A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the Mountains mod: Is it possible to build a fort-like improvements on them? Haven't gotten that far to see myself and I haven't seen anything in the xml files that says yes or no.

If not, could they be added to the to-do list? Historically, they have built them in mountains. E.g., NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain complex and IIRC the Swiss have some frightening defenses built into the mountains near their borders.

(Though I suppose I could add an extra entry into the Mountains_CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml file for each of the fort/bunker improvements with the "Peak makes valid" flag and that should work.)

You can build forts and even cities in the mountains. In fact some buildings can only be built in mountain cities.

since there r lots of bug reports, i couldnt read all so i dont know if there is a problem like this in the forum but i found a new one just now.
when u find a religion, you can find as many as u click the right mouse button when u r to choose a religion. i mean if u click on for example hinduism 5 times with the right mouse button, then after u choose it with the left, u can find 5 different religions at the same turn. here r the screenshots.

Wow. I confirmed that, and that is an egregious bug indeed. I haven't modified choose religions behavior, so I need to test if that bug exists in vanilla BTS.

Question about the Mountains mod: Is it possible to build a fort-like improvements on them? Haven't gotten that far to see myself and I haven't seen anything in the xml files that says yes or no.

If not, could they be added to the to-do list? Historically, they have built them in mountains. E.g., NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain complex and IIRC the Swiss have some frightening defenses built into the mountains near their borders.

(Though I suppose I could add an extra entry into the Mountains_CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml file for each of the fort/bunker improvements with the "Peak makes valid" flag and that should work.)
You can build forts on mountains.

since there r lots of bug reports, i couldnt read all so i dont know if there is a problem like this in the forum but i found a new one just now.
when u find a religion, you can find as many as u click the right mouse button when u r to choose a religion. i mean if u click on for example hinduism 5 times with the right mouse button, then after u choose it with the left, u can find 5 different religions at the same turn. here r the screenshots.

Wow. I confirmed that, and that is an egregious bug indeed. I haven't modified choose religions behavior, so I need to test if that bug exists in vanilla BTS.

I thought this was one of the known problems with the whole choose religions/limited religions from RecDCM that Orion Veteran fixed and was going to be included in the next release of RevDCM.

So it seems that the pink icon issue with AA Missile Defense and the other improvements was from not installing the Advanced Nukes Module.

I am wondering how one might go about fixing the problem with the improvements without installing the new nukes. They are just to powerful for my tastes. Is there an easy way to just delete them?

In my opinion, some of the religions come in WAY too late in the game compared to the RL equivalent.

Islam is definitely one of the worst in this regard; Islam was founded in the 600s AD, yet with this mod, it doesn't come around until nearly a thousand years later with the discovery of Education.

Hellenism as well. By the time most civs are researching Aesthetics, it's well into the 300s or 400s AD, whereas Hellenism in reality was at its peak in the 300s BC

My unwarranted proposal:

Islam should be founded with Constitution civ. Being that Islam is very heavy on the idea of contracts and contractual loyalty, this sort of makes sense, given that a constitution is THE contract of a nation with its people.

Hellenism should be founded with Athletics. Obvious enough, I'd figure.

I can definitely buy Hellenism founded by Athletics. After all, the Olympic Games were founded in honour of Zeus and his family :)

MasterJoker, have you activated the 3GB switch for Civ? If you are using a 32bit windows, Civ only uses 2GB of RAM, you will need to manually adjust that. There is a tutorial in the RoM forum.

Darken24,

I will need a save to fix the GG problem, however, I did find the cause of the Espionage point discrepancy. I'll fix that in the next patch.

Ive done that but now it slows to a crawl and then crashes :badcomp:

as for global warming: can't just the pollution from cities with access to coal participate in global warming? don't see any reason why all pollution should count towards it.

You can build forts and even cities in the mountains. In fact some buildings can only be built in mountain cities.

Does it require a specific tech? Like Mountaineering or Algebra? I had a unit with the mountaineer promotion on a peak and moved a worker on the space. Had Mathematics and Construction, but was only able to construct cart paths, roads or paved roads, IIRC. Hm. Actually, I don't recall if I could build a mine so maybe I have to be a bit more patient and wait for those above techs.

Does it require a specific tech? Like Mountaineering or Algebra? I had a unit with the mountaineer promotion on a peak and moved a worker on the space. Had Mathematics and Construction, but was only able to construct cart paths, roads or paved roads, IIRC. Hm. Actually, I don't recall if I could build a mine so maybe I have to be a bit more patient and wait for those above techs.

you need mountaineering to work or to go on top of the mountains, and algebra to establish cities on top of them. if thats what u ask.

Hi Afforress,

Getting a CTD when attempting to load a saved game -> Rom 2.91,AND up to Patch J, and HAND version 1.2. It bugs out right at the very end of the load process. I have alerted this issue to Hydormancex as well but thought you might want to take a look. Not sure if its casued by AND or HAND.

I have uploaded the saved game that crashes and the logs.

Appreciate any assistance you have to offer.

Thanks
ColonelFlag

Attachments

• Bug.rar
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
I posted this question in a different thread. Dancing Hoskuld recommended that I ask here. I have installed RoM 2.91 along with AND 1.73 (and Patch J). Most of the wonder movies are not playing for me, except the Ark of the Covenant, the National Archives, and (if I remember correctly) the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I searched but didn't find an answer to this problem. (I do not have the "No Movies" option checked.) Note that when I discover a religion, these movies are playing. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know how to fix it?

I posted this question in a different thread. Dancing Hoskuld recommended that I ask here. I have installed RoM 2.91 along with AND 1.73 (and Patch J). Most of the wonder movies are not playing for me, except the Ark of the Covenant, the National Archives, and (if I remember correctly) the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I searched but didn't find an answer to this problem. (I do not have the "No Movies" option checked.) Note that when I discover a religion, these movies are playing. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know how to fix it?

I'm not sure, but try this:

Open the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file in the Modules folder. Move the WonderMovies entry to the bottom:
(red removed code, green added code)
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]				<Module>
					<Directory>WonderMovies</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>[/COLOR]
				<Module>
					<Directory>Custom ArtStyles</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>
				<Module>
					<Directory>ROME</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>
[COLOR="Lime"]				<Module>
					<Directory>WonderMovies</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>[/COLOR]

Save it and load your game and give yourself a wonder.

To be honest I dont know if this is CiV, RoM or AND related but :

Whenever I play with Minor Civs on and regenerate the map I loose my second unit.

Say... I get that same problem- it bothers me enough to go into the WB and add it back in- hard to do without looking at the map. The second unit was a feature added by the Revolutions mod in RevDCM (which enables Start With Minors), so it may even be caused by RevDCM. I'll test and see if I can get the same thing out of it.

Ok, I tried regenerating a map in RevDCM with Start With Minors on and I lost the second unit here as well on my first try. Looks like that's where the problem's coming from then. Strange I never noticed that in it before I started playing RoM.

Hi Afforress,

Getting a CTD when attempting to load a saved game -> Rom 2.91,AND up to Patch J, and HAND version 1.2. It bugs out right at the very end of the load process. I have alerted this issue to Hydormancex as well but thought you might want to take a look. Not sure if its casued by AND or HAND.

I have uploaded the saved game that crashes and the logs.

Appreciate any assistance you have to offer.

Thanks
ColonelFlag

...And that sounds very similar to a problem I've been getting at a certain point in one of my saved games. It also crashes at the very end of the loading process. I don't use HAND. In the game I was playing, the saves were perfectly fine until I made a map trade (I think it was my first one), at which point any of the saves were bad. The game never gave me a CTD when playing, only when loading. Does a map trade appear to be affecting your problem as well?

...And that sounds very similar to a problem I've been getting at a certain point in one of my saved games. It also crashes at the very end of the loading process. I don't use HAND. In the game I was playing, the saves were perfectly fine until I made a map trade (I think it was my first one), at which point any of the saves were bad. The game never gave me a CTD when playing, only when loading. Does a map trade appear to be affecting your problem as well?

Hmmm. Is the map larger than what you normally play on? Crashes post map-trade actually sound like RAM issues to me. I had the same problem on larger FFH maps until I got a 64-bit OS and could dedicate more power to the game.

Hmmm. Is the map larger than what you normally play on? Crashes post map-trade actually sound like RAM issues to me. I had the same problem on larger FFH maps until I got a 64-bit OS and could dedicate more power to the game.

It is- I've been playing on a giant map size. But only 75% total of my 4 gigs of RAM are being used, and I have a 64-bit OS. But why would a RAM problem not show up during gameplay but show up when loading a save of that gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom