A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a feeling that was going to be misunderstood. Allow me to reiterate. Assume its the beginning of a new turn, the macemen are fortified the spy is asleep and the swordsman is ready to move. When I click on the tile it selects one of the units with a white dot instead of the only unit with a green dot.
I had forgotten that it selects the most powerful unit so I guess its not concerned about who is done for turn and who isn't, although it does seem to recognize when a unit has moved and has a red dot.
It would probably be very difficult to alter anyway as I assume unit selection is hard coded in the game

I just looked at the code for selecting cities and units; guess what, it finds the selected unit by calling the EXE... so nothing I can do about it. :sad:

My game has frozen 46.93% of the way in, at 1754 AD. It's a Marathon game, on a Huge map.

Should I include save game and such stuff?

One suggestion. I found new wonders (such as The Ark of the Covenant, the Library of Alexandria) have no obsolescence.

For balancing, they may need to be obsolete as many other ancient wonders.

I thought that the Great Library and the Library of Alexandria are the same?

IDK, do you want me to take a look? :rolleyes:

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Warriors of God} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health

Custom

Attachments

• Andariel Halo AD-1754.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
I thought that the Great Library and the Library of Alexandria are the same?

Correct you are. :)

What file/value would I need to alter to change the pre-Supersonic Flight Airbase Ranges? I like the idea in principle, but as it is you can move faster just by using the railroads, something available earlier so it doesn't make much sense from a gameplay point of view.

I just looked at the code for selecting cities and units; guess what, it finds the selected unit by calling the EXE... so nothing I can do about it. :sad:

Thats very interesting that they would put that code in the EXE, but i guess they never expected that to be modded
Oh well, thanks for looking into it anyways

They have totally different numbers of letters in their names, so they can't be the same:mischief:. There were many great libraries in the ancient world.

Read the Civilopedia on the Great Library

What file/value would I need to alter to change the pre-Supersonic Flight Airbase Ranges? I like the idea in principle, but as it is you can move faster just by using the railroads, something available earlier so it doesn't make much sense from a gameplay point of view.

Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Afforess/Rebase

That is where all the files that control that are located. ;)

One suggestion. I found new wonders (such as The Ark of the Covenant, the Library of Alexandria) have no obsolescence.

For balancing, they may need to be obsolete as many other ancient wonders.
Good point. I'm probably going to remove the Library of Alexandria, since it is a dupe of the Great Library. The Ark of the Covenant... I'm not sure it ever went obsolete, just that it got misplaced...

Good point. I'm probably going to remove the Library of Alexandria, since it is a dupe of the Great Library. The Ark of the Covenant... I'm not sure it ever went obsolete, just that it got misplaced...

They may be the same thing but the Great Library does NOT give a free library to each city whereas the Lib of Alexander does. Infact they give almost totally different stuff. I personally like the Lib of Alex because of the 50%:science:

That just like Hydro's Town Well and my Water Well, almost the same but totally different items given to each.

Infact i am thinking of adding the Water Well to my first of AND?

They may be the same thing but the Great Library does NOT give a free library to each city whereas the Lib of Alexander does. Infact they give almost totally different stuff. I personally like the Lib of Alex because of the 50%:science:

That just like Hydro's water tower and my Water Well, almost the same but totally different items given to each.

Infact i am thinking of adding the Water Well to my first of AND?

we could change it?

Really minor but weird and annoying bug:
About two or so turns after a new game, the pop up message ask whether I wanted to check out my civics. At first, I thought it was Military Civics' bug only but when I made a new game without it, the pop up message is still there.
Like I said, real minor bug ;).

About two or so turns after a new game, the pop up message ask whether I wanted to check out my civics. At first, I thought it was Military Civics' bug only but when I made a new game without it, the pop up message is still there.

Isn't that a feature of the original game? :confused:

I finally fixed my graphics bug which I erroneously believed was caused by AND. Apparently Civ 4 was giving my vid card a seizure as it will throttle memory and core clock speeds/voltages depending on graphics demands. Created an ATI profile to launch the game which locks everything down, and I can now finally play again.

However I've encountered a new problem. My latest game is freezing up during end of turn at a particular year (1848 A.D.). Since I was about to discover Meteorology, I thought that was the culprit, so I went into world builder and gave the tech to everybody. Saved the world, exited world builder, then ended the turn. No luck. Game freezes up still. Hoping somebody can take a look at my saved game and see if they get the freeze up as well.

Attachments

• GEL AD-1848-January crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    455.4 KB · Views: 40
  • A New Dawn log.txt
    475 bytes · Views: 47

Yeah thats there for people like me who start an advanced game and forget to change their civics. I would hate to see it go away because I would end up in the trans-human era still running junta

Isn't that a feature of the original game? :confused:

Nope. I don't even use Advanced Start so this is a bug.

New bug for you, Afforess, OR a feature :).
Zappara has cart path to be only one move, nothing extra but with roads, it will add move points. Well in my game, my unit move on cart path and it feel like I'm using Road but I'm not. I'm as of this minute researching Monarchy.

Of course if it is Better RoM feature, then I won't complain :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom