2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie is so fake, man. Like Chris Matthews says, while Biden, Piet and Warren would stop their car to help you if you are hit, Bernie would just cruise by you.
This latest stunt disgusts me and I hope people see through it and support Bloomberg and his policy of "we are disproportionately targeting white people in stop and frisk".

It was a plant. Nice stunt though.

Sure it does... with the key words/phrases being at time index 0:52 to 0:54 and 1:17 to 1:21, which again, bolsters my point. Again "comedy" is by no means mutually exclusive with offensive... and the whole point of the sketch... which you may or may not have gotten... was that white people are so racist that white people think in terms of black people being "too black" or "not that black", with the latter being electable and the former being un-electable, precisely because white people are racist and see being black as negative, so the "more black" you are, the more negatively they see you.

Which brings up the point @Timsup2nothin raised... if you notice the "blackness scale" in the comedy sketch... there are not only white people on the scale... the scale has no regard whatsoever for skin tone, lightness, darkness, etc... That's because "blackness" in the context of referring to someone as "not that black" is more typically invoked in the US to differentiate how closely a person mirrors negative/threatening (in the eyes of white people) black stereotypes. The closer you mirror white people's negative black stereotypes, the "blacker" people who think in those terms will think you are ... the less of these stereotypes you mirror, the less threatening you are to white people, and the more likely people are to think of you as "not that black".

So thanks for posting this, as it directly proves my points. The "not that black" label is offensive, racist white people think in those terms, and comedians point it out, because yes... it is funny how racist people think.... such that a black person running for office has to say and do things to make sure that racist white people view them as "not that black" in order to get elected.

"white people love Wayne Brady....because he makes Bryant Gumbel...look like Malcolm X"

And we're the conspiracy theorists

LOL...I never called you a conspiracy theorist. That said, I have done actual work on the dark underbelly side of political campaigns, and while I don't really know if it was a plant I do know that in any room with two political operatives there is at least one suggesting exactly such ideas and they are often put into action without even bothering to ask the candidate. Start a fight so we can throw out an undesirable is more my field of expertise, but plants of all other kinds are everywhere.

Well if the candidate wasn't aware it was a plant, then it wasn't a plant. The authenticity is still there on his behalf whether or not it is on the audience members'.

Like I was saying, Bernie's campaign uses a lot of plants and crisis actors. In the following video you can see a whole bunch of them. People fainting only to give Bernie a chance to look good - but thankfully the smartest among us see right through the facade.

Tbh, though, maybe some aren't plants, but robots. After all Berniebros include mad scientist types.

Well if the candidate wasn't aware it was a plant, then it wasn't a plant. The authenticity is still there on his behalf whether or not it is on the audience members'.

If he was unaware of it his action is real, but not necessarily authentic. There have probably been numerous briefings where he's been told "Your image as a self absorbed dick who would walk right by someone on fire and not even bother to pee on them is a problem. If by chance some opportunity presents itself where there is a camera around and someone in need happens to get in your way, do us all a solid and don't just be yourself, okay?" Once you get that into the candidate's head you make sure that "chance encounter" happens. That's the job.

Moderator Action: This is a discussion thread, not a 'please watch my video' thread. Please do not make posts which simply include a video and some vague meta-commentary. Instead, say what the video is about and provide some content in your post for discussion.

If he was unaware of it his action is real, but not necessarily authentic. There have probably been numerous briefings where he's been told "Your image as a self absorbed dick who would walk right by someone on fire and not even bother to pee on them is a problem. If by chance some opportunity presents itself where there is a camera around and someone in need happens to get in your way, do us all a solid and don't just be yourself, okay?" Once you get that into the candidate's head you make sure that "chance encounter" happens. That's the job.

By that logic even if the person was authentic Bernie's action can be discounted as possibly calculated. Effectively nothing is going to move you from your preconception.

Of course, this is Bernie Sanders we're talking about, so none of what you just wrote makes any sense.

By that logic even if the person was authentic Bernie's action can be discounted as possibly calculated. Effectively nothing is going to move you from your preconception.

Well, nothing is going to move me from just not caring.

I'm not voting for a guy because he is maybe generous with his bottled water.

I'm also not against a guy because he might <shudder> use political operatives while conducting a presidential campaign.

Don't care either way. I was mostly curious as to how many true believers would leap into the fray with "Bernie would never stoop..." type commentary, which I think is silly. The guy has been in politics his entire adult life. Maybe this was a plant, and maybe it wasn't, but to think that any candidate, ever, is made of pure driven snow is, to me, outright hysterical.

Sure it does... with the key words/phrases being at time index 0:52 to 0:54 and 1:17 to 1:21, which again, bolsters my point. Again "comedy" is by no means mutually exclusive with offensive... and the whole point of the sketch... which you may or may not have gotten... was that white people are so racist that white people think in terms of black people being "too black" or "not that black", with the latter being electable and the former being un-electable, precisely because white people are racist and see being black as negative, so the "more black" you are, the more negatively they see you.

Which brings up the point @Timsup2nothin raised... if you notice the "blackness scale" in the comedy sketch... there are not only white people on the scale... the scale has no regard whatsoever for skin tone, lightness, darkness, etc... That's because "blackness" in the context of referring to someone as "not that black" is more typically invoked in the US to differentiate how closely a person mirrors negative/threatening (in the eyes of white people) black stereotypes. The closer you mirror white people's negative black stereotypes, the "blacker" people who think in those terms will think you are ... the less of these stereotypes you mirror, the less threatening you are to white people, and the more likely people are to think of you as "not that black".

So thanks for posting this, as it directly proves my points. The "not that black" label is offensive, racist white people think in those terms, and comedians point it out, because yes... it is funny how racist people think.... such that a black person running for office has to say and do things to make sure that racist white people view them as "not that black" in order to get elected.

The skit focused on 'cultural' blackness with Bill Clinton above Obama on the scale. Obama is black and white but he grew up mostly in Hawaii and Indonesia followed by Kansas and Ivy League schools and I guess his father wasn't around much.

Colvin later said: "My mother told me to be quiet about what I did. She told me to let Rosa be the one: white people aren't going to bother Rosa, they like her".[6] Colvin did not receive the same attention as Parks for a number of reasons: she did not have ‘good hair’, she was not fair skinned, she was a teenager, she got pregnant. The leaders in the Civil Rights Movement tried to keep up appearances and make the ‘most appealing’ protesters the most seen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudette_Colvin

The latest joke just in: Michael Bloomberg to ask/offer Hillary Clinton to be his running-mate.
If there is anything to that rumor he is going to have to pull a Cheney and prove he inhabits Wyoming, excuse me, I mean Florida. He can still win New York, right?

For the record, Paul Mooney stated unequivocally that he loved his black president.

Last edited:
The clips of Bernie and Chris Matthews are good. The commentary you can probably just skip... particularly nauseating is when the commentator says "apology accepted" to Chris Matthews as if the apology was to him personally rather than Bernie Sanders... it just came off as super self-righteous and self-absorbed and rubbed me completely the wrong way. I mean I was annoyed by the commentator from the very beginning... his whole tone was pretty off-putting, but that snide little quip after the last Matthews clip with him "accepting" Matthew's apology just validated my annoyance with him.

Still, for the clips of Bernie and Matthews' about-face on Bernie alone the video is worth watching. Frankly even if as @Timsup2nothin suspects there is some, or all theater involved... its good theater. I'd rather see that kind of stuff than the candidate calling Mexicans rapists that's for sure. In many ways candidates and even moreso POTUSes are supposed to be role models and moral leaders.

So good job Bernie, plant or no plant... its refreshing to see a leader setting a good example instead of acting like an assclown for a change.

The skit focused on 'cultural' blackness with Bill Clinton above Obama on the scale. Obama is black and white but he grew up mostly in Hawaii and Indonesia followed by Kansas and Ivy League schools and I guess his father wasn't around much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudette_Colvin
As I understand it, Barack Sr., divorced Obama's mother shortly after he was born and left her to return to Kenya. Although he later returned to the US to attend Harvard, Barack Sr., only met Obama once after that, ten years later, so yeah I guess that qualifies as "not around much".

Caludette Colvin was also a teenager, supposedly pregnant with a married man's child, which was a bad look for the movement, particularly in those days. So she probably couldn't have been the face of the movement for that reason alone.

This just in from Politico, that in a 2015 speech Bloomberg lumped the ACLU (well, the New York chapter) with the NRA: "We don’t need extremists on the left or the right running our police department, whether it’s the NRA or the NYCLU,” the then-mayor Bloomberg said of the New York Civil Liberties Union, in a 2013 speech in which he defended the city’s controversial stop-and-frisk policy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/16/michael-bloomberg-teachers-civil-libertarians-nra-115430

As a fan of both the NRA and the ACLU... well, I wasn't voting for "Mayor Mommy" Bloomberg anyway.

The ACLU isn't an extremist organization by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that Bloomberg thinks of it as one just shows how reactionary he really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom