Would the GOP types push the USA into default ?

otago

Deity
Would the GOP types push the USA into default on it's debts unless Obamacare is dropped ?
In other words would those tea party nutters pull a samson option unless they get their own way ?

How the hell can the GOP have control of the house when they got over a million votes less than the Democrats ?

Its Obama's fault and Libertarian Paradise.

If the Dems own the Senate, along with the Oval Office and wont compromise either; how exactly is this all the GOPs fault?

Our government works on the principle of compromise. When divisiveness gets to the point of non-compromise, then this is the sort of things that happens - and has happened many times before.

If anything, both parties are equally culpable and responsible for this current situation. Obama's 'my way or the highway' attitude simply isn't doing the country any good at all.

If you don't got it, flaunt it.

This play has been seen before: party A becomes unpopular, and gets out of office, party B comes into office as the savior. Soon after, party B cannot save anything, the situation gets worse, as a continuation of the past. Party B takes more extreme measures, blaming it all on party A.

In the end, one should not care if one party or the other has done this and that, when your country is collapsing. I am pretty sure both parties suck, otherwise this would not have happened. And the next phase of this deterioration will look even worse, so perhaps you should finally move on from glorified dichotomies of this kind.

If the Dems own the Senate, along with the Oval Office and wont compromise either; how exactly is this all the GOPs fault?

Our government works on the principle of compromise. When divisiveness gets to the point of non-compromise, then this is the sort of things that happens - and has happened many times before.

If anything, both parties are equally culpable and responsible for this current situation. Obama's 'my way or the highway' attitude simply isn't doing the country any good at all.

An interesting take, O bama and the Dems would be forcing the GOP nutters to default on the debts of the USA.
One does have to wonder how rational the GOP and it's supporters are.

:lol: ....... wait Mobboss is serious ?

When one goes on national TV and clearly declares that it will shutdown the government unless Obamacare is defunded, then when the government shutdown its celebrates, goes on national television to brag and say how wonder the shutdown is good. Clearly its Obamas fault.

Its not like six years of Republican filibusters and hasard rule arent evidence enough.

Obama's 'my way or the highway' attitude simply isn't doing the country any good at all.

I thought that Obama was an appeaser, enabler, weak, bowing apologist, emboldening terrorist and spineless coward :confused:

Would the GOP types push the USA into default on it's debts unless Obamacare is dropped ?
In other words would those tea party nutters pull a samson option unless they get their own way ?

How the hell can the GOP have control of the house when they got over a million votes less than the Democrats ?

If the debt ceiling isn't raised, the USA will default on its entitlement promises, not its debts.

We have more than enough tax income in to pay the interest on our debt.

The ability not to be able to borrow any more merely means we'd have to instantly balance the budget, which would technically send us into an instant depression mathematically. (i.e. economy contracts 10%)

The world ending sequester that caused the USA to absolutely self destruct :rolleyes: 6 months ago fixed the deficit a few percent. Now imagine it 20 times bigger and that's what it would be like :eek::blush::(

Despite my intellectual appreciation of the situation, deep down, presumably out of perverse curiosity, I keep having to check myself from barracking for the metaphorical train to go all the way over the abyss just to see what would happen.

^I think that the fall into the abyss has already started. You cannot stop a free-fall. Maybe, for the time being, the person falling just has not realised what has happened, and when he will, well, the fall would have advanced a lot more by then, possibly even to regions of the abyss where not even a single protrusion is visible so that he can try to hold onto it and avoid reaching the bottom at ever increasing speed.

The world ending sequester expiring Bush tax cuts that caused the USA to absolutely self destruct :rolleyes: 6 months ago fixed the deficit a few percent. Now imagine it 20 times bigger tax increases and that's what it would be like :eek::blush::(

Fixed for you.

Why would the GOP even consider a default when a lot of US public debt is held by their proverbial wall street overlords ?

Why would the GOP even consider a default when a lot of US public debt is held by their proverbial wall street overlords ?

GOP voters? Besides, the Democrats are skin deep in Wall Street money as well.

GOP voters?

Sod the proles. Prevent the default and blame everything on the Democrats.

Besides, the Democrats are skin deep in Wall Street money as well.

That makes a default even less likely and it makes it easier for everybody to point fingers.

It won't happen. Boehner said he would the shutdown, and probably his speakership, if it came down to a default.

"With a budget deal still elusive and a deadline approaching on raising the debt ceiling, Speaker John A. Boehner has told colleagues that he is determined to prevent a federal default and is willing to pass a measure through a combination of Republican and Democratic votes," the New York Times reports.

One GOP lawmaker said Boehner "had said he would be willing to violate the so-called Hastert Rule if necessary to pass a debt-limit increase... Other Republicans also said Thursday that they got the sense that Mr. Boehner would do whatever was necessary to ensure that the country did not default on its debt."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2..._republicans_he_wont_let_country_default.html

Top Bottom