A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
				<GameTurnInfo>
					<iMonthIncrement>72</iMonthIncrement>
					<iTurnsPerIncrement>300</iTurnsPerIncrement>
				</GameTurnInfo>

For 300 turns, you have 72 months per turn. In other words, 6 years per turn for 300 turns. Understand now?

That indeed makes it extremely more difficult. In fact, a vast change from 1.73, which has turns per increment increasing, with far less entries.

I can either adjust the months per turn or the turn increments.

I can't even decide what I'm trying to do; shorten the Ancient Era, lengthen the Classical Era, lengthen the Medieval Era?

Or maybe I shouldn't even be effing with this, but adjusting the tech-speed rate per era.

My first test results were easy; I only needed to load my previous save, and it re-adjusts the dates for the turns. I doubled the 120 months per turn and eliminated the slot for 72 months, and the game I had in 219 BC sprung out at 281 AD. Christianity got founded at 40 AD, speaking of which I'm getting tired of the Medieval era starting with Christianity

I'm playing with patch G and getting a repeat ctd. Here's the save.
View attachment QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM Formations {Better RoM} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Games\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

I'm playing with patch G and getting a repeat ctd. Here's the save.
View attachment 261290

You need to post your A New Dawn.log (found in Rise of Mankind folder) contents as well. Open it with Notepad and copy'n'paste it to your above post and let Afforess know:).

Not sure if it's a bug, but I'm having trouble with wonders that requires a number of buildings. Like a wonder that requires 9 markets When I build the grocer, wich is an upgrade of the market, it disables the market making some wonders not acessible to me. Wouldn't the upgrades count as the basic building for this purpose?

Not sure if it's a bug, but I'm having trouble with wonders that requires a number of buildings. Like a wonder that requires 9 markets When I build the grocer, wich is an upgrade of the market, it disables the market making some wonders not acessible to me. Wouldn't the upgrades count as the basic building for this purpose?

I have the same question for the fishmonger's guild headquarters, that requires a certain number of fisherman's huts. By the time you even get the technology to be able to build that guild's headquarters, the fisherman's hut is long obsolete.

Two minor bugs report in one save !

1)
Location 160°18E / 35°59S a Privateer named "Da funky" among a bloody stack get 82.04 on 82 of EXP (Level 9)
I expect to see this proud unit promoted but nothing happen !
(This kind of disagrement occured to a Warlord before in the same game)
Thank to the "worldBuilder" button that solve the problem quikly :clap:

2)
The tile below remains "Trade blocked by enemy ship" without any enemy ship around !

By the way, what the action "Break the ice" is about ? Is it a futur new feature not coded yet?

the Environment is :
Win 7 (64b) - 4Gb Ram - HD4850 Catalyst 10.7
ROM 2.92 AND 1.74 + Patch G

A New Dawn.log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Better RoM} {Silver UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

The save file:
View attachment 261355

1)
Location 160°18E / 35°59S a Privateer named "Da funky" among a bloody stack get 82.04 on 82 of EXP (Level 9)

2)
The tile below remains "Trade blocked by enemy ship" without any enemy ship around !

By the way, what the action "Break the ice" is about ? Is it a futur new feature not coded yet?

the Environment is :

A New Dawn.log:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Better RoM} {Silver UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

The save file:
View attachment 261355

Thanks for the report! I can confirm both your issues, and will correct them in the next patch. I hope you enjoy the mod! ;)

Extremely minor "bug": The help text of the "Defender withdraw" option reads "if their is room" -> should be "if there is room".

Small remark about defender withdraw: My Warlord Chief (with Morale promotion, so he had 2 movement) attacked a Mounted Infantry (no promotions, so movement 2 as well). The Mounted Infantry withdraw. At first I was surprised and suspected a bug, because I somehow expected the withdraw function to work like in SMAC. There, the defender can only withdraw if attacked by a slower unit; this simulates the fact that a unit of equal or higher speed could catch up to the fleeing defender and therefore prevent the withdrawal. But it seems that attacker speed is irrelevant for defender withdrawal in AND. So I'm not submitting this as a bug report, but instead as a suggestion. However, I don't understand the balancing of AND well enough yet to determine whether such a change (which would make the defender withdraw option weaker) would be welcome.

1)

2)

the Environment is :

A New Dawn.log:
Installed Components:

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:

Windows Version:
Windows

The save file:
View attachment 261355

One more thing ...

On this game I am not able to get entertainer dispate Heraldry discovered for a while

I have run into a very weird problem since installing AND and the AND1.74G patch.

First my computer:
Intel E8400 processer
4 GB memory
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI 5770

I have installed Civ4 complete and updated it. Installed Rise of Manking 2.92.
Everything works fine. I install AND and the AND 1.74G patch.

Now whenever I start civ I get the error that I do not meet minimum requirements and that all graphics are set to low. Changing the ini file will fix this but this is where it gets weird. Whenever I load the Rise of Mankind mod now my ini file is renamed and a new one is created. So loading into civ I am fine but once I load the mod all my graphics settings are set to low and I get the minimum spec warning. While the mod is loading I can delete the blank ini and rename the old one and it seems to work. But if I start or load a game and go back to main menu the ini is renamed and a new one is created and I get the minimum spec warning.

I have even tried removing all permission from the file for everyone, it seems to work for a little but once I exit the game it seems it gets back permissions and renames the file so that civ will create a new ini file on startup.

Any help would be a very appreciated. I am liking the AND mod from what I have seem of it. Also I have a secondary computer for playing lan games on and everything is working like a champ on it so when I do get mine going I have been playing multiplayer direct connect, lan does not seem to work anymore.

Thanks,

I have run into a very weird problem since installing AND and the AND1.74G patch.

First my computer:
Intel E8400 processer
4 GB memory
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI 5770

Now whenever I start civ I get the error that I do not meet minimum requirements and that all graphics are set to low. Changing the ini file will fix this but this is where it gets weird. Whenever I load the Rise of Mankind mod now my ini file is renamed and a new one is created. So loading into civ I am fine but once I load the mod all my graphics settings are set to low and I get the minimum spec warning. While the mod is loading I can delete the blank ini and rename the old one and it seems to work. But if I start or load a game and go back to main menu the ini is renamed and a new one is created and I get the minimum spec warning.

I have even tried removing all permission from the file for everyone, it seems to work for a little but once I exit the game it seems it gets back permissions and renames the file so that civ will create a new ini file on startup.

Any help would be a very appreciated. I am liking the AND mod from what I have seem of it. Also I have a secondary computer for playing lan games on and everything is working like a champ on it so when I do get mine going I have been playing multiplayer direct connect, lan does not seem to work anymore.

Thanks,

As I know, you need to install Warlord + BTS + Patch 3.19 before to install ROM 2.92 + AND 1.74 + Patch G

And of course the latest catalyst driver 10.7

My specs are very similar to yours. It works fine with graphics set to high and OC !

I have tried completely reinstalling civ. Using civ complete and the 3.19 patch, then ROM 2.92. I tested to make sure it worked each step and at this point it works fine. Once AND 1.74 gets installed is when it stops working. I will try the newest catalyst driver when I get home I believe that one is one step newer than mine. Did you have to change your ini file to not check for min specs?

I have tried completely reinstalling civ. Using civ complete and the 3.19 patch, then ROM 2.92. I tested to make sure it worked each step and at this point it works fine. Once AND 1.74 gets installed is when it stops working. I will try the newest catalyst driver when I get home I believe that one is one step newer than mine. Did you have to change your ini file to not check for min specs?

I didn't change any .ini file or check anything. Installed and gaming straight away.

It seems to me your problem is around the graphic driver and/or DirectX

First my computer:
Intel E8400 processer
4 GB memory
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI 5770

Thanks,

You need to alter the ini to load Rise of Mankind by default, or create a shortcut that will load the mod by default, which will fix your problems. Ask around, or search the forums on how exactly to do that, there are 100's of threads on it.

I'm also running A New Dawn 1.74 E (clean install, no other modmods, etc.) and I'm having a weird problem with fixed borders as well: I killed off the French civilization some 15-20 turns ago, yet some of their territory remains and I'm not even able to claim it. (I can however claim neutral tiles.)

The ownership numbers for those tiles vary wildly, some saying 0% French, other >15000% French, and they are not even consistent from turn to turn. I tried letting one of my swordsmen fortified on one of those tiles for at least 15 turns, and on that one the French % slowly went down from 4000 to 2000. But even if it works in the end and I can claim the tile, I don't think recovering a tile from a dead civ should take 30+ turns per tile and force a military unit to remain there :p. So I assume its a bug. Tiles from a dead civ should presumably revert to neutral.

Any quick fix/cheat I can apply in the meanwhile? (Those blocked off tiles hold some nice resources, and I its really killing my motivation to continue this game.) And is Afforess known to fix this kind of bug quickly with a mini-patch?

Edit: weirdness I forgot to mention, the "gift unit" button appears when I'm on the dead French civ territory. I haven't tested out of fear of messing things up even further, but I wonder what'll happen if I gift a unit to them. Will they resurrect :p ?

To follow up on this, I did manage to change the problematic tiles to be owned by me, using the Worldbuilder. Which was a bit spoily, since I saw where some future resources such as Uranium are located, so I wish I could have avoided that.

Just to clarify, yes I'm running AND 1.74 (now with patch G) over RoM 2.92 and BTS 3.19. Save and log are in my previous post.

One more thing ...

On this game I am not able to get entertainer dispate Heraldry discovered for a while

One more thing for Afforess to remember do for future versions: fully eliminate from Civipedia Entertainers as we put in Better RoM: Units or make AI understand entertainers like they understand Trade Caravans and be very effective with that unit.

If you can actually make AI understand and utilize entertainers then that unit won't be overpowered for humans.
Why? With that unit, I can easily pump out ten Entertainers after colonizing/conquering a city from an already strong production city and get me strong cultured-up city. That's what I do with Trade Caravans, I pump out the National Limit of TCs and send them to the new city and boost first basic buildings, then sit back and watch a new city grow into my empire faster (thus getting me GOLD-FAT even at harder difficulties.)

I'm not sure if this has been fixed yet as of the later 1.74 patches, but during the Beta and before, I found this to be a horrific nuisance;

When I conquer another civilization and utterly destroy it, they disappear from the map entirely. Yet some time later, when some civilization creates a new vassal species, or a revolution occurs, the very same destroyed civilization springs up...

...and patches of land in my new Empire that my city has not yet spread to are suddenly turned over to them!

I remember one time destroying Bangladesh, only for some 50 turns later for them to re-emerge, and end up with Bangladeshi borders surrounding my two cities, to where I could not access them with military troops without declaring war on Bangladesh and their master civilization.

Your right, a dead civ's culture should be removed on death. No it hasn't been fixed. I'll make sure to squash it for the future though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom