A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, kind of strange.
I clicked on the banner of one of my cities (allowing me to edit the queue without opening up the city screen), and added (using ctr+click) a few units. I did this in 3 cities. I then opened up my city list and saw that it had added that same queue in half my cities (but only on the same continent).

Easy to fix (remove the units), but I can't figure out how this happened to make sure I don't accidentally do it again?
Thx in advance! :)

Ok, kind of strange.
I clicked on the banner of one of my cities (allowing me to edit the queue without opening up the city screen), and added (using ctr+click) a few units. I did this in 3 cities. I then opened up my city list and saw that it had added that same queue in half my cities (but only on the same continent).

Easy to fix (remove the units), but I can't figure out how this happened to make sure I don't accidentally do it again?
Thx in advance! :)

If you hold ALT+ click on city bar you select ALL your cities.
If you hold CTLR + click on city bar you select ALL CONTINENT cities.

Very nice when you need to build Modern Granary in 30+ cities ;)

i think it was civ3, but clda been eary in civ4 when explorers, both land and sea, wld stop auto exploring when no areas remained to explore. it wld be nice to see this ahgain....scts and such aren't big deal but chasing 10 caravel or more down when map is full is a pain

Hello Afforess,

This is HbHadast... I lost my previous account due to inactivity. :mad: I'm not sure if you still remember me but I really need to talk to you about scripting.

Can you send me your e-mail in a PM?

Thank you.

In a new game with the latest patch, I built the pyramids,but get no free irrigation canals. Is this a new bug ?

I have cities near a river.

edit : looking the next day to the game the free irrigation are effective but listed on the buiding list. So after all everything o.k.

In a new game with the latest patch, I built the pyramids,but get no free irrigation canals. Is this a new bug ?

The rule for what Irrigation Canals require still applies so if you don't have river in your city area, you don't get IC :).

I have cities near a river.

I built the pyramids in my game running the latest patch, and I have free irrigation canals.

I am getting a consistent CTD:

I am at the point in the game where map trading has just become available. Whenever I trade a map, everything is fine in-game, but when I save that game and reload it, I get the CTD (every time I do any sort of map trade as far as I can tell).

I hope this can get fixed because I am playing the most interesting game I've ever played, on the most awesome map ever, with one of the best modmods out there. :D

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
1.73 [J]

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows [7]

Here's a working save before the map trade and a bad save right after it (I'm not even sure if a corrupted save is useful but I'll attach it anyway). There is no difference between them except for that the bad save was after trading for an AI's map. (Or if you like you could always load the good save and do the trade yourself and see if you get the same behavior as I'm getting.)

NOTE: The server didn't let me upload the files since they were bigger than 2 mb (sorry- this is a Giant map in the late 18th century :mischief:), so I changed the extension to .ace as a workaround. (Of course, just change them back to .CivBeyondSwordSave to get working saves.)

Thanks.

EDIT: And let me know if you need any logs or anything. ;)

Attachments

• Straeqemjadvik AD-1759 Good Save.ace
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
  • Straeqemjadvik AD-1759 Bad Save.ace
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
Thanks, StormLord-711-. I'll take a look at your saves and see what I can do. ;)

I know this was addressed in some earlier threads but I noticed that my GG are not gaining experience. I did have the Dynamic XP and Battlefield Promotions settings on for a while, but now they are off. Is it possible to change them mid-game and have them revert to the older XP gain pattern?

All the options in the BUG screen are changed as soon as you click/unclick them. Dynamic XP and Battlefield promotions are in the BUG screen.

The bug is :

Until 1951_April not any bug incident occured. Then I pressed the red button and never i was able to see what happen next. The computer is not frezzed but seemed to loop forever !!!
I try to reload at few turn back and change all the events but nothing change. 1951 is definitly the year where the code loop.

My first experience of A new down ModMod and the most challenging game ever !!! Great work anyway

The details :

A New Dawn.log :

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Games\Civ 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

The Patch :
1.73I

View attachment 254541

when ever i go to the sit rep in the military screen i get
Civ4ScreenShot0052.JPG
also i don't know what it is with me and the ocean critters spawning on land but now i got land whales i was using the Smart Map
Civ4ScreenShot0053.JPG
both of these were on patch J

I did make the modifications in BUG and it still hasn't changed the behaviors of the XP gains. None of my units, GG or otherwise, are earning any experience even for beating other nation's forces.

Did you select Crazy Placement Resources? If so, then there :), not AND's fault.
probably but i thought afforess fixed that after my shrimp issue

also barbarians are still pillaging even though i've got the Hijemi Samurai Castle's
i'm also getting no points towards GGs from barbarians anymore
using spy stuff does not cost the correct amount of espionage points foe example it says it cost 320 but it really costs 430

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 51
AA Missile Defense is always missing its icon (its just a pink box) and when I click on it to build it the game crashes. Any thoughts?

Tried a full reinstall, but no luck.

Log file:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Better RoM} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom