1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriskyBuddha

FriskyBuddha Chieftain

The fog of war seems to be having problems, sometimes a unit will be on a tile and the fog still doesn't lift

sometimes random tiles around the world will be lit

2. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

no, it's a general issue. it has comes from commerce overproduction that permanently speeds up the game. so lets say you start on snail speed then at transhuman era the game will already progress as fast as on epic speed (research won't take longer then 5 turns and production of units will be even down to one turn due to production bonuses).

i think that if you play optimal and on fixed noble difficulty it is possible to reach future tech in about half of the available game turns (i.e. after 1500 turns on snail). so there is definitely an issue but it is hard to fix this. it requires a rebalancing and reworking all buildings and improvements to turn down yields to adequate levels for each era. also there is a lack of civics to control commerce yield in large empires. so the larger your empire is the faster the game goes.

currently i'm working on some building changes but it will take some time until i have figured out how to balance them.

3. os79

os79 Deity

AND 1.73J Report:

Wow! Just wow :)! This is the most stable and playable game I had ever played for a long time! I'm currently in very late Industrial era (in fact I'm surprised it isn't modern yet, but possibly one or two techs left to research before turning into Modern Era). I am in a good long war with Napoleon. He have 1.1 power ratio against me but have more than double the numbers of my cities so he is a challenge. He took over two cities from me (one city was his though so no great loss yet :D). I fortunately figured out how to have my early fighters up and active in time to save my latest threatened city. Now my empire is slowly being defended by both land and air units.

So, basically what I'm saying is this: you did a great job! Maybe one more or so patch(es) left :goodjob:.

Only one strong recommendation if everyone else agrees. If they don't agree, then oh well.. Here it is: turn on Fighter Active Defense in RevDCM tab in Contrib folder so we have it on by default. Even AI can use it because it is like WarPrizes purely automatic. It is a great feature :D. A lot better than Opportunity Fire because OF is a bit too overpowered but Active Fighter Defense is about right :D. But up to you. I myself will have it on always from now and on.

4. Darken24

Darken24 Chieftain

As os79 said its probably the SmartMap crazy placement
    wow can't beleive i never noticed that before

nope they are still leveling up from barbs but the GG meter has said i still need 117 the entire time

screen shots below

Attached Files:

5. MasterJoKeR

MasterJoKeR Chieftain

How much RAM do i need to play? Ive got 3.85GB:confused:

6. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

MasterJoker, have you activated the 3GB switch for Civ? If you are using a 32bit windows, Civ only uses 2GB of RAM, you will need to manually adjust that. There is a tutorial in the RoM forum.

Darken24,

I will need a save to fix the GG problem, however, I did find the cause of the Espionage point discrepancy. I'll fix that in the next patch.

7. egogo

egogo Chieftain

Humorous quote Asreix Rage :) You are right, i can play the game well but thats where the problem begins. Before AND, this occasion rarely happened and if it happened, there was only a hundred years of difference at most. But after AND, as i told u, there are infantries in the 16th century. It really is an unpleasant situation.

Thank you Killtech for your serious quote by the way. So you mean, everyone is playing in the same way as me right? I would really like to know how many players suffer the same problem. So if anyone having the same, please just leave a quote so maybe the developers or the modders will have more time to solve it.

I dont know much about modding but, it seems something went wrong with timing in AND. No offences guys. I just wanna help all for a better gaming, just as i can.

8. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

if you compare the max commence yields (through basic worked tiles + buildings + modifiers) in each age between a vanilla BtS and AND city (fully upgraded ofc) then you see that all your yields are much much higher and even grow exponentially from age to age. you do not need even consider the 3-radius cities. however tech costs seem not to have been adapted to the much higher income.

it is the problem of the vast quantity new buildings that were added and grant additional boni (bonuses). my current working status you can look up in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=365126.

