1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

5 for standard and then multiply it by how much bigger the map is than standard so if the map was 125% bigger than standard it would multiply 1.25 so 6 caravans, like that

2. Sinapus

Sinapus Defenestrated

I'm getting the "uncompress" error when loading savegames then the game CTDs. I'm not at my home computer so I can't upload them. It started about 70 turns in, but I was able to go three turns back and load an autosave. At about 120-130 I saved and rebooted the computer and tried and all the saves (manual and autosave) except for my starting saves were not loading.

Using 2.81 RoM Mega (patched from 2.8->2.81) with most civs and extra leaders moved to unloaded modules. Latest version of AND (1.54) with just Seafaring, Realistic Diplomacy, Beautification, Zoology, Firestorm, Terraforming, Reforesting, Espionage Process, Sea Tunnels, and Balanced Civics. In-game options activated: Mountains, Multiple Production, Advanced Diplomacy. I'll have to go back and verify when I get home.

3. SpaceCowboy_MA

SpaceCowboy_MA Chieftain

Have 4GB RAM, Quad Core Q9300 2.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS (512MB VRAM), and Vista x64 but still get blackened lands with AND. Vanilla RoM works fine.

I had only downloaded the RoM mega version. What is the differences between RoM mega, full, and lite?

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Mega has about 60 extra civilizations, 30 extra leaders, full has 30 extra leaders, no extra civilizations, lite has no extra civilizations, no extra leaders.

No real gameplay changes between them, but Mega requires alot of RAM.

5. civ_king

when I finally get Windows 7 configured correctly on my MacBook (going to Apple Store today) it will be pimping

6. Sinapus

Sinapus Defenestrated

Back home and have some items for the "uncompress" error and CTD when loading saves:

AND log below.

Spoiler :
    {Required Files} {Beautification Project} {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Multiple Production Mod} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Fixed Borders} {Surround and Destroy} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics}

Worldbuilder options:
    Spoiler :
    Option=GAMEOPTION_RAGING_BARBARIANS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_NEW_RANDOM_SEED
    Option=GAMEOPTION_COMPLETE_KILLS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_CIV
    Option=GAMEOPTION_TECH_DIFFUSION
    Option=GAMEOPTION_DYNAMIC_CIV_NAMES
    Option=GAMEOPTION_MULTIPLE_PRODUCTION
    Option=GAMEOPTION_MOUNTAINS
    Option=GAMEOPTION_ADVANCED_DIPLOMACY
    Option=GAMEOPTION_UNLIMITED_WONDERS

I do have tweaks to some of the XML files. Mainly adjustments to the buildings, improvements and some units. I haven't had a problem like this with them before so I'm not sure if it's one of the causes.

7. Afforess

Failure to Uncompress Data simply means you altered your game files, and BTS can no longer load your save. If you altered too many files, or removed some stuff after you started the game, it would cause this. It has nothing to do with AND.

8. AncientSion

AncientSion Warlord

Funny, Art Academy is still imba (50 % more culture ? its like a monastery !)
    Same goes for Art Patronage. 35 % ?

You really need to be more careful with %-modifiers imho. Half of those bonuses would likely still be grossly unbalanced.

Any news on the religions-limit-by-#-of-players ?

EDIT: Cant seem to find these two buildings. Which folder/file contains them ? thanks

9. Cykur

Cykur Warlord

Just wanted to provide some feedback. I fired up a game of the latest build, and I'm using the Realistic Diplomacy mod. I was excited to use this, because it was annoying to have Civs hate you for things that happened 3000 years ago, or slowly tally up "Refused to Help me Counters" for the whole game.

Realistic Diplomacy seems to go too far the other way. Civs have almost no memory of anything other than their current state. As soon as a war is over, some of the civs bounce back to a green friendly face...totally forgetting the war we just fought, including when I razed a city here and there. I have also had many civs who were supposedly my friends backstab me, but that could happen at any time, I suppose, and I'll just chalk it up to dirtbag leaders.

Is Realistic Diplomacy working as intended? I thought the goal was so they didn't remember things forever, not forget them almost immediately.

The other thing worth mentioning is when somebody declares war on you, they penalize you for "Kicking out their Ambassadors". This should only happen when you declare war on them, because when they declare war on you, they are realistically recalling their own ambassadors. Mind you, it hasn't been a problem, because they forget as soon as the peace treaty is signed and want to be friends again.

Leaders sometimes also contact you and then ask you what you want to talk about, but I think this is a known bug.

Otherwise, I'm about 800 turns into a game, and it has been completely stable. Huzzah!

Keep up the good work!

10. Afforess

For the most part, it is working as intended. I list a complete breakdown of forgetfulness on the Main Download Thread for RD. You might want to look at that.

Also, remember that while 1 turn might be seconds for the human, it is usually many years in game. Forgetting a gift in 20 turns in akin to forgetting after 100 years, still rather long in my book...

Fixed for next release. ;)

Yeah, I have to comb through the Diplomacy code some time, and I am not looking forward to that... :(

I'm glad it has been stable and enjoyable. :)

11. Sinapus

Sinapus Defenestrated

That's odd. I've been tweaking xml files to suit my tastes ever since Civ4 came out on multiple mods and never* had this error pop up. I guess my luck ran out. Back to the drawing board.

*ETA: ...and by "never" I do mean that. I've had the error messages when I failed to close an XML tag, MAFs because I used huge maps and massive slowness because I thought it was a brilliant idea to go into worldbuilder after discovering Optics and plant several hundred barbarian triremes (I'd made them a valid unit for the barb civ) near my coastal areas, forcing me to build the navy I'd been neglecting beforehand and spend many turns of effort to destroy them. Savegames have never failed to load. They've failed to save (see the MAF part) but never failed to load. So that's why I'm finding it odd. I'll have to walk back a few changes and see what happens.

"This is a new experience for me." "Happens to me all the time." -Henry Jones Sr., Henry Jones Jr.

12. Cykur

Cykur Warlord

I think the main thing I'm noticing is not so much a fast decay time...it is the AI's memory being wiped whenever they toggle to and from War. I perused the decay times in the main Mod post, and while they are a little bit high, I still think they are much better than almost NEVER forgetting (the previous state of things).

However, what I'm noticing is that while I'm at War, I can raze some cities, and the AI takes note of this appropriately. When the peace treaty is signed, all the negative things are wiped clean and the enemy civ is back to static modifiers (we don't like your religion, close borders, etc.). This is the behavior I was more concerned about.

Anyone else noticed this?

13. CivEikka

CivEikka Warlord

How to load the no storm module? (and the other modules too) As I really hate storms.. They slow the game down, kill your triemes when trying to attack barbarians etc..

Thanks in advance.

14. civ_king

spoilered is part of hydro's vacations post
    Spoiler :

I think a random event (maybe chain) should found something resembling the Boy Scouts (winks at Hydro and Cheese)
    giving ( just some random thoughts)
    1) +1xp for land units
    2) possible to have a chance of giving woodsman and/or guerilla I
    3) possible for a unit to get a promotion giving 25-50% xp from combat
    4) possible to give heal and/or march
    5) happy from campground, ranger station and state park

these are (semi-)realistic effects from the organization
    1) various skills from scouting
    2) lots of outdoor training
    3) adaptability
    4) much First Aid training (typically first responders in emergencies)
    5) Camping?

15. Grathocke

Grathocke Marquis

OK, so everyone is having a great time playing this modmod. All I get is a CTD when RoM is loading. It loads fine if New Dawn isn't installed, but crashes when it is. Wassup? and what can I do to fix it?

16. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

can someone try the "secretary general" diplo option.I tried that but it doesn't worked(i mean, the Ai didn't give any response, not rejected, not accept, nor negotiating.)

17. konradcabral

konradcabral Prince

I managed to get two votes for free. The AI doesn't seem to value it correctly.

18. Afforess

The valuation is a tricky thing. It's actually a rather well written function, written by Dom Pedro II.

What it does is check 3 things.

If you are going to win the SG vote without their vote. If so, their vote doesn't matter, so that's why you may be getting it free.

If their vote will tip the scales, and make you win. Then, their vote is worth a lot.

How many civics you and they have in common, the more, the less value their vote is worth (since if you were elected SG, you would force the same universal civics as they already have)

If you think that this process is not working correctly, and you evaluated all three conditions, then come back to me.

19. Afforess

Follow the installation instructions on the FAQ page to ensure it installs correctly. It sounds like you didn't install it to the correct spot.

20. Grathocke

Grathocke Marquis

I think I followed the instructions correctly. My path is "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind". I changed it to that path during the installation process. I'm not sure what else I could be doing wrong, but I'll go back and look at the instructions again.

Ok, I guess my laptop just needed a rest, or I did. Now it's working. I don't think I did anything differently, but maybe I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.