Your schedule

There used to be a thread on this in the old OT I remember but I'll make another one.

1st Semester -

AP English III
Honors Chemistry
AP US History
Speech 1

2nd Semester -

Honors Shakespeare
Honors Pr-Calculus
AP US History
Latin 1

I'm not sure why I have US History twice.

Sneaky surf? That's awfully suspicious.

Nah, it's as it seems. But it takes tremendous motivation in winter that's for sure. Getting up at 5.00am, driving in the dark to the beach, putting on a full length steamer, having ones genitals virtually disappear.

But the payoff is huge. Often you can have the whole ocean to yourself and the surf can be great before the wind starts to chop it up.

My last year of classes, forever.

Second year, PhD Economics

Fall:
Monetary Economics I
Topics in Macroeconomics
Time-Series Econometrics
Trade

Spring:
Monetary Economics II
Econometric Theory
International Finance
another course TBD

I'm currently in Wk 5 of Semester 2 for the year, so that doesn't quite line up with you northern people, but...

Intermediate German B
The New Europe
Torts
Contracts 2

That makes for 12-6 on Tuesdays, 10-3 on Thursdays, and 1-6 on Fridays.

I don't necessarily have a schedule, due to homeschooling, but I'm taking:

Pre-Calculus
English 12
US History
AP US and Comparative Government (at high school)
Physics (at high school)
AP Microeconomics (fall semester)
AP Macroeconomics (spring semester)
Music (youth choir/orchestra)

We don't have "Honors" in homeschooling otherwise I would be taking a lot more of that...
I'm really looking forward to school this year, I've got some interesting classes.

Quantum Mechanics I (tech elective)
Radiation Detection (lecture + lab)
Math Methods in Engineering (tech elective)
Heat Transfer
NRE Special Topics Nuclear Reactor Materials (tech elective)

There's a good chance I'll drop the Math course for a required course, Electromagnetics, but I'm on the fence. Basically I have 10 courses left to take over 4 semesters but Emag isn't a prereq for the others, so I can take it anytime. Plus the math course is somewhat graduate level (it has 25 slots for graduate students to sign up and 10 slots for undergrads; the undergrads are in same course but are graded differently, or at least sign up for the "U" section instead of "G" section).

Only prereq was diffy q, and the topics seem like a natural extension of diffy q. And plus as a engineering math course it's not as tough as the math mathy things--it's an elective for math people as well.
Spoiler :
Fourier series; Fourier integrals; Boundary value problems of PDEs; Separation of variables; Eigenvalue problems, Eigenfunctions; Heat eq (temperature); Wave eq (vibrating string); Potential eq; 2-D & 3-D problems.

I may also change one course to pass/fail once classes start if I deem necessary, so that I keep the hours. It wouldn't count as a tech elective if I do, but I'll fill my tech elective requirements anyways by the time I graduate.

I'm not sure why I have US History twice.

why are other AP courses a semester long?

since the AP exam is only once per year, it makes sense to me that if a school does treat AP courses in a semester it would at least be second semester so that it coincides with when the AP exams actually are (in May for non USians). Weird to have a single semester AP course in fall imo.

Lets see, these are the important classes I'm taking this semester:

Introduction to Prehistory
Human Origins
The Interpretation of Literature
Introduction to Politics in Muslim World

And these are the joke classes I'm taking to buff up my semester hours:

First-year Seminar: Bollywood, Curry and Temples: How “India” Came to America
Online at Iowa

Besides the literature class, this semester is looking to be very interesting. :)

why are other AP courses a semester long?

Because our school has four classes a semester and there weren't enough kids who signed up for AP classes to give us an A/B system.

since the AP exam is only once per year, it makes sense to me that if a school does treat AP courses in a semester it would at least be second semester so that it coincides with when the AP exams actually are (in May for non USians). Weird to have a single semester AP course in fall imo.

Well it's AP English, so we had to study in the summer.

1. Pre Cal Honors
2. AP United States History
3. English III AP
4. Spanish IV Honors Pre-AP
5. AP Chemistry
6. Lunch
7. Wind Ensemble (my school's top band class)
8. Computer Aided Drafting

These are all semester long classes. The homework is going to be awful. Second night of school and I have about three hours worth.

I actually won't have a class schedule next quarter :D

lol what I wouldn't give if I was only in school. My schedule randomly fluctuates from days to nights to overnights. Working a 40 to 50 hour a week schedule and still going to school randomly tho not really time of day dependent.

Microbial Physiology + Lab
Medical & Veterinary Virology
Medical & Veterinary Immunology
Molecular Microbial Genetics
Biochemistry II + Lab
Infectious Disease Lab

My final semester of my Microbio and Bio degrees. Very glad to be done with that. A lot to remember but fortunately a lot of overlap.

Don't feel like listing my schedule until we finalize it on the 28th, but right now for semester 1 I have SUPA economics (Similar to AP, but the class itself gives credit rather than the test) period 6 and regular economics period 8.

Two issues:

1. Not supposed to have a period 8 class.

2. Don't need economics twice. The SUPA class is enough:p

I don't have my schedule yet.. but soon enough I shall post mine, not that I'm looking forward to school or anything :\

Semester 1:

1. Free hour (don't have to show up til 2nd hour :))
2. Calculus
3. Physics
4. Band
5. Intro to Psychology
6. Composition I
7. General Education Statistics

Semester 2:

1. Consumer Education
2. Calculus
3. Physics
4. Band
5. Composition II
6. Introduction to Programming
7. Study Hall

Monday: Civil Procedure and Legal skills
Tuesday: Torts, Criminal Law, and Property
Wednesday: Civil Procedure, L1 Program, Legal Skills
Thursday: Torts and Property
Friday: Civil Procedure and Criminal Law (and copious drinking afterwards, no doubt)

Top Bottom