9. StormLord-711-

StormLord-711- Winter is Coming

What kind of a map are you playing on? I've been playing a game that is actually too slow (the Age of Exploration didn't really start until the 18th century). One the the primary reasons for this is that the mapscript (Perfect World 2) generated four small starting continents instead of the two or so it normally does. I was really concerned about not leaving my tiny starting continent (on which I was nearly alone) until the 1700's, but then I found that most of the world wasn't that far ahead of me anyway.

And how inclined is the world for war? In my game, the largest empire is run by an aggressive warmonger whose tech isn't all that great, but the main tech leaders are on this one continent where it seems all the civs like each other.

I might add, one thing that might skew my results a little is that I put tech brokering on. I've used it for a while, so I'm not totally sure how much of a difference it'll make, but I'm sure it does slow things down a little without killing tech trading entirely.

10. egogo

egogo Chieftain

ok i had a look on your work and it seems nice. hope it works well and solves the problem. so is the "BuildingUpgradeChains 1.06.2010.rar" downloadable now? and does it work with AND patchJ?
    sorry about detailed questions by the way :) u really try to help me though. thank you!

11. egogo

egogo Chieftain

i'll try your settings too. im open to any suggestions. the thing is i got really tired and bored a little from starting new games after it looses its reality in the 1500s whatsoever :) i feel so sad when i see what happened to the game of my life :)

12. os79

os79 Deity

:shakehead: No offense, but this game is in no way aiming at realistic historical synthesis. Concentrate on turns as an indicator of how you are not dates. Use dates only as a rush of feeling of having a calendar to it all, that's it. I don't even use it, and we even had a time before when it was turned off by default. However, unfortunately, there were a lot of people who whined for the date to be back on default :shakehead and chuckle:. So play the game (notice I said game right?) hand have fun :D.

13. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

This game is an historical simulator, you know. It doesn't have to match real life and, if you want the Transhuman techs significantly before 2100, it simply can't!

14. giffy

giffy Chieftain

I can't say I ever had many Civ games of any variety going back to good old Civ1 that matched history all that well. Hell, many of the early techs predate the start of the game by a long time and rarely do I or the AI follow the 'historical progression" of technology. Sometimes for example I need nukes to turn the tide of losing war and so I bypass all kinds of things that in reality came long before.

Now there is something I must demand you change. In my last game the Aztecs make it all the way to the modern era! ;)

15. AndarielHalo

AndarielHalo Prince

Global Warming keeps striking WAAY too early and WAAY too frequently. I'm getting global warming strikes around the 700s AD, in the Classical era. The last game I was in it started around 1100 AD and kept striking every 3-4 turns nonstop until game's end.

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I think I have only ever had global warming once in all my games and that was in the late modern era when I decided to see what the nuke effects looked like ;). Wonder what we are doing differently.

17. Blackflag421

Blackflag421 Warlord

It wouldn't happen if the damn AI didn't chop down every forest it sees.

18. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

This, and that.

Too much global warming thanks to the wonderful new +unhealth buildings stacked with the fact that the AI haet forest.

19. Sinapus

Sinapus Defenestrated

Question about the Mountains mod: Is it possible to build a fort-like improvements on them? Haven't gotten that far to see myself and I haven't seen anything in the xml files that says yes or no.

If not, could they be added to the to-do list? Historically, they have built them in mountains. E.g., NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain complex and IIRC the Swiss have some frightening defenses built into the mountains near their borders.

(Though I suppose I could add an extra entry into the Mountains_CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml file for each of the fort/bunker improvements with the "Peak makes valid" flag and that should work.)

20. egogo

egogo Chieftain

since there r lots of bug reports, i couldnt read all so i dont know if there is a problem like this in the forum but i found a new one just now.
    when u find a religion, you can find as many as u click the right mouse button when u r to choose a religion. i mean if u click on for example hinduism 5 times with the right mouse button, then after u choose it with the left, u can find 5 different religions at the same turn. here r the screenshots.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.