A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I have problem with the turn times. I play with 12 civ on huge map without revolution. But in the later game is going to be just slower and slower. It's terrible.
My config is: i5 750 @ 4 ghz + 4 gb ram+ 4890 + win 7 pro.

If I would buy plus 4 gb ram , could it help? What do you think?

Hi.
I have problem with the turn times. I play with 12 civ on huge map without revolution. But in the later game is going to be just slower and slower. It's terrible.
My config is: i5 750 @ 4 ghz + 4 gb ram+ 4890 + win 7 pro.

If I would buy plus 4 gb ram , could it help? What do you think?

Going above 4G won't help unless your mutli-tasking a bunch of other programs at the same time which I doubt. Define 'terrible' please - are we talking 10s of seconds to end turn or several minutes? Also can you confirm this is on 1.76 beta 5?

Going above 4G won't help unless your mutli-tasking a bunch of other programs at the same time which I doubt. Define 'terrible' please - are we talking 10s of seconds to end turn or several minutes? Also can you confirm this is on 1.76 beta 5?

It's a 1.75 C version.
And I'm talking about 2-3 minutes. At the beginning it's just a couple of seconds, but after the 17 century it's going to be longer and longer. Pretty annoying

It's a 1.75 C version.
And I'm talking about 2-3 minutes. At the beginning it's just a couple of seconds, but after the 17 century it's going to be longer and longer. Pretty annoying

What 1.75 did in a few minutes 1.76 does in a few tens of seconds. There has been a ton of optimization done in 1.76

Click on "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" to go to this forum, and see the thread for beta. Voila! ;)

Click on "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" to go to this forum, and see the thread for beta. Voila! ;)

It's NOT save game compatible with 1.75 though, so it doesn't help you for your existing game I'm afraid. Having said that, changes in 1.76 make sure that this non-compatibility won't occur again (with future updates)

Getting a strange bug when trying to join a saved game: when I join, no civs appear in the "choose a civ" screen, which means I can't even get into the lobby or anything. This is with 1.75c. An earlier save from the same game works fine though...
Attached are the two saves.

Attachments

• civ4-romand_broken-saves.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
Preface this with; "sorry if fixed in SVN issues, I don't have access, and can't be bothered to figure it out"

1) City revolts, or given to me by rebels in city, but the city will retain the original AI's cultural control of the BFC 1st ring, until I send in a unit to occupy the city. A lot like Forts keeping the cultural BFC inner ring of the last occupant, even when left vacant.

Solution- If fort of city isn't occupied, it loses all its cultural boundaries. For cities rebelling, they go to new Civ's culture, for forts, they revolt to dominate culture or Neutral land.

2) Bombard and Ranged Bombard both use the same hot key,

Solution Alt-B or Shift B

3) With Max units per tiles option selected, if tiles has < Max units per tile and 2nd group tries to pass through, it will 'capture' the units it needs to bring up to max numbers, and not let them pass, unless you manually move them on.

Solution- Allow a pass option

4) Multiple units selected to attack, once one's attacked, the remaining units immediately go to sleep, unless re-activated, and you deselect the non attacking option units, used unit isn't automatically deleted from active group.

solution- Auto de-selection from group once attacks are used up, but retain for movement if any remain.

5) No mouse over details for Adam Smiths Trading Company.

Solution- add in the mouse over details. :rolleyes:

6)TXT_KEY_EVENT_CAKE_FLOUR Comes up for the Cake event?

Solution- add in the proper link

7) Dockworkers strike event, only notified in log of the event, no pop up, no actions selection given.

Solution- Complete the link for actions and enable the pop up.

8) Auto Corporation founding: This actually works fine, they found themselves, they spread themselves.....BUT...

They CONSTANTLY remove competing corporations from cities, I get at least every turn one or two corporations (well Guilds at moment) buying out the opposition and installing themselves.

Solution- IF its deemed to be an actual bug, and not a feature with a quirk. A 'Retain Guild/Corporation option' to be made available. Then if you want to retain this guild and/or Corporation due to the benefits generated, you can select retain, otherwise the default option is its replaceable, or may be bought out.

More to come as found :lol::eek:

As I've been playing AND the past few days I've been making notes of random bugs I've come across to report here (as well as some other things). Then on a whim I checked the game info, and I realized I've been playing 1.75 this entire time. "Oops."

So some of these might already be fixed, but I figure I should mention them just in case they haven't been caught yet. Hope they help. =]

Bugs:
- Free Trade Agreements give no change to trade routes (as far as I'm aware anyway). They do affect espionage.

- No gold bonus is obtained from the State Religion Civic. I had several of the holy buildings and none were affected by this Civic.

- Watermills aren't shown on a Marsh tile.

- A Work Boat counts as a military unit, so its building is slowed by Pacifism.

- I've had several events occur without a pop-up. The only way I see these is in the Event Log. I haven't noticed any effects from the events, so I dunno what's going on here.

- Once when I was traded units (1 Galley and 3 Trebuchets), the trebuchets were invisible. They were present on the military advisor, and counted toward my total units, but they weren't actually on the map. I had to trade them away. All other times trading units has gone fine, so it's a bit strange.

Other Comments:
- Windmills seem ... weak. Why a food penalty with electricity? Likewise, the Cottage line also seems to have little use.

- Financial has been made a lot worse. Even if it was untouched, it'd be weaker due to the cottage nerfs. As it is, I think it's one of the worst traits in the game. You're likely only to get the bonus if there's a resource on the tile, and that's hardly enough to make the trait worthwhile.

- The Holy Building of Nahuatl got a bit... ridiculous. It completely engulfed every city around it to the point where 5 enemy cities were crippled and knocked down to 1-3 citizens due to the obscene amount of culture per turn (I was playing without Fixed Borders). Also, culture flipping takes quite some time to occur. A bit disappointing since I love playing a culture game. From what I understand there have been changes to borders in 1.76 so this is probably ignorable.

- Religion spreading was weird in the game I played. I dunno if this is a bug, but Hellenism spread remarkably quickly -- faster than could be possible from Missionaries. There were several religions competing about equally when it was founded, but in a matter of 15-20 turns the entire game had converted except for me and Mansa Musa.

- Lead's health penalty is amusing. I just gave it to AI civs as a gift to get rid of the health penalty. I don't know if that's what you're intended to do with lead, but the benefits from it (a few faster buildings/units) is hardly worth a empire wide hit to healthiness.

Still, the mod is very enjoyable! I'm looking forward to seeing what's in 1.76 after I finish this game. I noticed people talking about optimization -- has the mod load time also been changed? For me the turn-to-turn delay isn't too bad if I'm playing on a standard map, but the time it takes to launch the mod to begin with is quite long (3+ minutes). It's not a huge problem (it's a one time wait), but I'm curious.

As I've been playing AND the past few days I've been making notes of random bugs I've come across to report here (as well as some other things). Then on a whim I checked the game info, and I realized I've been playing 1.75 this entire time. "Oops."

So some of these might already be fixed, but I figure I should mention them just in case they haven't been caught yet. Hope they help. =]

Bugs:
- Free Trade Agreements give no change to trade routes (as far as I'm aware anyway). They do affect espionage.

- No gold bonus is obtained from the State Religion Civic. I had several of the holy buildings and none were affected by this Civic.

- Watermills aren't shown on a Marsh tile.

- A Work Boat counts as a military unit, so its building is slowed by Pacifism.

- I've had several events occur without a pop-up. The only way I see these is in the Event Log. I haven't noticed any effects from the events, so I dunno what's going on here.

- Once when I was traded units (1 Galley and 3 Trebuchets), the trebuchets were invisible. They were present on the military advisor, and counted toward my total units, but they weren't actually on the map. I had to trade them away. All other times trading units has gone fine, so it's a bit strange.

Other Comments:
- Windmills seem ... weak. Why a food penalty with electricity? Likewise, the Cottage line also seems to have little use.

- Financial has been made a lot worse. Even if it was untouched, it'd be weaker due to the cottage nerfs. As it is, I think it's one of the worst traits in the game. You're likely only to get the bonus if there's a resource on the tile, and that's hardly enough to make the trait worthwhile.

- The Holy Building of Nahuatl got a bit... ridiculous. It completely engulfed every city around it to the point where 5 enemy cities were crippled and knocked down to 1-3 citizens due to the obscene amount of culture per turn (I was playing without Fixed Borders). Also, culture flipping takes quite some time to occur. A bit disappointing since I love playing a culture game. From what I understand there have been changes to borders in 1.76 so this is probably ignorable.

- Religion spreading was weird in the game I played. I dunno if this is a bug, but Hellenism spread remarkably quickly -- faster than could be possible from Missionaries. There were several religions competing about equally when it was founded, but in a matter of 15-20 turns the entire game had converted except for me and Mansa Musa.

- Lead's health penalty is amusing. I just gave it to AI civs as a gift to get rid of the health penalty. I don't know if that's what you're intended to do with lead, but the benefits from it (a few faster buildings/units) is hardly worth a empire wide hit to healthiness.

Still, the mod is very enjoyable! I'm looking forward to seeing what's in 1.76 after I finish this game. I noticed people talking about optimization -- has the mod load time also been changed? For me the turn-to-turn delay isn't too bad if I'm playing on a standard map, but the time it takes to launch the mod to begin with is quite long (3+ minutes). It's not a huge problem (it's a one time wait), but I'm curious.

No, the load time is pretty intractable really. Its almost entirely a function of your disk setup. There's just a ton of data to read.

No, the load time is pretty intractable really. Its almost entirely a function of your disk setup. There's just a ton of data to read.

Yip I have an PCI express SSD and it loads AND just like normal BTS in about 20-25 sec on my HDD laptop IS NICE!!! :D

And how many civs could I use with this version? And what about the map size. What do you think?

It's gonna be great, if I could use 12-14 civs with vassalage or with revolution mod.

And how many civs could I use with this version? And what about the map size. What do you think?

It's gonna be great, if I could use 12-14 civs with vassalage or with revolution mod.

I play C2C on second largest map size (which is same as ANDs laregest I think) with 14 civs and Rev on withou issues. C2C is hungrier than AND too, so that's conservative

Hello, (Sorry for my english, i'm french)

Is it normal that the maintenance cost of my cities is about 0 ? (In fact, there is a cost, but with the modificateur -100%)

I'm in 2000 BC, in "Eternity" and the level "Divinity" (This mod is very easier than the original BTS) with the patch 1.76 Beta 5.

Thank you for your answers :)

Is it normal that the maintenance cost of my cities is about 0 ? (In fact, there is a cost, but with the modificateur -100%)
Well, I noticed it too (on beta).
When I accepted Monarchy, I got maintenance of all cities 0.25 (-100%). But on first civic I had not zero maintenance (while civic screen said I should have zero maintenance). So I suppose maybe it's just a mistake in civic screen.

Hello, (Sorry for my english, i'm french)

I'm in 2000 BC, in "Eternity" and the level "Divinity" (This mod is very easier than the original BTS) with the patch 1.76 Beta 5.

Thank you for your answers :)

Do you have Despotism as a active Civic? Cities have no maintenance in Despotism :)

Yes I have Despotism as a active Civic, but, as antoca said, there is a mistake in the civic screen :)
I just changed to monarchy, and the modificateur is now -85%, thank you for your help :)

Oh? I thought monarchy was -100% too? Are you sure it isn't because you build some maintenance increasing building?

I've gotten a new Internet connection, and tried to re-download from SVN. Cleopatra is still missing (though I don't get the python error anymore), and I still get some missing text descriptions for leaders and BUG, but I'll try to play this version for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom