1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudeSDCA

dudeSDCA Prince

Thanks again Afforess for all the patches and quick turnarounds!!!! Playing with patch J and since the patches have been save-game compatible, this is the longest I've played a game in a long time, and I think it's the best game I've played of Civ 4 in, well, ever!! :D

2. fieldman

fieldman Chieftain

I am playing with patch J and have a few possible bugs to report.

When a civ is destroyed, fixed borders locks some land plots under the old civ, and some squares are very difficult to . Eg. I have had one land plot locked in the middle of my empire for hundreds of years under an old civ name, and I cant "capture" it nor influence it by culture.

After patch J, my trade posts were changed into fishing icons! I built new improvements on them, since the city manager rarely ulilizes them anyway.

I have also noticed that Inquisitors cannot be built anymore, but have not yet tested if reverting back into Intolerant civic post patch will fix it. (I was intolerant when the patch was applied).

I do use Gigantic map.

Edit: Inquisitors was re-enabled upon changing back to Intolerant civic. Note. If you patch over a saved game while Intolerant, you may need to recycle civic.

3. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

evidently there is an issue with trading post changing into strange other improvements. is seems it's not as much your patches then some fault in the trade post XML. maybe a XML tag is used twice and miraculously loading order is changed after patching which might result in this behavior. it's just my guess.

4. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

It happens only in savegames and if the load order of the improvements is changed.

5. RobO

RobO King

Will it be fixed in the next patch?

6. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

But the only difference between Patches I and H were the icons, and I checked your XML, and it didn't add or modify anything new....

wait...

Okay, I figured it out. I moved Vincentz folder in the MLF load order. I bet that made trading posts load earlier than they should have. My bad, I'll fix it (or you can fix it manually) in the next patch...

7. MasterJoKeR

MasterJoKeR Chieftain

ive got a problem,everytime i try to start a new game i get a Runtime Error message [Jun 02, 2010 - 13:37:09] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
    Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
    Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
    Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
    Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
    Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement PS ive only got Windows XP32

8. Blackflag421

Blackflag421 Warlord

Afforess, the AI city placement seems to have improved. While it still often picks suboptimal spots, I'm not seeing any spots that make me go WTF in my current game and some of them are actually really nice.

This is in the bug reports thread because this must be a bug, the AI NEVER picks good city spots. The blue circle is a lie.

9. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

Afforess, what did you change on the AI city location weighting function. did you fix the AI cosnidering 37 workable plots when placing a city (explanation for other: AI assumes a 3 tile city radius when placing cities). or have you just increased the search radius for new city locations?

10. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

Afforess, what did you change on the AI city location weighting function. did you fix the AI cosnidering 37 workable plots when placing a city (explanation for other: AI assumes a 3 tile city radius when placing cities). or have you just increased the search radius for new city locations? i didn't check your latest changes, that's why i ask.

11. os79

os79 Deity

Had you figured out why my savegame CTD in the next turn yet? Will it be fixable in next patch or do I have to start over again?

Thanks again for taking time to figure this out :).

12. Blackflag421

Blackflag421 Warlord

Sometimes the Tailor Shop shows an Actual effect of +1 :) and -2 :commerce: in my current game, with sheep, fur, and cow as resources. Sometimes it shows +2 :commerce:. I'll attach screens in a bit, since I'm posting this on my laptop.

Edit: Haven't bothered to post screens cuz I'm playing, but now that I have another Fur resource the Tailor Shop is giving -4 :commerce:... and in a different city, it's giving +2 :commerce:.

13. Vavdichal

Vavdichal Chieftain

Hello,

Got the following Python Exception.

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "BugEventManager", line 361, in _handleDefaultEvent
      File "RevEvents", line 127, in onEndGameTurn
      File "RevEvents", line 1090, in checkForAssimilation
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'secCultPlayer' referenced before assignment

14. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

it's not a bug. tailor replaces the weavers which gives a static commerce bonus whereas the tailor gives small percentage bonus. i think in a smaller city which has an income of something less then 20 commerce you will lose commerce through upgrading. not sure on the exact values though. you need to check the pedia.

15. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Are you playing BTS?

No, thanks for the reminder.

Thanks, an easy bug to fix. ;)

16. MasterJoKeR

MasterJoKeR Chieftain

well now i have an even BIGGER problem:when i stop one game and try to start another i get an MAF.:badcomp:

17. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Try reseting the game, it will work then.

18. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Why doesn't the AI like researching Archery? I'm seeing AI that have already hit currency but won't touch archery.

19. MasterJoKeR

MasterJoKeR Chieftain

How do i do that?

20. digitCruncher

digitCruncher Emperor

Instead of loading one game when you are playing another (which means that the Civ IV engine loads both games simultaniously. If this goes over the memory allocated to Civ IV, it generates a MAF error), exit Civ IV, and reload the other game.

So, instead of playing one game, and going esc -> Load Game -> Second game.

Go esc -> Exit Civilisation IV -> Open Civilisation IV -> Load a Mod -> Rise of Mankind -> Load game -> Second Game.

This is longer, but you only need to do it if you have low RAM (in which case RoM is not for you anyway), or if you are playing very very late-game (Modern era-ish on Large maps or bigger). You can save the steps 4 and 5 by forcing Civilisation IV to load the mod directly by either changing the CivIV.ini file, or changing the shortcut properties of the icon on the desktop. (There are guides on the site on how to load a mod automatically, if you search)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.