1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

I iz teh dink dath de probem iz teh lak ov teh r in sted ov de iz??
    (I think that the problem is the lack of the are instead of the "is"?)

2. dragonmetal

dragonmetal Chieftain

Well it looks like I spoke too soon. I loaded up the saved game I had working yesterday, and the bug came back.

So I cleared the cache in a vain attempt at troubleshooting, and the bug was still there. So next I decided to see if maybe this bug shows up in certain era's, like say industrial. No graphics bug until I got to starting in Industrial Era. I could have sworn I got this bug in earlier era's with AND but I guess I was wrong.

Now I've been monitoring temperatures during all this testing. The Vid Card sticks to about 40'C (the highest it goes playing RoM with AND is 42'C). The CPU averages about 50'C sometimes reaching 57'C. The reason I did this is to have a reference, so I could check temps running vanilla RoM, which I hadn't had the bug in. Well tonight's testing has made me into a liar. Started custom game, Modern Era in Vanilla RoM, and after a few minutes, guess what?

That damn graphics bug shows up. So obviously AND is definitely off the hook. I plan on testing Vanilla BTS, but this is looking like my particular hardware/OS setup simply doesn't like Civ 4 or Civ 4 is just exposing a hardware failure my other games and software don't.

3. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

What does the MLF Frontend program do?

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

This.

An interesting idea that never gained popularity.

5. civ_king

huh, I wonder who this Devon McAvoy is :D

6. Afforess

Wait, you actually read the description/readme files? Inconceivable!

7. Common Sensei

Common Sensei Warlord

I think I may have found a clue on this. It may have been tied to a civ that was created to be rebels without a city of their own. Going back to an earlier save without that rebellion occurring did not have the lockup appear again.

8. civ_king

Afforess, do you know this neglected genius named Devon McAvoy?

9. Afforess

That depends strictly on your definition of 'know'. ;)

10. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I like most of the changes you did to the Science Mod however I am curious why some buildings were not tweaked like the Archaeology Lab. For instance some have + science while others have % science. Why do they have a mixture of both and not all just the same?

Ones that have % Science ...

Biology Lab
    5% Science

Chemistry Lab
    3% Science with Chemicals

Archaeology Lab (Looks like no tweaking from Original)
    5% Science
    5% Science with Ancient Relics
    5% Science with Modern Seismology

Geology Lab
    2% Science (For Each Mineral Resource)

Paleontology Lab
    5% Science
    3% Science for Coal
    2% Science for Stone

Shouldn't the main 5% Science be a + instead?A dn possibly the same thing for ones connected with techs?

Also you may want to adjust the costs of the buildings now that you tweaked them. I when I did the coast I did 5% science = 50 cost with a starting cost of 100. Now that you tweaked them all around you may want to make some earlier ones cheaper and later ones more expensive.

11. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

The FOG of War is still messed up with the CURRENT d/l:(

I have before, during, capture, and after shots to show whats happening look at the dates and other info in red.:(

12. tibi

tibi Chieftain

Afforess, do I have any hope that my game will be fixed and I can continue my game?:(

13. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

I don't know if this is intentional, but running version 1.71 here and playing as Babylon. Vercingetorix and Meiji are asking me for an Embassy every single turn.

14. AndarielHalo

AndarielHalo Prince

I love the complex new arrangements for civilizations in revolutions, granting independence, etcetera,

BUT!

You should clarify what is meant by the option to "Accept and take control of civ"

It sounds obvious now, but at the time I thought it would just mean that I retain control of a colony, but they get like... their own individual culture (since some of the cities I had founded myself)

Two minutes later of loading, I lost my entire Empire and then -I- was the colony!

So now I have to re-load to the last autosave.

15. Slammer64

Slammer64 Warlord

Afforess, I get an instant CTD as soon as I click the tech bar on the main screen, it happens every time. Fresh install of RoM 2.9 and AND 1.71 Log as follows: {Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health {Better Air Interception}

Custom

And error report from Win 7 Pro x64 as follows: Faulting application name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe, version: 3.1.9.0, time stamp: 0x4a0c27e6
    Faulting module name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bb69890
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00136780
    Faulting process id: 0x5fc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cad3695aebd9c5
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll
    Report Id: 6f753f50-3f5d-11df-bb51-f4c9b36b2962

16. Xperian

Xperian Chieftain

I have this exact same problem as well.

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health {Better Air Interception} Research

Custom​

17. Sinapus

Sinapus Defenestrated

I saw something similar with 1.70beta3. I reported it, but since I mod my game didn't think they'd find anything. One mod I added afterwards was removing the LineOfSight xml tags from all the tower buildings and I haven't seen it since so I'm guessing it's related to that.

18. strategyonly

Yeah thats where it began, but i am still getting it with a fresh install of 2.9 and latest AND.:crazyeye:

19. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Are you using the Towers modmod? I am going to try a game without it.

20. strategyonly

I use everything EXCEPT Formations/Depletion's/Sea Monsters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.