A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a BUG option for it :)

Ah, thank you. :) Didn't realize that was among the changes. The "naming cities" option was concelaed at the bottom of the screen because my BUG window was one line too small and I needed to scroll down.

I hope my inattention on that issue doesn't distract from the main bug Grathocke and I were reporting: the negative experience and fluctuating exp in the hover text.

question i'm using aaranda's religions and need to know if i can install the patch as is or wait and and do a clean install, like i've had to do with each other iteration of AND because of that modmod?

Started a new game with Patch I:
I can confirm Grathocke's bug report in post 2678: After defeating animals or barbarians, my Warrior receives negative experience points and the hover text experience cycles through different 10-digit values. When I reloaded, I noticed that the 10-digit number only cycled through two values: one value when the mouse cursor was near enough to the unit to activate the hover text but not light up the flag; and the other value when the cursor was "on" the unit (flag lit up).

Confirmed -- seeing the same XP error with all my units. Same specs as previously posted (less the Icons which was preventing the game for loading for me)

The XP error... I found the cause. Lol, I just forgot to include the most updated text files with the patch. A simple XML error.

Anyway, I'll be creating a patch J in a few minutes. It will have the textual fix.

The XP error... I found the cause. Lol, I just forgot to include the most updated text files with the patch. A simple XML error.

Anyway, I'll be creating a patch J in a few minutes. It will have the textual fix.
Will it fix the Trading post to Depeleted Mine problem I got with patch I? I'm using patch H now.

Ready for the longest post in history... Here I go! :p

Patch I Report:

You forgot to add Hashishim entry to main MLF file. It broke my save. But I fortunately understood why and fixed it. But wonder why you didn't add his entry to MLF file yet...

EDIT: Yes, Patch I does indeed break save. After I added back Hashishim, my loading went even more further to less than 1/4 way of the loading bar, then there was a long wait, then Runtime error.

Oh well, here on to a new game...

SECOND EDIT: Well, it is save compatible if I removed Icons folder from Projects/Vincentz. So my game continues but without his cool pics. I can wait for them in the next game :).

So move along because there is nothing to see here.

Hashishim has been added to the MLF with Patch J.

Patch I Report:

Possibly is a old bug that hadn't been noticed before. Anyway, I had been conquering other civs' land. Well, there were three unique buildings that did not show up in hover-over for production, defense, espionage. I'm Chinese, and I even noticed that Pavilion don't show up in culture hover-over. These three buildings were dun (wall replacement), earthworks (forge replacement), and congresshouse (courthouse replacement).

Not really a game breaking bug as long as you know these buildings well or learn about them fast. But it would be more convenient if these unique buildings info were to show up in hover-over.

Fixed with Patch J. It was because the game was using the Player's Civilization Type instead of individual cities.

Hi.

I have RoM 2.91 + AND 1.73 patch I (and nothing else), and it crashes to desktop with runtime error everytime I try to start a new game. I use Custom Game, Giant map with some other options. I don't have a log file, none is generated.

Try using a tiny or duel map, and rule out that it was your PC specs. (Giant Maps are stressful for most PC's)

I get a horribly looking depleted mine with patch I. I think it was a Trading post before - not sure. Definitely not a mine, and resource depletion is off.
Spoiler :

The cursor is at the mine, so the text at the lower left is from that position on the map.

A New Dawn.log:

Strange, Nothing I've done would affect tiles.

Some more things I have noticed. 1.73 patch H.

When selling a building, why not just list the real amount (the 20% amount) of gold that you'll get back for it in the drop down instead of making us do calculate it or wonder why the hell we didn't get the amount listed because we (ok... I ) didn't bother to read the message at the top saying I'd only get 20% back.

Because that would be a good, useful idea. :p
I love playing the Hittites. Their UB is the best, in fact it's overpowered. I refuse to even upgrade them to steel mills (except maybe 1 or 2) because its a net loss for me. Logically, why would access to Iron give a 10% food bonus? That should be dropped, keep the regular production bonus though as it's unique feature.
Yeah, their UB needs to be scaled back, for sure.

Am playing Diety, ruthlesss AI, raging barbarians, start as minors. I am sure it has been said many times, game is still too easy. AI can't build proper economic assisting building ans just mass spams military units until it chokes on them. AI doesn't value writing enough when Start as minors is enabled. In my game, I am about to enter the medieval era (in 1st century AD) and this only after delaying it on purpose by researching every ancient and classical era tech before going after one that would bump me to the medieval era. I am x4 score compare to my best rival, (whom I just recently vassalized, after steamrolling over his hordes of archers and spearmen with heavy swords) I had to wait for the idiot to finally research writing or I would have done in centuries earlier. I've built every wonder of the ancient and classical age except Sun Tzu's, the Collossus, and Chichen Itza.

Start as Minors cripples the AI... don't use it.

Also another odd circumstance, I am on continent A shard w/ 2 AI civs. I have discovered and explored continent B which began w/ 4 AI civs, but spawned 3 more from Barbarians. The only reason I can reach continent B is because I settled a city that had its culture expand out enough to reach the coasts of some islands off Continent B's mainland. So I am the only one that can reach continent B. The AI's on continent B and continent A have no contact with each other. I am the only civ with Alphabet (or was at the time I noticed this) Several of the AI civs on Continent B have developed writing so I can talk to them and have many times, I've never given away contacts. As soon as one of the AI civs on continent AI, develop writing (the one I have been waiting on so I can make them capitulate) the AIs on continent B start demanding that I make peace with this AI. How do they even know of this AI's existence? They can't send explorers over (ocean boundary through my territory), and I've never told them about them.

Bug, definitely a bug. Patch J will have corrected this.

A last thing I have noticed, is when I jump down to a very high tax rate for incomes of 1000+ the amount that I get back on the next term is FAR less that what was predicted. For example I was poised to have +1459 gold to be added to 255 gold in my treasury after dropping down to 0% science. (I wanted to horde some gold to spend on finishing buildings) Yet on the next turn I got 1200 something instead. Where did 400+ of my gold income disappear to? It wasn't road costs that is for sure, not 400 gold worth... nobody stole from my treasury, no one has spies except me, and I should have gotten a message. Inflation? something else? When I pump my science slider back up to get smaller per turn gold gains It does not appear to go missing anymore.

Without a save (and logs) handy, I don't know. Something for sure, but what..., I can't say offhand.

Patch I Report:

I think we may need to tweak Peace Trade a bit more. Several times, civ A asked me to have peace with civ B. I clicked "Yes" choice. No more repeat AI Peace Trade deals, that is good. But the next turn, I'm still in war with civ B! I wait until another civ A to ask me the same thing for another civ B or same B (not relevant), and I responded in affirmative. Again I'm still in war with civ B.

So? The AI hates your war. Tough.

However, I did scale back how often they can demand peace. Mkay? ;)

I have the same problem Robo metioned after applying patch I. My trade market's have been replaced with Depleted mines.

Life is stranger than fiction...

I installed patch I over patch H. I'm getting a "failure to uncompress game data" when trying to load a saved game.

I attached the log file; I'm using a custom civ and a few minor edits to the code (e.g., # of moves for missionaries), so not save-game compatible.

Thanks in advance if you can figure out why my game won't load post-patch I.

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy}

Maybe it's something to do with modded AND installs? Mine isn't modded and my save (from patch G) loads fine.

Indeed. Modding your game pretty much voids any support I can give you, and can cause unpredictable results.

Others have mentioned this, but now everyone hates me because "You have proven to be committed to peace" gives a negative modifier.

Can I see a screenshot?

When an AI asks you to go to war, it gives you that modifier with the targeted AI for refusing to go to war. It's supposed to be positive tho, not negative.

Really, it's negative? My code should make it positive... IDK how it could be messed up. :(

Started a new game with Patch I:
I can confirm Grathocke's bug report in post 2678: After defeating animals or barbarians, my Warrior receives negative experience points and the hover text experience cycles through different 10-digit values. When I reloaded, I noticed that the 10-digit number only cycled through two values: one value when the mouse cursor was near enough to the unit to activate the hover text but not light up the flag; and the other value when the cursor was "on" the unit (flag lit up).

This is a fresh install with no other mods. Since Grathocke already posted his file and logs, do you need mine too?

Nope.
The only other thing I've noticed is that Landmarks do not get discovered if they are in visible range of a unit when the map is first generated. (I can see the landmark name by hovering over the tile, but the blue sign is not generated and founding a city nearby does not adopt the name.)

Not much I can do... The game appears to use some hidden EXE function with the initial starting tiles, so it avoids my code altogether. Annoying yes, that's why I added Landmark names to tile hovers too.

BTW, founding cities no longer takes names from the nearby landmark; an excellent change I think. I like the traditional names for cities.

Actually, it's an option in the RoM Settings. ;)

I'm stuck in this screen how do I get out of it? It won't let me choose what I want to build in my capitol city and it is setting me back pretty badly!

It's an interface error. Next time it happens, upload your logs folder (provided you turned on python error logging. If not, see Zappara's posts, he details how to do that in their.)

Ah, thank you. :) Didn't realize that was among the changes. The "naming cities" option was concelaed at the bottom of the screen because my BUG window was one line too small and I needed to scroll down.

Yes, the BUG settings page is a veritable gold mine of options. ;)

question i'm using aaranda's religions and need to know if i can install the patch as is or wait and and do a clean install, like i've had to do with each other iteration of AND because of that modmod?

Patchs should be save friendly, so as long as you are using some version of 1.73, just install the patch overtop, no-reinstall necessary. ;)

Confirmed -- seeing the same XP error with all my units. Same specs as previously posted (less the Icons which was preventing the game for loading for me)

Mkay. :p

You guys do remember I have bug report tickets for Sourceforge too? Right? Next time I introduce a big error like this, use that instead of flooding this 3 pages of the same thing over and over. ;)

Probably Not. Can I have your save from before Patch I, with logs?
I loaded a save (Viggo_986-BC_May-28-2010_23-17-23) with patch H, played one turn and saved it. Logs and final save enclosed.
I then installed patch J, loaded the original save, and the trading post had become a depleted mine. I saved the game but did not do a turn. This time the depleted mine had proper graphics, but it's still a change I can do without. Logs and final save enclosed.

Do tell if you need more info.

Edit: I've run into a crash with Patch H, so I'm awaiting the result of your investigation with interest. I'm not sure what causes the crash, but it may well be old news as I'm using an old patch.

Attachments

• Viggo BC-0979_patch_H.CivBeyondSwordSave
    358.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Viggo_986-BC_Patch_J.CivBeyondSwordSave
    359.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Logs with patch H.zip
    547.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Logs with patch J.zip
    551.6 KB · Views: 48
OK i had a crash that happened (logscrash) actually twice in same time) then i restarted clearing the cache out with autosave and it proceeded (logsnew) maybe this will help maybe not? If you need the save let me know. This was with patch J. Again always let me know when your done with my attachments, i dont have that much more space, thx.

EDIT: THx for NOT letting me know, about the logs, so i just deleted them!

You misunderstood me on Peace Trades. I want them to ask for Peace. I mean I'm still in war with civ B the next turn. That's what I mean. And even worse, one of civ B is at the very bottom of the scoreboard and had the most to gain from ceasing war with me. That is what I mean.

No need to scale down Peace Trades. I like to exploit that frequency :D.

I'm not certain it's a bug or feature, but I've noticed with the barbarian civs I contact I seem to get a permanent -5 "past events" penalty when I meet them and it doesn't seem to decay. I checked the advanced diplomacy xml files but don't see any entry giving a decay time. Is that a feature, or should I stop complaining until it seems to stick around for 2000 turns?

;-)

Patch J Report:

#1 For other players who modified their RoM/AND or even just have Hashim (sp?) Clash of Civ installed, you still need to move Icons from Modules/Projects/Vincentz to safekeeping place until your next game. Unfortunately, it does break savegames for people who don't have pure AND install for whatever reasons.

#2 For Afforess, the Peace Trade is still "bugged". Spain is at war with me for over 50 turns or so and there had been several times when an AI asked me to have peace with Spain. Each time, I said Yes. The next turn Spain is still in war with me. No ceasing at all. And to clarify: Spain did not declare war again.
To make matters worse for Spain is that it is at the bottom part of scoreboard. I have no idea how War Weariness is affecting it but no doubt it is hurting right now.

It doesn't affect me. In fact, I also am at war with Sumeria (third place) and Celtia (formerly at fifth place but steadily sliding down due to my conquests). So I'm not hurt by it.

I just updated to 1.73, added patch J. Custum install of 1.73, not sure how to upload the log but here's a copy-paste of it:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Historical Wonders} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

I've started a couple custum games, only using the diplomacy, fixed borders, tech diffusion, barbarian generals options. I keep getting Flexible Difficulty enabled too, I reach the top and the difficulty goes up. I don't remember enabling it, or even seeing it as an option anywhere, is there a way to turn it off?

just a thought:
ever notice how galleons and other transport ships always seem to be the defender even when stacked with frigates or other warships....seems to me rather makes it useless to have the defensive ships in said fleet....maybe a change is needed there...obviously subs and other stealthy ships should be able to pick there own target...at least first one, but anything else the warships shld be able to intercept....i know this is tech a bug forum but its only 1 i'm scribed to atm so i put here

Afforess - If you'd prefer bug reports opened as tickets on sourceforge, I'll do that. It's also possible I'm remembering who asked me to war incorrectly and the "-12: You have proven to be committed to peace" is from him asking me to war. Next game I'll watch for that to confirm.

Hittites' UB is strong liek whoa, and germany + celts suck hard. The celts don't even get the benefits of nice UU's.

Edit: Bug or "feature"? When a unit with much XP is upgraded, it retains its level but loses most of the XP. Example: I created a heavy swordsman and gave him 111 XP. Exited worldbuilder, upgraded to infantry, now he has 25 XP.

This is in Patch I, I'll check it on patch J in a bit when I download it.

Edit: Bug or "feature"? When a unit with much XP is upgraded, it retains its level but loses most of the XP. Example: I created a heavy swordsman and gave him 111 XP. Exited worldbuilder, upgraded to infantry, now he has 25 XP.

Definitely a feature. The flag is in GlobalDefines as "max xp after upgrade" or similar.

Hi, I no longer have internet access as i've moved house so sorry if these bugs have already been reported.

Playing 1.73 patch G

Noticed equestrians guild does not provide horses as stated

Some of the mouse overs for buildings are displaying strange values. Health sometimes shows up on actual as saying plus 3 healthiness minus one unhealthiness, also in some cities a building will display a negative :commerce: icon when there are no adverse affects to that building. Sorry I can't be more specific but there is something definatley weird going on with the mouseovers.

Renewable recources such as pigs and corn are still depleting. (with depletion turned on)

Love the guilds, they are a fine addition (i believe dancing hoskuld is to be applauded for that? and obviously afforess)

Edit: oh and tech diffusion isn't diffusing.... although i think you're already aware of that

Hi, love your mod which is why this bug is all the more upsetting...:(

I am in the medieval era in my game and I cannot load save games any longer (it causes a CTD). I have no mods (other than yours) and I have performed a clean install with the latest patch J. None of this has worked. I tried turning all the settings all the way down but the saves still don't load.

I can load this save game:
View attachment 253978

But five turns later the save is not loadable, and I am not sure what is causing it:
View attachment 253979

I can continue to play but eventually the game will CTD and none of the saves I make around or after 1180 A.D. work.

Here is the log:
View attachment 253977

I hope all this information helps and thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom