A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 1.75, 1.76 beta 1, and 1.76 beta 2 installers, the default path it installs to is wrong: It makes a ...\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\ folder. Moving the incorrectly nested folder up a level fixes the problem, though.

In the 1.75, 1.76 beta 1, and 1.76 beta 2 installers, the default path it installs to is wrong: It makes a ...\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\ folder. Moving the incorrectly nested folder up a level fixes the problem, though.

It's not wrong per-se, it uses your last installation path, if you have one. Pre-AND 1.75 builds installed to the location above. ;)

I'm using beta 2, and I'm getting this error upon starting a game with revolutions enabled.

The game then proceeds as if revolutions were disabled, though otherwise works fine.

If I need to turn on some kind of logs or something, I can do that if someone tells me how. :p

I tried to locate the "A New Dawn.log" to include it too, but that file is nowhere to be found. Where is it supposed to be more precisly?

I enabled logging as per Zappatas instructions that Afforess linked to. I still can't find a .log file with the name a new dawn.log, but the log folder in the \my games\ folder got substantially larger and more, I'm including the logs folder here.

After a quick glance in the log files I found two fishy things, both in the LSystem.log file:

1. Something called SHADOW is a reoccurring word

2. Some node called Leaf_farm AxB seems to be causing some trouble

Repeatively it says stuff like

building:Art/Afforess/Early_Building/Wheelwright/wheelwrightB.nif does not contain a node called SHADOW. Its shadow, if present, will be corrupt!
Warning: Node Leaf_3x1 has no generic art matching constraint 0.000000
Warning: Node Leaf_3x1 has no generic art matching constraint 90.000000

And it ends with

LSystem failed to place node Leaf_Farm_4x4!

Oh well, the logs are included anyway and the save can be found on the previous page along with a more detailed description of my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Logs jackehehe.7z
    27 KB · Views: 67
Hi!

I have been playing your mod 1.76 beta 2 last couple of days. I have reached around 1900 and turns are getting slow. I am playing standard size map and standard speed with 14 civilizations. But now my game just randomly drops to desktop and "program have stopped working" appears. I can load the save and play further until this happens again. Memory issue? leak? pc seems slower after crash too. I got Win7 Ultimate 64bit with 4gb ram.

Here are the logs after the crash... and savegame with the random CTD. Just note that you may be able to play for quite some time before it drops if it drops on your pc at all.

Attachments

• GomerLogs.zip
    164.4 KB · Views: 44
  • AutoSave_AD-1914.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
I also have a request regarding the gameplay: Would it be possible to make the non-standard religions also optional. Typically I play on large maps: There are not enough civilizations for having teh additional religions. So, it will result in the technically advanced civ having 5 or six holy cities. I dont like this, so in 1.75 I have removed all new religions from the xml files. However, this makes it difficult to apply patches. If you tell me how to implement the religion switch option in AND, I would help you to re-work the XML's.

I am still offering myself to implement a switch for the new religions in the XML files. Interested?

I am still offering myself to implement a switch for the new religions in the XML files. Interested?

Are you talking about the extra religions in RoM over vanilla BtS or the extra religions in AAranda's pack or the ones in the experimental pack I put up? Or all of these?

If you are talking about AAranda and my packs then it just needs the MLF stuff put in. Personally I find it easier to add or remove a folder than edit a file and change a 0 to 1 or vice versa. I am currently making sure that these packs work in C2C and AND.

2Afforess
I still can not get all the Bug screen options to show. The attached screenshot shows the 5 tabs I consistently get when I install 1.76beta 1 or beta 2 over a 1.75 fresh install (which I checked and played several turns then upgraded to 1.75c patch and again verified and played several turns).

I also can report that having C2C in the BtS/Mods folder when you install RAND will cause changes. AND1.75 had the original Dido. But by leaving C2C in the Mods folder the New Dido will show up.

I attached Logs and 2 screenies.

I can play the game without the extra tabs in BUG but I expect that eventually I will encounter settings that I would not normally choose like Storms. And I always check Multiple Religions but don't have that option with the way the BUG screen now appears for me.

So until I can sort out why I only get 5 tabs I won't be giving much feedback because I feel it's tainted and would be counter productive.

Is there anyway these 2 Mods (RAND and C2C) could be made to co-exist in the BtS/Mods folder without interfere/changing each other?

Edit: the 1st screenshot is there because counting from bottom up you only get descriptions for each of the bottom 9 options by hovering the mouse cursor. Above that you get no description on the Hover.

JosEPh :(

2Afforess
I still can not get all the Bug screen options to show. The attached screenshot shows the 5 tabs I consistently get when I install 1.76beta 1 or beta 2 over a 1.75 fresh install (which I checked and played several turns then upgraded to 1.75c patch and again verified and played several turns).

I also can report that having C2C in the BtS/Mods folder when you install RAND will cause changes. AND1.75 had the original Dido. But by leaving C2C in the Mods folder the New Dido will show up.

I attached Logs and 2 screenies.

I can play the game without the extra tabs in BUG but I expect that eventually I will encounter settings that I would not normally choose like Storms. And I always check Multiple Religions but don't have that option with the way the BUG screen now appears for me.

So until I can sort out why I only get 5 tabs I won't be giving much feedback because I feel it's tainted and would be counter productive.

Is there anyway these 2 Mods (RAND and C2C) could be made to co-exist in the BtS/Mods folder without interfere/changing each other?

Edit: the 1st screenshot is there because counting from bottom up you only get descriptions for each of the bottom 9 options by hovering the mouse cursor. Above that you get no description on the Hover.

JosEPh :(

Conflicting files should not be showing up unless your entire mods folder is messed up. I'd totally delete the entire mods folder, and recreate it. Then clean install C2C, AND 1.75, and apply patch 2.

BTW, I tested beta2 with a clean AND 1.75 install and the entire BUG menu worked.

I knew that others were getting it to work. I just had not found the right combination yet for me. Removing Mods from my Mod folder was the next step.

So you think C2C and AND1.76 can co exist in the Mod folder? That would be good news.

I also would like to get the last working 1.5x or 1.6x version of AND from you sometime if you still have either. I lost my HD over the winter and all my Previous RoM and AND versions below RoM 2.8 and AND 1.75 were lost. I Was Not Happy over that. :/

JosEPh

Are you talking about the extra religions in RoM over vanilla BtS or the extra religions in AAranda's pack or the ones in the experimental pack I put up? Or all of these?

If you are talking about AAranda and my packs then it just needs the MLF stuff put in. Personally I find it easier to add or remove a folder than edit a file and change a 0 to 1 or vice versa. I am currently making sure that these packs work in C2C and AND.

I am talkin about the extra ROM religions: hellenism, naughalism, kemetism and forgot the last one. I think for maps of size large, they are too many and there is no posibillity just to use the vanilla religions which is my preference. As I said: I have removed the extra religions form the mod, but this makes it cumbersome to apply patches in the future...

My mod folder contains a lot of mods next to RAND 1.76b2 and the Bugmod menu works fine like afforess mentioned before.
Maybe you made a mistake by installing the Patch gettin it into the wrong directory or somethin like that.

But there is another question for me @ Afforess

What happened to the revolutionsicon next to the spy icon in the top right corner ?
did I missed somethin ?

Hi!

I have been playing your mod 1.76 beta 2 last couple of days. I have reached around 1900 and turns are getting slow. I am playing standard size map and standard speed with 14 civilizations. But now my game just randomly drops to desktop and "program have stopped working" appears. I can load the save and play further until this happens again. Memory issue? leak? pc seems slower after crash too. I got Win7 Ultimate 64bit with 4gb ram.

Here are the logs after the crash... and savegame with the random CTD. Just note that you may be able to play for quite some time before it drops if it drops on your pc at all.

I'm sorry you are having memory issues with beta 2. beta 1 had a serious memory leak, but that was fixed in beta 2, so the cause of your issues is currently unknown. I notice in your python log the last thing to happen was a couple of nukes going off - could you check if that is a consistent signature when you crash. Also could you run resource monitor (from task manager swith to resources tab and click on 'resource manager') and monitor the memory usage of the Civ4 process as you play (check it every few turns) - is memory usage progressively creaping up over time? If so this would indicate a memory leak which we can search for (though I haven't seen one in my testing so far). If not then it's something else connected to some triggering events (e.g. - the nukes maybe)

Hey guys found another bug in multiplayer lan game.
By saving the game and starting it later transmitting it to your clients.
The error says couldn't decompress transmitted save after tryin it again the same error occurs again and again no matter if the client deletes the save and loads it again.

DjWest, this error normally comes up when the game itself is changed. Make sure your LAN buddies have the same version the game was started with and they didn't change anything.

Conflicting files should not be showing up unless your entire mods folder is messed up. I'd totally delete the entire mods folder, and recreate it. Then clean install C2C, AND 1.75, and apply patch 2.

BTW, I tested beta2 with a clean AND 1.75 install and the entire BUG menu worked.

And I bet you Didn't have C2C in your Mod Folder either. ;)

JosEPh :)

And I bet you Didn't have C2C in your Mod Folder either. ;)

JosEPh :)

From a programming standpoint,1 mod in a separate folder can not draw files from, or interact with another mod in another folder (unless specifically designed to do so, and no one has done that). I expect you have simply installed C2C stuff into AND or AND stuff into C2C, and corrupted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom