back just before the lockdown began. Since there were cases in the country he came back from his work had him self-isolate for 2 weeks. Shortly after he went back to work one of his colleagues got covid-19. Since they work in a confined space and share equipment it was back to self-isolation for another 2 weeks for the whole team whilst the council got some people who had no idea what they were doing to cover.

Received yesterday a mail from Human Resources, if the situation continues stable, we will continue working from home until september.

Had this week scheduled as vacation from back in January. Thought about canceling, but decided I needed a break, so taking a staycation.

I'll be working whenever they start to roll out the Census

Pretty glad they're delaying it though

Basic door knocker I think. Still no firm date on when training even is so idk

Basic door knocker I think. Still no firm date on when training even is so idk

Call them and as if a crew leader position is available. But if you're going to be a door knocker, then how that can work is that your crew has a certain quantity of cases to clear. The faster you work at clearing them, the larger of a share of the total your crew has you can talk into giving you. So you can get the most work hours out of it by putting the most effort into it early.

Top Bottom