• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Why I stopped attending a 4 year university (political correctness gone mad)

Not sure how I missed this but uh...

You're comparing an associate's degree to a bachelor's degree? An associate degree is not equal a bachelor's degree across the board. If that 'study' for different 'majors' has some of them associates, some of them bachelors, some masters, etc then no wonder it's out of skew.

That's like a study comparing the educational level of different countries and concluding that 10th graders from country A are smarter than 4th graders from country B. That's 99% useless. :rolleyes:

An IS associate's degree with 2-3 certifications is equal to or greater in worth than a bachelor's, typically. Many IT fields pay for a bachelor's and a master's during employment in conjunction with further certification. Unless you're entering a highly specialized field, I question the value of getting either of those before being employed.

Now the cultural appropriation scolds are upset Justin Bieber has dreadlocks.

IMO it's just another way to identify an idiot. No sane person is going to have a problem with some random dude's haircut, unless the hair is in your soup or something.

IMO it's just another way to identify an idiot. No sane person is going to have a problem with some random dude's haircut, unless the hair is in your soup or something.

For someone who doesn't like being called Mr. Soup, you're certainly not doing yourself any favors.

Unfortunately enough people do have a problem with it that the story is considered newsworthy enough to make it into Time Magazine's website.

Unfortunately enough people do have a problem with it that the story is considered newsworthy enough to make it into Time Magazine's website.

Yeah, there are a lot of idiots in this world. Let them complain, eventually they'll move onto the next stupid thing to complain about anyway.

On the other hand Justin Bieber is not some random guy. Millions of children want to be like him.

There is a certain level of political correctness gone mad in college campuses, one of the reasons I stopped attending the university. It's not nearly as bad at junior colleges. When I was an English major at a university (I had studying books that would improve my actual English and writing skills in mind) we learned mostly about why white heterosexual men are all evil, no matter what they do.
ctd!?!?! Did you really drop out of school because you couldn't take the PC stuff anymore?:confused:

That makes me sad.:(

I actually saw this on the news but I didn't realize we had a thread started on it... now I'm sorry I missed the fun.:sad: Anyway there is so much wrong on the girls end I don't know where to start... but my main reaction was admiration for how gracious the dreadlocked kid was in handling what was technically, assault, in addition to harassment and a whole bunch of other shtuff. Another thought was "Damn... If a man can't do his hair however he wants in college, when can he do it??"

In any case I haven't read this whole thread... again, sorry I missed the fun, but I am curious who Commodore had in mind when he was thinking about who would defend the girl harassing the kid with dreadlocks.:think:

In any case I haven't read this whole thread... again, sorry I missed the fun, but I am curious who Commodore had in mind when he was thinking about who would defend the girl harassing the kid with dreadlocks.:think:

I'll never tell! I'm taking that secret to my grave.

Fine then I won't give you my recipe for honey-glazed, sugar-jerk'd smoked pork ribs:p

Then I guess it's a good thing that I married a woman that makes the best ribs on the entire planet. And that's an objective fact, btw.

Then I guess it's a good thing that I married a woman that makes the best ribs on the entire planet. And that's an objective fact, btw.
Pffft... It's been scientifically proven by science that you have to sell your soul to the devil at the crossroads at midnight to be blessed with the best rib-making talent on the planet, or play blues guitar properly.

Pffft... It's been scientifically proven by science that you have to sell your soul to the devil at the crossroads at midnight to be blessed with the best rib-making talent on the planet, or play blues guitar properly.

Who says my wife didn't do just that?

Top Bottom