A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the upgrade and promote unit buttons are nice I think they should be global options rather than a per unit choice and feel they just clutter the screen. Also the blue glow on units is happening before the battle finishes so you know the outcome early which means why bother with the battle animations at all. :mischief:

As expected the latter part of my earlier report was an artifact of last night's party. I have not yet checked the former. The really worrying part about all this was that I was the designated driver and the strongest mind altering drug I partook of was coffee! Maybe I am getting old and can't handle parties any more. .... Nah!

While the upgrade and promote unit buttons are nice I think they should be global options rather than a per unit choice and feel they just clutter the screen. Also the blue glow on units is happening before the battle finishes so you know the outcome early which means why bother with the battle animations at all. :mischief:

Auto-Promote is already a global option - in fact, it shipped with BTS. I like having it available on a unit-by-unit basis as well, but I guess I can add options to disable them from the screen.
As expected the latter part of my earlier report was an artifact of last night's party. I have not yet checked the former. The really worrying part about all this was that I was the designated driver and the strongest mind altering drug I partook of was coffee! Maybe I am getting old and can't handle parties any more. .... Nah!

Party On! :old:

Asterix Rage, Warlords will be removed next version.

Cor'e =), thanks for the report. I will look into your issues. #3 is well known, and I believe there is nothing that can be done about it.

To ALL,

There will be no further patches for AND 1.74. Development has moved into full swing for 1.75. I'm not planning to add a lot of features into 1.75, with the possible exception of MAD Nukes. I'm completely restructuring AND into a stand-alone mod, but it will still have most optional features you have today. 99% of users will not see major changes, except faster loadups. Modders will note that the Afforess folder will be completely removed, and all code will be in the base XML. I will be focusing on balancing, removing superfluous units and content, speeding up turns, and making the mod bug-free.
Is not the ANM mod the same as M.A.D? So if most of the stuff in the modules is moved out, the game will start up faster?

Warlords are definitely too strong, but it would be kind of nice if you replaced them with a unit with normal strength and no national limit. It would be like privateers on land that are available for most of the game eras. I think it would keep much of the fun functionality of being able to attack without declaring, but they wouldn't be as overpowered.

Yes. The game has to search the modules folder and look through every folder, for every XML file. Since there are about 100 XML files, that means 100 extra searches per folder, which adds up. Since most of the content is now in the gameoptions, I can move it into the Main XML without problems, and it should speed up the load times considerably.

Yes. The game has to search the modules folder and look through every folder, for every XML file. Since there are about 100 XML files, that means 100 extra searches per folder, which adds up. Since most of the content is now in the gameoptions, I can move it into the Main XML without problems, and it should speed up the load times considerably.

I agree 100% there.;) When i moved everything to the main files, my start-up time went from over 5 minutes to UNDER one minute. Plus the later era's were alot faster also.

In my current game I am playing as Mansa Musa and my state religion is judaism. Now I realize that I am not able to build any jewish temples. Temples of other religions and monasteries can be built but the jewish temples do not even appear in the list of available buildings. Is there any civic or great wonder that causes this?

EDIT: After I had built Masada, I was able to build jewish temples. In the sevopedia it says that you can build Masada 5% faster with a jewish temple, this seems to be a contradiction.

Playing with the latest patch, I have some complaints about (ruthless) AI: I started a match on Earth Map as Mongols and invaded China. They convinced the russians to declare war on me. The russians convinced Romans and after a while the Romans (who btw never want to make peace) convinced the rest of the world to declare on me. This seems to be broken, as although I was able to make peace with most of the civs a short while after they declared again and again. The screenies will show you that they either don't get something from the convincing civ (currency has not yet been invented and they don't get techs either) - so they dow on me as a tribute or something? The reason why Rome convinces all others is not clear to me either as they are on the other side of the world, plus I never had anything to do with them. When their stack finally arrived near a city I conquered shortly before they found it to be empty (my garrison was evacuated) and then - surprisingly - they just moved around it - I swear if I move a unit in the city they conquer it asap.
screenie 1
Spoiler :

One more thing is the -1 :unhappy: "Too close open borders" all the civs tell me we would have - I am Mongols and the Zulus tell me that (as well as all the others, too - is this a special ruthless "feature?)?! Or the -2 :unhappy: for kicking Ambassordors out? They did that - not me - when they gave in on Romes request to dow on me!
screnie 2
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0131.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0131.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 344
  • Civ4ScreenShot0132.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0132.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 374
hello,

When I grant Independence to these 3 cities, the game crashes. I also just posted in hte questionable AI thread about the AI building to many factories. If you look throughout the map (mainly rome, and india) a lot of there cities are 1 pop because they have nothing but factories.

p.s I tried to upload the log file but it kept telling me invalid file. So here it is:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
---Description:
A crash which is reproduced 100% of time. Every time when i try to capture a specific city the game crashes immediately. Trying to capture/bribe other cities on same continent don't lead to crashes. Both cities are very small and on the Ice - this is the only hint I have.

---Steps to reproduce:
Load the save game (attachment).

Try to capture City "Lybian" (barbarian city at the bottom of the map - there are units 1 turn from there.
OR
Try to Bribe City "Sippar" (also at the bottom of the map).
Both attempts will lead to the crash.

---Environment :
Win 7 x64, Core 2Duo E6700, 4Gb Ram, 280GTX
ROM 2.92, AND 1.74H (also reproduced on patch E)

Not sure if this is a AND bug or ROM bug. No other mods installed.

P.S.: tried to submit a bug in bugtracker but the space is limited and it's impossible to upload large saves.

Attachments

• CTD_capturing_city.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
bunkers give no defiance bounes while they are not in any cultural borders. why? is this a bug or feature?

Just noticed that I can build Naval Academies on inland lake cites (even though they aren't near coast).

See Screenshot

Attachments

• Naval Academy Shore.JPG
    Naval Academy Shore.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 110
I am not sure if it is fixable, but I was using the "bProvidesFreshWater" tag with my conversion of Hydro's Water Mod. Anyways, a built a building which adds Fresh Water (Cistern), and it irrigated a farm that was previously not irrigated. The issue is that the computer does not add the extra Food from irrigation until I start the game up again.

I also have to ask about Leaderheads for updated final version of my Leaderhead Pack for the final versions of RoM/AND. Do I need to provide extra XML files for Leaderheads for things such as Realistic Diplomacy?

Anyways, I am glad that I am finally able to play deep into a game. The AI is much better (giving me a run for my money on Prince, although I managed to have the top score; made me feel real rusty), especially with Ruthless AI. The Dali Lama (personal leaderhead I use for Tibet from the old Mega Civ Pack (May have answered my previous question since I have seen no errors with him) recruited Harald Hardrada to attack me, found that funny. I think that from this game, I can confirm that if I did not have those out of date extra civs, the game would not be half as fun (Where has the Fun Gone? Thread); there are simply not enough civs in basic RoM to adequately populate a giant map with Barb Civ and Revolutions.

I am not sure if it is fixable, but I was using the "bProvidesFreshWater" tag with my conversion of Hydro's Water Mod. Anyways, a built a building which adds Fresh Water (Cistern), and it irrigated a farm that was previously not irrigated. The issue is that the computer does not add the extra Food from irrigation until I start the game up again.
Should be fixable.
I also have to ask about Leaderheads for updated final version of my Leaderhead Pack for the final versions of RoM/AND. Do I need to provide extra XML files for Leaderheads for things such as Realistic Diplomacy?

Nope, it's in the SDK now.
Anyways, I am glad that I am finally able to play deep into a game. The AI is much better (giving me a run for my money on Prince, although I managed to have the top score; made me feel real rusty), especially with Ruthless AI. The Dali Lama (personal leaderhead I use for Tibet from the old Mega Civ Pack (May have answered my previous question since I have seen no errors with him) recruited Harald Hardrada to attack me, found that funny. I think that from this game, I can confirm that if I did not have those out of date extra civs, the game would not be half as fun (Where has the Fun Gone? Thread); there are simply not enough civs in basic RoM to adequately populate a giant map with Barb Civ and Revolutions.

Interesting...

Would you be interested in and have enough free time to update yours and Zapparas extra civs and leaders for AND 1.75? I honestly don't know much about leaders and civs.

Hey all, my first real bug post, so please let me know if I'm screwing this up.

Random CTDs between turns (after about 5 seconds or so). The only clue I have is that when I open the WB and make peace w/ an enemy, it'll sometimes prevent the crash.

Also got the Invalid File error when attaching the log file, so it's pasted below. Thanks for your help:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Standard

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

BUG REPORT:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4bdb51f6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00002de7
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

Attachments

• Gilgamesh AD-0461-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Would you be interested in and have enough free time to update yours and Zapparas extra civs and leaders for AND 1.75? I honestly don't know much about leaders and civs.

I have time due to the fact that my building pack seems to be stable and the bad local job market. I think the biggest issue currently is art styles since I have been playing with the 2.8 version and that is the only issue.

As far as the leaderheads go, I will have to update the schemas and add in BBAI Victory Strategy weights. I should try to add as many secondary LHs for extra civs as possible due to Revolutions. Also, I think a few better art versions came out for leaders. I am just glad that you added the diplomacy to the SDK, it makes it easier for me to add leaders.

Should be fun working with Leaderheads again, just like old times.

How about merging Abyssinia and Ethiopia? I always thought that two is same civilization.

Just noticed that I can build Naval Academies on inland lake cites (even though they aren't near coast).

See Screenshot

Thanks. I will correct that for future releases.

bunkers give no defiance bounes while they are not in any cultural borders. why? is this a bug or feature?

Definitely a bug. Thanks for the report!

---Description:
A crash which is reproduced 100% of time. Every time when i try to capture a specific city the game crashes immediately. Trying to capture/bribe other cities on same continent don't lead to crashes. Both cities are very small and on the Ice - this is the only hint I have.

---Steps to reproduce:
Load the save game (attachment).

Try to capture City "Lybian" (barbarian city at the bottom of the map - there are units 1 turn from there.
OR
Try to Bribe City "Sippar" (also at the bottom of the map).
Both attempts will lead to the crash.

---Environment :
Win 7 x64, Core 2Duo E6700, 4Gb Ram, 280GTX
ROM 2.92, AND 1.74H (also reproduced on patch E)

Not sure if this is a AND bug or ROM bug. No other mods installed.

P.S.: tried to submit a bug in bugtracker but the space is limited and it's impossible to upload large saves.

Okay, great. I'll check it out and fix it.

hello,

When I grant Independence to these 3 cities, the game crashes. I also just posted in hte questionable AI thread about the AI building to many factories. If you look throughout the map (mainly rome, and india) a lot of there cities are 1 pop because they have nothing but factories.

p.s I tried to upload the log file but it kept telling me invalid file. So here it is:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Thanks for the report on the AI. I'll discourage the AI from over-producing unhealthy improvements in the future. Thanks for the report about the crash too, I'll look into it.

Playing with the latest patch, I have some complaints about (ruthless) AI: I started a match on Earth Map as Mongols and invaded China. They convinced the russians to declare war on me. The russians convinced Romans and after a while the Romans (who btw never want to make peace) convinced the rest of the world to declare on me. This seems to be broken, as although I was able to make peace with most of the civs a short while after they declared again and again. The screenies will show you that they either don't get something from the convincing civ (currency has not yet been invented and they don't get techs either) - so they dow on me as a tribute or something? The reason why Rome convinces all others is not clear to me either as they are on the other side of the world, plus I never had anything to do with them. When their stack finally arrived near a city I conquered shortly before they found it to be empty (my garrison was evacuated) and then - surprisingly - they just moved around it - I swear if I move a unit in the city they conquer it asap.
screenie 1
Spoiler :

One more thing is the -1 :unhappy: "Too close open borders" all the civs tell me we would have - I am Mongols and the Zulus tell me that (as well as all the others, too - is this a special ruthless "feature?)?! Or the -2 :unhappy: for kicking Ambassordors out? They did that - not me - when they gave in on Romes request to dow on me!
screnie 2
Spoiler :

Your right, those DOW should not be happening. I've corrected it for the future. And I believe you with that unit AI issue, I'll look into that.

Yes, the Too Close Borders is from Ruthless AI but it's not intentional. I'll try to correct for the next release. Same with the Ambassador penalty.

In my current game I am playing as Mansa Musa and my state religion is judaism. Now I realize that I am not able to build any jewish temples. Temples of other religions and monasteries can be built but the jewish temples do not even appear in the list of available buildings. Is there any civic or great wonder that causes this?

EDIT: After I had built Masada, I was able to build jewish temples. In the sevopedia it says that you can build Masada 5% faster with a jewish temple, this seems to be a contradiction.

Interesting, I look into that.

Hey all, my first real bug post, so please let me know if I'm screwing this up.

Random CTDs between turns (after about 5 seconds or so). The only clue I have is that when I open the WB and make peace w/ an enemy, it'll sometimes prevent the crash.

Also got the Invalid File error when attaching the log file, so it's pasted below. Thanks for your help:

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Standard

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

BUG REPORT:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4bdb51f6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00002de7
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

Well, the bug report is in the correct format, but I don't support AND 1.73 anymore, sorry.

I have time due to the fact that my building pack seems to be stable and the bad local job market. I think the biggest issue currently is art styles since I have been playing with the 2.8 version and that is the only issue.

As far as the leaderheads go, I will have to update the schemas and add in BBAI Victory Strategy weights. I should try to add as many secondary LHs for extra civs as possible due to Revolutions. Also, I think a few better art versions came out for leaders. I am just glad that you added the diplomacy to the SDK, it makes it easier for me to add leaders.

Should be fun working with Leaderheads again, just like old times.

That sounds excellent.

How about merging Abyssinia and Ethiopia? I always thought that two is same civilization.

Seconded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom