1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart Prince

The XP limit for Animals and Barbarians can be set in the GlobalDefines.XML you find this in Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML. If you edit this file with the notepad (or a other editor) you can set ANIMAL_MAX_XP_VALUE , BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE and MAX_EXPERIENCE_AFTER_UPGRADE to your liking.

2. WildFire

WildFire amour

Sounds good Afforess, we really want to play MP but really only if ruthless AI is on lol

3. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

Evening Afforess!

I'm afraid I get a CTD immediately on setting up a new game.

Is this a known or common problem for my build?

I've just rebuilt my machine, so nothing hanging around from old versions.

Clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium
    Clean install of Civ4, then Warlords, then BTS, then patched to 3.19
    ROM installed from fresh download yesterday 2.8, then patch to 2.81
    AND installed from your installer download

Loads okay, I get through the massive option screens and then loading into the game boom-slap-desktop.

ROM 2.81 runs fine for as many turns as I've gotten to test it...

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Are you running the game as ADMINISTRATOR?

5. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

Thank you! Sorted now.

6. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Hi Sarkyn, Nice to see you around again. ;)

7. konradcabral

konradcabral Prince

Yes, you disappeared! Had you been reading the forum only? Anyway, welcome back! :p

8. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

Some feedback on gameplay:

As we all know, in BtS, we can set our ships to patrol mode so that they will automatically attack any naval vessel that tries to pillage an adjacent tile. However, in A New Dawn, enemy ships can occupy said tiles containing worked resources - without triggering the attack from your patrolling ship. Perhaps it would be prudent for the patrolling ships to also be able to auto-attack when this scenario occurs?

9. Redman77

Redman77 Chieftain

Games starts great but no UI. I have no controls how can i fix this? thanks

10. Flay

Flay Prince

hum I musy have miss somethimg !
    How do u patrol ?

11. Afforess

Please read the FAQ. If you continue to have problems, then contact me again with more specific details. Thanks.

12. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

Sea patrol button - you must have seen it.

13. aender

aender Warlord

omg you have got to take this pos apart and put all the different items up to be d/l and installed seperate because this WILL not let you pick and choose what you want/ dont want at all....i tried for 3 days now to only use guilds and corps with meteorology and the 2 civics and under no circumstance will your pos let this happen it will install everything regardless and going threw to take out what you dont is not possible w/o knowing exactly which files have been updated...

14. Supercheese

Supercheese Zeppelin Commander

Ah.... what? This post is nigh unintelligible... it sounds like you're complaining about something...?

15. Afforess

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. Putting my individual components up separately would be impossible due to the complexity of this mod.

I tested your situation, with just Guilds, Corporations and Meteorology, and everything installed fine. There were no extra components, nor any missing files.

Could you be more specific about your problem? Thanks.

16. Slammer64

Slammer64 Warlord

Afforess, I have a question? Is it possible to disable resource depletion? I just had 8 iron mines disappear all in the same turn. Never mind, I just nuked the install and re-installed custom without depletion. :rolleyes:

17. Zabujca

Zabujca Chieftain

Hello, long time fan, first time poster. First of all, let me tell you that after all the time I spent playing RoM+AND it's become my default civ4 playing mode, it's just so good. Anyway, on to the direct reason for my post.

Since I've made the change to AND 1.64 I can't finish any game without it being abruptly ended by a sort of unavoidable CTD. I tend to play games that last well into transhuman era, which means researching Mass Media along the way. I've done some testing in my last 3 games, and this particular tech seems to be their killer.

Game 1: Became unstable after researching some modern era tech, I didn't really pay attention which tech it was at the time, but later experiences suggest Mass Media. The game crashed some time after the tech was researched and the latest autosave crashed one turn after loading. I figured it was just some random bug and started over.

Game 2: With 1 turn left to research Mass Media it became a very clear case of "press enter / receive crash". The game gave me the description of the newly researched tech, asked me for the next one, asked me to set production in all cities that have just finished building things, and then it froze for a second and crashed. When I'd changed the tech to be researched to anything different I could keep playing without problems. When ~20 turns later I tried to go back to researching Mass Media, BAM! The exact same CTD routine. When I tried to add Mass Media by means of the worldbuilder the game crashed on the beginning of the next turn. I could probably still win that game by leveraging my already ridiculously superior military tech (no tech diffusion in this game), which is why I've called those CTD's "sort of" unavoidable, but it really isn't my playstyle. Still hopeful that the issue could be randomly avoided I started over.

Game 3: This time after researching Mass Media the game didn't crash on the next turn. No, it crashed the turn after that. In related news, on the turn the game crashed it apparently also made an autosave - the game crashes after loading it, while the one before that (also before finishing the research on Mass Media) works just fine.

Also, an unrelated issue - are the buildings incorporating various guilds supposed to keep blocking their competing corporations from moving into their cities even long after the guild's been made obsolete? It's kind of counterintuitive and it seems like a bug.

I'm playing on win7 64 bit. HALP!

18. aender

aender Warlord

yeah i can be a little more specicific but not much.......i was trying to install like 5 of the components and idk maybe 6 times it also installed that depleting resources mod......its not that i dont want that eventually but new puter and trying to play a game till times up on snail and gigantic to test if i have maf issues......i have no idea what i did but it seems to not have installed it this time

i do have a real issue tho......in the revdcm options for religion there's 2 choices limited and the choose where you choose for ai.......it seems for some reason that choose option is no longer there after gettin this to install which is a prob cause the ai no longer seem capable of choosing religions on there on, needed because i play with limited religions and pick different for myself each time altho i use same research path

19. Afforess

A save right before the crash, along with your A New Dawn.log (Found in the Rise of Mankind folder) would be immensely helpful in tracking down the issue.

Uh, no. I'll make sure I fix that.

RevDCM made the decision to remove the Choose Religion feature, it's nothing AND did. :(

20. Zabujca

Zabujca Chieftain

I've got two, one for game 2 and one for game 3. Like I said, in game 2 the crash happens right after you finish researching Mass Media, so just press enter and it should crash, while in game 3 it happens a turn later. Anyway, here they are.

EDIT: Hey! I also found my last save from game 1 - I can confirm that I did research Mass Media in that game a short time before the CTDs too.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.