1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Thanks, I'll test it out. ;)

2. Afforess

@Zabujca,

Are you using any other modmod for RoM? (RoME, Dancing Hoskuld's Modmod, etc...)? I can't load your saves...

If you only installed AND, It could be my fault. I'll test again...

3. Baskedyt

Baskedyt Concerned citizen

I don't understand then, how I can have that very option in my brand new game running ROM 2.81 full and AND 1.64? I have discovered a relegion and was promted to choose a relegion from the list as usual...

4. Zabujca

Zabujca Chieftain

Nope. Just RoM 2.8 full patched to 2.81 with AND 1.64 installed on top (custom install, default additions + formations, water buildings, resource refinement). If it makes any difference my civ4 version is civ4 complete + 3.19 BTS patch. If I did make any other change, I don't remember it - I'll try redownloading RoM to see if it'll jog my memory if that were to be the case.

5. Cykur

Cykur Warlord

I have run into the bug again where I have a stone quarry, but my empire has no stone. Anyone else seen this? I ran into this a while back in beta and asked if anyone else had seen it, but went ahead and started up a new game under the newest beta build figuring it was a glitch.

And no, I'm not trading stone to anyone.

6. Zabujca

Zabujca Chieftain

I've redownloaded all the components (RoM 2.8 full, RoM full/lite 2.8 -> 2.81 patch, AND 1.64) - the saves work, and they still crash after a turn or two.

Actually, now that I think about it I did. Specifically, I got two different but related kinds of that bug - in one game I lost my supply of stone, captured some more on another continent and I still supposedly didn't have it for some time (the moment I finally got it may have been related to me building a tunnel between the continents). In another game I had at least 2 sources of iron (I don't really remember there actually were), but only 1 iron resource for some reason - and only one of those sources was on my original landmass. When that one was depleted I couldn't build steel mills anymore, so I know it was the one that worked, while the others didn't. I even have a saved game with that visible - G3 from two of my posts back. If I were to guess it's related to the depletion/resource refinement mechanism, as I don't remember having a problem connecting unrefinable resources to my capital through water tiles.

7. aender

aender Warlord

RevDCM made the decision to remove the Choose Religion feature, it's nothing AND did. :([/QUOTE]

any possibility of putting it in......the option is there in RoM 2.81 w/o AND.....better yet fix it so the ai pick their own religions when playing with the choose option

8. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

I was wondering why my games only had 1 religion. It seems to be some bug whereby researching a tech does not yield the religion discovery. So even though all the religion techs have been researched, there is only 1 religion open for conversion (the one that the human player selected). This really needs fixed, because the AI just converts to the player's religion, and everyone ends up on the same 'team' more or less - hardly get any wars.

9. aender

aender Warlord

altho with the choose religions option the ai wont pick their own......but that is in rom w/o and
    but as far as the revdcm choose option what files would i need to take from a clean rom install and overwrite those in a rom/and install....and any changes need be done to such files to keep from having errors with and?

10. aender

aender Warlord

its not the general choose religion we're talking about but the revdcm one where you choose ai religions also

11. WildFire

WildFire amour

Small bug, will post a screenshot and log (if you want the log) when we load the game up today or tomorrow.

In a MP game my brother moved his capital after we had established embassies. His old capital is still visible to me and when I move my agent next to his capital (any of the land and city) nothing shows up: the agent, what his city looks like, city name etc.

Will actually def take a screenshot to show you what I mean lol

12. JaminUp

JaminUp Chieftain

I'm getting the installation error of "Can't find woc_installer.jar." I've checked, and I'm installing to the right directory and everything. The file is there, but the installer just is not working for me. The mod is installed, but half of the icons are the pink square of death as I call it. I have the correct patches, fresh install of RoM.

13. Afforess

'Pink Squares of Death' Are a sure sign that your installation went bad somewhere. I have a step-by-step in the FAQ, check it out. ;)

14. WildFire

WildFire amour

here's that screenshot of the oddity

15. Zabujca

Zabujca Chieftain

So, Afforess, have you managed to open those saved games? Because I could try uploading my whole RoM folder somewhere to see if that would work. If not then the odds of you getting them to work at all become rather slim.

16. zulu9812

I can confirm that the Choose Religions option in Custom Game setup leads to the bug mentioned earlier. I tried playing a game with that option unchecked and the AI can found religions no problem. But when Choose Religions is enabled, the AI is unable to select a religion, resulting in the player's religion being the only religion.

17. zulu9812

This is a bug that's been around for a number of builds. I'm not sure what causes it, but I think it could be linked to which tiles a city chooses to work. What happens is that the fog of war appears within my own borders. I can see terrain and improvements, but the tile is in shadow and when I move a unit onto that tile it disappears from view (but is still selectable by clicking on the tile). Hopefully, this screenshot will illustrate what I mean:

As you can see, the crossbowman is selected, but obscured by the fog of war. You can also see that the fog of war is in the adjacent coastal tile, as well as 3 tiles on the right hand side of the screenshot.

Obviously, I'm using ROME in this game. However, there is nothing in ROME that could cause this bug (no python, no SDK) so please don't ignore this bug report.

18. Afforess

Don't worry, I already fixed it, I just am waiting for RoM 2.9 to Release. ;)

19. zulu9812

I have another bug report, this time to do with Inquisitors. I've never used the Intolerant civic before, so this is the first time that I've seen this bug:

Civ4 automatically removes the mouse cursor when you hit Prt Scrn, but when I took that screenshot I was mousing over the Purge Religions button. As you can see, the tooltip is inaccurate.

20. Afforess

Yeah. I noticed that one too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.