2022 US Election

Whatever I'm voting independent up and down the ballot. Might even change my affiliation afterwards to independent (was and still is republican) in order to cleanse myself of the poop stench of modern American political discourse. A little too late to change my affiliation now, but I think I'll do it once I convince myself to be less of a lazybones.

And if y'all are still gonna throw feces my way for somehow being unforgivable for once being the opposite whatever and not your particular whatever. "Talk to the hand!" 👋

'Putin's chef' Yevgeny Prigozhin admits interfering in U.S. elections​

U.S. offering $10M reward for information linking him to election meddling

Russian businessman Yevgeny Prigozhin said on Monday he had interfered in U.S. elections and would continue doing so in future, the first such admission from a figure who has been formally implicated by Washington in efforts to influence American politics.

In comments posted by the press service of his Concord catering firm on Russia's Facebook equivalent VKontakte, Prigozhin said: "We have interfered (in U.S. elections), we are interfering and we will continue to interfere. Carefully, accurately, surgically and in our own way, as we know how to do."

The remark was posted on the eve of the U.S. midterm elections in response to a request for comment from a Russian news site.
"During our pinpoint operations, we will remove both kidneys and the liver at once," Prigozhin said. He did not elaborate on the cryptic comment.

Prigozhin, who is often referred to as "Putin's chef" because his catering company operates Kremlin contracts, has been formally accused of sponsoring Russia-based "troll farms" that seek to influence U.S. politics.

In July, the U.S. State Department offered a reward of up to $10 million US for information on Prigozhin in connection with "engagement in U.S. election interference." He has been hit by U.S., British and European Union sanctions.
Prigozhin kept a low public profile until recently but has become more outspoken in the course of the Ukraine war, including by criticizing the performance of Russia's generals.

In September, he admitted to founding the Kremlin-aligned Wagner Group mercenary organization, which is active in Syria, Africa and Ukraine. Last Friday, it opened a defence technology centre in St. Petersburg, a further step by Prigozhin to highlight his military credentials.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russia-yevgeny-prigozhin-united-states-election-interference-1.6642853

Third party candidate is fine too I guess if one can't find a non affiliated. Better than the establishment parties.

It's time we shed the dead skin off this old rattler!

So the best, the very best candidates either the Democrats or the Republicans are two aged people that no one is really excited about. I mean seriously, the sum of the political talent in all of the United States is those two goofs? Biden, hes not a bad person, but hes not someone that I get excited about and hes an average at best President. Trump is just a pathetic moron and weve seen the damage hes done to the country already, divisivness, failed coupe attempt, corruption, ad infinitum. What a joke to run out those two as the best possible candidates to run the country.

So the best, the very best candidates either the Democrats or the Republicans are two aged people that no one is really excited about. I mean seriously, the sum of the political talent in all of the United States is those two goofs? Biden, hes not a bad person, but hes not someone that I get excited about and hes an average at best President. Trump is just a pathetic moron and weve seen the damage hes done to the country already, divisivness, failed coupe attempt, corruption, ad infinitum. What a joke to run out those two as the best possible candidates to run the country.
The answer has to be "Who is telling you these are the best"?

The answer has to be "Who is telling you these are the best"?
Well the point of the post is to say they are obviously not the best. However, they are being paraded to the general public, by the prospective parties, that they indeed are the best. With Biden it obvious to me he is not the cream of the crop. Trump is a little more complicated, again its obvious to me he is not the best candidate, but Republicans refuse, probably out of fear, to move away from him. So the Party will pay lip service to Trump, but they secretly hope he just goes away for good. Also, if someone is going to be "the most powerful man on the planet" should we not send the best and brightest candidates. It seems like common sense to me.

Got any suggestions for better candidates who could actually win a national election?

By the way, both men have go through 50 primaries. Trump will probably win, but Biden would have to work if any Democrat decides to oppose him.

Well the point of the post is to say they are obviously not the best. However, they are being paraded to the general public, by the prospective parties, that they indeed are the best. With Biden it obvious to me he is not the cream of the crop. Trump is a little more complicated, again its obvious to me he is not the best candidate, but Republicans refuse, probably out of fear, to move away from him. So the Party will pay lip service to Trump, but they secretly hope he just goes away for good. Also, if someone is going to be "the most powerful man on the planet" should we not send the best and brightest candidates. It seems like common sense to me.
And my point is that a lesson one could take from that is that "the prospective parties" are happy to lie to you. Perhaps this is not so much of a surprise, but then one has to wonder if this fact is considered enough.

Time to decide if you want to campaign for a candidate. If not, vote primary and vote general. It's not like you need to choose Trump/Biden. If you don't like either one, I'm unlikely to choose either.

Got any suggestions for better candidates who could actually win a national election?

By the way, both men have go through 50 primaries. Trump will probably win, but Biden would have to work if any Democrat decides to oppose him.
I suppose the crux of the question is "who could win a national election". Trump already lost an election, unless you get your news from conspiracy sites and random youtubers spouting nonsense, he lost in Red states. With all Trumps legal issues and the recent Fox news/Dominion lawsuit i.e. the ensuing negative information coming from it. People pay attention to this stuff and more to the point, moderates and independents pay attention to this stuff.

"That's the last four years. We're all pretending we've got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it's been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn't really an upside to Trump." Tucker Carlson

Trump is an albatross for the Republican party. There is no question that he can win a Republican primary, but there is serious doubt he can win a national election. He needs moderates and independents and hes lost them after the coupe fudgery. He has all the never say die Republicans but needs the others to be a viable threat to win. Its over. He runs against Joe Biden he loses and this time I don't think it will be close.

Flashback to 2016 and the Democrats, I joked to someone that all the Dems had to do was run out a cardboard cut out as a candidate and he would do better than Hillary Clinton. It was the dumbest thing in the world to pit someone nearly as unpopular as Trump against him. They virtually guaranteed the election would be close. Had Joe run back then Trump loses. But what confounds me is that instead of backing someone not as polarizing as Hillary they just reward her since shes been in the Democrat party hierarchy for so long and its her turn to run for presidency consequences be damned. That's whats confounding to me with both parties. Sure Biden can win a national election, but is he really the best man for the job? I say no. As far as better candidates, Trump showed us that you don't need to be a career politician to win the presidency. I am sure the Democrat or the Republicans for that matter can find a somewhat honest, fair, impartial person with a background in law who is mildly charismatic to run. I mean anyone but these two.

The die-hard(as you sort of put it) Democrat absolutely loves centralization, regulation, and seniority/authority. It was her turn. In fact, it was her turn to write history. Everyone else is an ist.

I suppose the crux of the question is "who could win a national election". Trump already lost an election, unless you get your news from conspiracy sites and random youtubers spouting nonsense, he lost in Red states. With all Trumps legal issues and the recent Fox news/Dominion lawsuit i.e. the ensuing negative information coming from it. People pay attention to this stuff and more to the point, moderates and independents pay attention to this stuff.

"That's the last four years. We're all pretending we've got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it's been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn't really an upside to Trump." Tucker Carlson

Trump is an albatross for the Republican party. There is no question that he can win a Republican primary, but there is serious doubt he can win a national election. He needs moderates and independents and hes lost them after the coupe fudgery. He has all the never say die Republicans but needs the others to be a viable threat to win. Its over. He runs against Joe Biden he loses and this time I don't think it will be close.

Flashback to 2016 and the Democrats, I joked to someone that all the Dems had to do was run out a cardboard cut out as a candidate and he would do better than Hillary Clinton. It was the dumbest thing in the world to pit someone nearly as unpopular as Trump against him. They virtually guaranteed the election would be close. Had Joe run back then Trump loses. But what confounds me is that instead of backing someone not as polarizing as Hillary they just reward her since shes been in the Democrat party hierarchy for so long and its her turn to run for presidency consequences be damned. That's whats confounding to me with both parties. Sure Biden can win a national election, but is he really the best man for the job? I say no. As far as better candidates, Trump showed us that you don't need to be a career politician to win the presidency. I am sure the Democrat or the Republicans for that matter can find a somewhat honest, fair, impartial person with a background in law who is mildly charismatic to run. I mean anyone but these two.
Nailed it. I've been saying the same thing for years.Although, to be fair, Comey's little stunt right before the election didn't help. Not only was she tarred by the BENGHAZI!!!!! stuff, her campaign strategy terrible -- hardly stepped foot in PA, MI, and the other blue states turned by Trump. And the line about deplorables was unbelievably stupid.

I suppose the crux of the question is "who could win a national election". ...[snipped for brevity]
I agree with a lot of what you said, but (I think?) not the overall premise, or at least the last sentence (paraphrased below). Assuming Trump wins the R nomination for '24, (a big assumption I suppose, but, well, it's... it's gonna happen...) who would you prefer to put up against him in the 2024 Presidential Race? That you think could actually beat him?

It's all well & good to be like "is this the best we can do?!?" We're all like that. That's easy to say, but it's not accepting reality. Odds are it's going to be Biden vs. Trump again. So "wishing" for better candidates is like wishing for a pot of gold - it's great & all, sounds amazing, probably scores rhetorical points, but it's... not gonna happen.

Let me put it this way: assuming it's Trump on the R side, who would you choose, other than Biden, to run against him that could actually win, who meets your criteria below? Not some idealistic candidate you wish would win, but one who could actually win?
I am sure the Democrat ....can find a somewhat honest, fair, impartial person with a background in law who is mildly charismatic to run.

So "wishing" for better candidates is like wishing for a pot of gold - it's great & all, sounds amazing, probably scores rhetorical points, but it's... not gonna happen.

Now is the time for people to express their aspirations. If and when Biden is the nominee then he's our guy. Until then we can say who we want instead of him just fine.

That's fair, but "imaginary unicorn pixie candidate who checks all my boxes" isn't a real person.

EDIT: I guess, my point is: Name Someone, & say why they are better, & also electable. Imaginary Unicorn Pixie is easy to support. Real Person X or Y or Z invites actual discussion.

Last edited:
Your party isn't captured by an albatross. You could win with almost anything. But you won't. "They" don't want to.

who would you prefer to put up against him in the 2024 Presidential Race?
If I was some big money "democrat" I would be preparing some sensible covensional conservative to run as an independent against him. If you want a name Mitt Romney springs to mind, or perhaps Liz Cheney, but I really have no idea. Get the american system to work for the dems than against it.

Top Bottom