A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems exiting out of Steam did the trick. Knocked off something like 10-20% of my memory usage. My Civ 4 doesn't run in Steam but apparently Steam didn't know that, and was eating up huge amounts of memory. I was wondering why this mod and map would play better in 32 bit Windows on the same system than 64 bit Windows.

There seems to be a bug in beta 4 regarding the large city radius: my city can use already the large radius, without the need for the metropolitan administration!

3 city radius is also activated by a certain level of culture (but I never remember exactly which level :D)

There seems to be a bug in beta 4 regarding the large city radius: my city can use already the large radius, without the need for the metropolitan administration!

There are two ways of getting the third radius. With "Larger Cities" on you just need the cultural growth. With it off you need the building.

I think this might be a bug (1.76 beta 4):

When you adopt slavery the civic says you "Get 1 free slave in each city." However, you only get this free slave in the cities that existed at the time you converted to slavery. Any new cities you create after that don't seem to get this free slave.

But maybe this is how it is intended to work???

I think this might be a bug (1.76 beta 4):

When you adopt slavery the civic says you "Get 1 free slave in each city." However, you only get this free slave in the cities that existed at the time you converted to slavery. Any new cities you create after that don't seem to get this free slave.

But maybe this is how it is intended to work???

Really? It should be for future cities too. I'll check the code.

Some feedback,
It's 985BC in my current beta3 upgraded to beta 4 game on Noble level, Giant Lakes Map with initially 7AI.

My style of play has always been rapid expansion. Even to the point of going bankrupt if it will secure my borders or give me a "Must have" resource. With that said, the AI has initially out done me. And I've had to push harder to try to keep within 2 or 3 cities of the leaders. I like this very much. Currently I've finally caught the leaders only because 1 of them( Egypt) Surprise attacked me, and destroyed a border/frontier city. I have managed to rebuild it and capture 1 of theirs during our war. I now own 16 cities as does 2 other AI.

The Barb civ inclusion into the core Mod surprised me and next game the city size will be increased from 3 to 5 before they become a Minor civ. Very Nasty surprise when the Iroquois went from a barb city I was planning on capturing to a Minor civ on my doorstep with a Stack of 10 fighting units lead by a GG! Fortunately for me the city they spawned next to was a size 6 at the time and I just kept building Archers. They ravaged the country side around this city but could not in the end take it. Even when they became a "full" Civ they did not stop their attacks until I brought in a force from my capital and razed their new 2nd built city. This caused the main Stack to head for home as I was then pillaging their Capital's worked tiles.

If all the "bugs" that used to be in Barb Civ are now all worked out, then the inclusion of it into the core mod is (for me) now acceptable. (Another adjustment in how I play ;) ) Just keep pushing this old mans play style.

Side track question which even Strategyonly hasn't answered, What happened to the "Original" Dido? The new one is okay (and could be used for another female leader), but the 1st one was Superior in aesthetics. And OH! so easy on the eyes. ;)

Now back to Feed back;
I still, of course, do not use Rev or Vassals, so my observations and impressions are sans those 2 options. The ability for units to now "claim" a border tile by camping on it is sneaky and so far a good "twist" in gameplay (at least for the player). I need to pay more attention to see if the AI actually uses it too.

Fun game so far. And that is Very important.

JosEPh :)

Some screenshots:
1st is Isabella flooding the world with scribes. Her "Spiritual" Trait at work
2nd is Missing Header (Military) in Foreign relations.
3rd is Joan of Arc making lopsided trade because she had at that time no copper, iron, or obsidian. (of course I said yes! ;) )

JosEPh :)

How do everyone feel about great generals? Personally I feel they are either too easy to get or they are overpowered... Reason being that I lost 30 odd heavy swordmen vs 1 crossbowman with great general in a city on grassland with a wall that I had reduced to 0%. And after the 30 heavy swordmen with city attack promotion had died i managed to lose another 15 crossbowmen against him too. I mean what is this? every move i made had like 0.08 % chance of winning? think he had like 95% bonus vs melee. But that doesnt explain the 15 crossbowmen i lost too. kind of getting frustrated now. How do you counter this? mounted only?

Dont laugh please, i am normaly a city builder and not a warrior so i am kind of noobish. :p

hehe

Edit: And to top it off after finaly not being able to kill him at all. It turned out that he had generals like this all over.... Noooo! Giving up!

I have also seen the khmer flooding the map with its missionaries in my last game, maybe reduce the possibility to build by AI?
and yes, great generals are really, really strong. Grab some experience with the GG during eary stages of the game and you will have aultimate war machine later on. Maybe you should limit the number of leading GG to only one.

@Gomer,

I too am a builder vs warrior, that said I've found that sometimes you have to sacrifice siege units against a GG (after city walls are down) to weaken the GG. If it's primary bonus is against melee, and in this case sounds like archery too, then mounted needs to be in the mix. They are tough and I try to destroy them as soon as i spot them. But 45 units destroyed does seem OP. Need to give that GG the name of Samson or Hercules! ;)

Did you make a screenshot of the GG and the battle? Seeing one would help. Press Print Screen Button on your keyboard anytime during game play to make one.

JosEPh

I've researched Long-Range Forecasting, but I cannot build the Weather Stations at all. I've already built the National Weather Service building but it doesn't mention the individual stations like it used to. There's no option to build the stations either in any of my cities.

major bug in the latest revision!

i cant load a game!

tried both auto save, and regular - i get load failed along with some uncompressed data error.

the save i did (not the auto) i saved as regular bts - not compability.

plz fix it! i cant load my game !!

hey koshling,

you didnt understand me,
i didnt mean beta 4 to 5 isnt compatible,

i started a game after yesterdays 476 new revision, already compiled the files - load game is not possible at all...

You're saying you can't load a game which you STARTED under beta 5? I thought you were saying you couldn't load the one you started under beta 4, which would have been as expected since as I confirmed, beta 4 to beta 5 is not save game compatible. If you can't load a game you started under beta 5 and you have it as a new format save (or can reproduce the issue with another game if you didnt have a new format save for your old one) post it and I'll take a look.

I assume the were no XML changes made at all during the course of this game By the way? (if there were then only the new format would be expected to work)

hey koshling,

well this is the deal - i use and dll with my own xml (i have merged and into my own mod -
different techs, units, the whole shebang, and a few added sdk mods)
been doing that for a long time,
with the new revision - 476 - i cannot load any save game what so ever, not even an auto save.
tried a few times with the different formats - nada - loading crashed.

so - i got back a few revisions, added everything except the save game new codes in the sdk (i keep almost every revision i update for these reasons).
so now i have a working dll with everything you guys updated up to 476 - without the new save game protocol - and vou'lla, it works - i can do save load as i please.

i have double checked my merges and i didnt miss nothing,
all i can say that with revision 476 - i cannot load in either option - autosave, compatible save game and original bts: beta 5 to beta 5, not beta 4 to 5.

i suggest you try compiling the latest revision 476 that is currently up - and then try to use the dll and see if it loads fine for ya, im positive it wont work for you either, and if it will owrk for you, then i missed something.

i hope you can see the error, and its not only on my end, which im sure is not.
plz tell me if you need something from me to upload.
for now - i wont merge the save game code to my end.

p.s
the save game compability idea - its just brilliant i must say, although its not that crusial and more for players and testers - i think its one of the more brilliant components that was created here -superb work (when it will work for me too..:))

thank you,
kel.

hey koshling,

well this is the deal - i use and dll with my own xml (i have merged and into my own mod -
different techs, units, the whole shebang, and a few added sdk mods)
been doing that for a long time,
with the new revision - 476 - i cannot load any save game what so ever, not even an auto save.
tried a few times with the different formats - nada - loading crashed.

so - i got back a few revisions, added everything except the save game new codes in the sdk (i keep almost every revision i update for these reasons).
so now i have a working dll with everything you guys updated up to 476 - without the new save game protocol - and vou'lla, it works - i can do save load as i please.

i have double checked my merges and i didnt miss nothing,
all i can say that with revision 476 - i cannot load in either option - autosave, compatible save game and original bts: beta 5 to beta 5, not beta 4 to 5.

i suggest you try compiling the latest revision 476 that is currently up - and then try to use the dll and see if it loads fine for ya, im positive it wont work for you either, and if it will owrk for you, then i missed something.

i hope you can see the error, and its not only on my end, which im sure is not.
plz tell me if you need something from me to upload.
for now - i wont merge the save game code to my end.

p.s
the save game compability idea - its just brilliant i must say, although its not that crusial and more for players and testers - i think its one of the more brilliant components that was created here -superb work (when it will work for me too..:))

thank you,
kel.

I am running with that and it's working fine for me. If you are able to (with the beta 5 DLL) start a game and save it as new format (and confirm it won't load just as a check) then send me the save game I'll take a look. The fact I have different assets shouldn't matter - the new format remaps enums, and prunes non-existant entities on load, so this should suffice as a start point for debugging...

alright,
ill send you my dll + my source codes.

although - i have some new xml tags - wont that interfere with the game load? dont you need the schema's as well?

ill upload soon.

thanks.

edit: here's my files - http://uploading.com/files/e6a186dc/sdk+v15.exe/
thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom