A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is a problem or not, but in one instance, I took over all the maya cities. I play with the option where you have to kill all the player's units before they die, so maya still had some culture sitting around on random tiles near the city outskirts. Later on, I finish off maya and the tiles lose all maya culture. Later, there's a revolution and maya shows up to take over some of my other cities, and they instantly got back all the tiles that they used to have control of at the time that I had taken over all the maya cities. Not sure if that makes sense, but it's not even that big of a deal.

Terraforming is still broken, cant terraform desert tiles inside cultural borders if tile is connected to a river. Not a big deal but have reported this three times now since patch B:)

Terraforming is still broken, cant terraform desert tiles inside cultural borders if tile is connected to a river. Not a big deal but have reported this three times now since patch B:)

:) You are funny, you know that? "Not big deal" =? "but I reported this three times since Patch B." Interesting phrasing, to say the least :D.

:) You are funny, you know that? "Not big deal" =? "but I reported this three times since Patch B." Interesting phrasing, to say the least :D.

yeah I know:) not a big deal usually but playing eternity speed huge world map as egypt its big deal to me;) its really rare that my game last all the way to transhuman era and now when it finally did i cant terraform any tiles around my biggest cities:lol:

In a way i like the new auto-promote/upgrade(not so good in early game, but maybe later in game), but like the auto look for barbarians etc, is there any way to just have them at an option for use in the AND/BUG area , i see actually no need for the Auto-Search for barb's etc( i just put units at the borders all around my area i own does the same thing), the way i play games, and with more and more actions being available is getting to much of a hindrance (IMHO).:crazyeye:

Also the promote blue haze around the auto-promote, even if the unit cant be promoted at this time is a distraction also, again (IMHO):(

I really like the more options that are available ration than the option in the installer, wish i knew how to do that, but that is a darn good idea.;)

Hi, i just found a bug. I've just started playing AND, and i just captured my first city in my first game, nothing wrong with that, but i plundered over 100K!... This has to be a bug, especially if all the ai's get it too! Iam playing on a standard sized map but its on snail speed, i'm not sure if thats helpful or not. You've made a great addition to ROM, my hats off to you!

EDIT: I was running patch G, i've just installed the latest patch but i'm still getting the same result:(
EDIT: Also, is it just me or are units off centre in their respective tiles? (screenshot) Or am i just missing something?

Thanks!

In a way i like the new auto-promote/upgrade(not so good in early game, but maybe later in game), but like the auto look for barbarians etc, is there any way to just have them at an option for use in the AND/BUG area , i see actually no need for the Auto-Search for barb's etc( i just put units at the borders all around my area i own does the same thing), the way i play games, and with more and more actions being available is getting to much of a hindrance (IMHO).:crazyeye:

Also the promote blue haze around the auto-promote, even if the unit cant be promoted at this time is a distraction also, again (IMHO):(

I really like the more options that are available ration than the option in the installer, wish i knew how to do that, but that is a darn good idea.;)

yeah I see the bug, those explorers are carrying rifles!

:lol:

The new Auto-Upgrade is just awesome! Auto-promote is not for me but I can see where others may like it :).

May I suggest you add Auto-upgrade only to Worker and Workboat lines? That would be cool too :).

Workers and Workboats don't actually have upgrades, which is why the button is not available.

Workers and Workboats don't actually have upgrades, which is why the button is not available.

Fascinating... Then how do clones and robots replace workers? How do Modern Workboat and Construct Ships replace workboats?

EDIT: Wow, I checked the xml file and they aren't in a upgrade chain. Is it worth making into a chain? Opinion?

Patch H (and possibly F also) the BUG debug options are not sticking between sessions. In particular the start automatically logging (next to last tab) and the levels for messages on the last screen. This makes it very difficult to see the on game start debug messages I am putting out ;).

Also none of the python mods I have put in the config/init.xml are being loaded! Although this could be an artifact of last nights party :). - hum, I probably should log on and see which one won the election - the one with big ears or the red head (one explanation I heard of the differences between the parties).

Ones the patch H installed, my current save crash when starting !
Ones the patch G reinstalled, the same save start properly !

It will be difficult now to report a bug :undecide:

Not a big deal anyway... The point at this time is to make ROM + AND stable, balanced and gorgeous as it has always been.

---Environment :
Win 7 (64b) - 4Gb Ram - HD4850 Catalyst 10.7
ROM 2.92 AND 1.74

---A New Dawn.log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Better RoM} {Silver UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

---The save file (patch H Crash when starting):
View attachment 261511

Ones the patch H installed, my current save crash when starting !
Ones the patch G reinstalled, the same save start properly !

It will be difficult now to report a bug :undecide:

Not a big deal anyway... The point at this time is to make ROM + AND stable, balanced and gorgeous as it has always been.

---Environment :
Win 7 (64b) - 4Gb Ram - HD4850 Catalyst 10.7
ROM 2.92 AND 1.74

---A New Dawn.log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Better RoM} {Silver UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

---The save file (patch H Crash when starting):
View attachment 261511

Good first step.
Now give Afforess your personal modifications to RoM/AND. Better you do your personal modification yourself to the patch H, and continue a game. If it still crash, then we DO have a problem here.

Can we please have an option in the CTRL-ALT-O menu to enable/disable Warlord Chief nationality?

At the moment I am extracting a zip file from someone who kindly uploaded some folders and edited XML to permanently disable it but I am worried that some patch in the future might break this zip effectiveness. I know I am not alone in sharing this view, I find the No-Nationality Warlord extremely annoying.

There is no immediate rush and if you Aforess are too busy to do it that's ok, I'll have to learn how to edit the XML myself sometimes in the future. I just thought that it would be nice to put it in the "to do list" for the future, it can change the game substantially either way and it would be great to have a choice.

Thanks for reading

Can we please have an option in the CTRL-ALT-O menu to enable/disable Warlord Chief nationality?

At the moment I am extracting a zip file from someone who kindly uploaded some folders and edited XML to permanently disable it but I am worried that some patch in the future might break this zip effectiveness. I know I am not alone in sharing this view, I find the No-Nationality Warlord extremely annoying.

There is no immediate rush and if you Aforess are too busy to do it that's ok, I'll have to learn how to edit the XML myself sometimes in the future. I just thought that it would be nice to put it in the "to do list" for the future, it can change the game substantially either way and it would be great to have a choice.

Thanks for reading

I delete Warlord from Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom Units before I play any game. After that patches are never any problem. Or just edit the file in that folder yourself. The patches never touch these files so you are always safe.

As for future, it is my strong suspicion (no promise OK?) that Afforess will not have Warlord be a part of later versions. I may be wrong here so ask Afforess about that :).

Ok thanks, I just thought deleting something would make Civ4 crash at startup. I did look at the UnitInfo.xml file or something but could not find where to put the "0" to disable Warlord.

Good first step.
Now give Afforess your personal modifications to RoM/AND. Better you do your personal modification yourself to the patch H, and continue a game. If it still crash, then we DO have a problem here.

My "personal modifications to RoM/AND" !?
I don't do personal modification ! I just report correctly what I notice wrong with the latest version/patch and even don't ask for a quick fix.

My only wish is to have ROM/AND very clean before the release of civV

Thxxx to you

(WinXP Pro x32 SP3 /3GB 3072, latest M$ updates, latest RoM "n", latest AND "h") Bug reports:

1) Random hang/CTD when toying with the Field of View slider.
2) BUG options not sticking.
3) Resources on-screen floating down and over into bottom UI.
4) And i got this pop-up error when changing the color of Movement Bar:

Attachments

• BUG bug in options.JPG
    BUG bug in options.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 45
Asterix Rage, Warlords will be removed next version.

Cor'e =), thanks for the report. I will look into your issues. #3 is well known, and I believe there is nothing that can be done about it.

To ALL,

There will be no further patches for AND 1.74. Development has moved into full swing for 1.75. I'm not planning to add a lot of features into 1.75, with the possible exception of MAD Nukes. I'm completely restructuring AND into a stand-alone mod, but it will still have most optional features you have today. 99% of users will not see major changes, except faster loadups. Modders will note that the Afforess folder will be completely removed, and all code will be in the base XML. I will be focusing on balancing, removing superfluous units and content, speeding up turns, and making the mod bug-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom