A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Did you have the Mastery Victory Condition checked?

If so, you need to read the Civilopedia entry and the FAQ thread. It combines all Victory conditions and sets conditions for achieving ALL of them before you can win.

JosEPh :)

Note:To all others,
    Right now the only support for this mod is from os79 and occasionally koshling when he has time. Afforess stated he would have a finished product by the End of September. And that he would not be caught up in an endless cycle of patches. So basically you are in the winding down phase of this Mod. And support is in os79's hands at the moment. Unfortunately all good things come to an end. And this is most likely AND's twilight. I will miss it and Afforress.

2. OTROS

OTROS Chieftain

Many thanks Joseph II for your help. Shame it is being wound down to a certain extent, still i think i will continue with it for a bit, as i dont find Civ 5 that interesting.

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Check out Caveman2Cosmos also. It's and AND mod-mod and under very actiav development with a lot of activity currently.

4. os79

os79 Deity

Can I turn off Prehistory part and be promised a game start the same as a usual game from other mod? If yes, I might in the future be interested in checking and modding in my personal preferences, then playing since it will have your latest AI changes. I just dislike Prehistory part for personal reasons.

5. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

You can start in ancient if you wish via custom game. Personally prehistoric is my favorite era, but obviously that's just personal taste.

6. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

Can one disable the post-Modern eras?

I always did so in AND, as well as moving Magnetic Levitation (and Superstring Theory) into the Future Era, so that I didn't have to deal with the Transhuman era silliness nor with the Final Frontier roads everywhere.

7. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

No, not currently.

8. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

Slarki, I have the same problem when installing from SVN.

9. The_People

The_People Of The People

for some reason the unit grafix arent different based on the flavor of civs. help

10. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

with the peaks being usable, are they treated like Hills in bonuses? Do archers get the defensive bonus on peaks that they get on hills? Should they get even more? Does Guerrilla 2 give double movement on peaks as well as hills?

I would like to still build obsolete units instead of the first upgrade. This way I can get the promotion, abilities, and XP that might not be available to the upgrade. Archers get XP but Guns do not. Triremes get the promotion Blitz (with the special event) but can't build any more after caravel. Caravel cannot pillage or blockade but Trireme can and I need the Triremes so I can still pillage and blockade the enemy, using a Caravel as protection. I am not able to build walls or castles anymore, but am still facing Civs with melee and archery units that Walls and Castles could give defense against.

I am modding on my own to make AND more to my liking so would like to be able to add these things in just for myself, not have to wait for another patch.

What do I need to change in which file to make Limited Religion limit of 2, not one? Just for personal preferance.

11. flitz

flitz Warlord

Small bug: when you form an alliance with somebody, landmarks on the main map start flickering in both alliance members' colours :crazyeye:

12. dudeSDCA

dudeSDCA Prince

BUG REPORT:
    Using v556.

I upgraded to Coinage (which consumes all gold). Then I changed to guilds later on. Even though I have gold still on the map, all my cities register as not having gold.

Even if I settle a new city near a new source of gold, I still don't get credit for it.

I don't think having selected Coinage civic at one point would rule out ever having access to gold in the future. So I assume this is a bug and not as intended.

13. ertfyd

ertfyd Chieftain

Okay, I don't know if this bug has been reported before, but I'm not about to look through 260 pages.

This always happens after I close the civic screen. The letters turn into these white rectangles, making it impossible to see what's going on without going into the City Screen.

14. schaeen

schaeen Chieftain

Did you ever get a response on this? I also have these issues and, to me, they make the game too buggy to play. I don't know how strong my units are, trading with the AI is ridiculous, and the corruption calculations are completely off.

15. PreLynMax

PreLynMax Your Lord and Master

I have a problem with Bug cannot write INIs within the UserData folder. I check the UserData folder and it was empty. Empty.

Edit: Fixed. Started the game as an administrator. Forgot about that, for I haven't played Civ 4 in months. ^_^

16. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I've found another bug, don't know if its actually a bug, or a game feature or exploit.

When in the basic civic mode, 1st civic where you CAN'T settler more than 3 cities (haven't tried to test that limit as yet), you can conquer more than the 3 city limit, and not lose others, be penalized, etc.

So basically, you settle 3 cities, then run rampant conquering more cities. These new cites are fully productive, all buildings are available, and provide trade routes.

Don't know if this was intention, an over sight, or its an exploit to a point (you'll go broke trying to win conquest this way) I haven't gotten Beta 6, so if been fixed, sorry. Waiting 2 day's for download allowance to re-set.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Not a bug nor an exploit. As designed, you can only "found" 3 cities with chiefdom but you can conquer more. AI can do the same as you.

1st time I played after City Limits was enforced I had the same ?s. I had a 4th settler ready to go but he just wouldn't build me a city till I advanced out of Chiefdom to Despotism.

In C2C we've Had a Huge argument over Enforced City Limits. It's an Option now (as it should be here too imho). Same for Fixed Borders (for me personally this is one of the Worst restrictions to Culture ever devised) :p

JosEPh :)

18. Aline

Aline Cat

About Revolutions:

I would like to request, that bribing a revolting city should allways be an option, with the citys not accepting the bribe i often find them stuck in an eternal revolution, i cannot build anything unless i hurry with gold in the few turns of non revolt that show up from time to time and thus i have little to no chance of ever getting rid of the revolutions in that city.
    Also it would be nice if the unhappynes details could be displayed even when the city is revolting, as it is now it just says viva la revolution and shows some minor details about happynes.
    I often dont know what makes my people unhappy in a city that is constantly ploting a revolution due to the near permanent revolt status.

19. Maltazard

Maltazard Chieftain

But you can hover the revolution status bar to see what are the bad things that are letting them revolt, as well as what is pleasing them, and the future trend. It usually gives enough clues, the common problems often are some civics, unhealthyness and unhappyness. If the cause is just "unhappyness", then you'll just have to fix it in that city.

Or in the modern era you can heavily garrison a city with police squads promoted to patrol II and III to stop revolts.

20. Aline

Aline Cat

I am talking about happyness/unhappynes not the revolt status.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.