A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this exact same problem as well.

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health {Better Air Interception} Research

Custom​

Same for me. CTD on clicking on the research bar.

Happened with custom and recommended installs (even tried the install based on what you are using), PerfectWorld2 map, both normal and custom starts. RoM 2.9 (not 2.91).

I had the exact same problem with the compile of rev 96, but I didn't say anything because I was trying to figure out what exactly causes it, since it happens with regularity but not every single time.

Hi!

Windows can't open file : woc_installer.jar window appears at the end of installation.
I know this is a java file. What is ther purpose of it. Can I play without running this?

Hi!

Windows can't open file : woc_installer.jar window appears at the end of installation.
I know this is a java file. What is ther purpose of it. Can I play without running this?

That jar file is used to make sure the audio files in Modules are combined into main RoM. For more details on its function, you'll have to wait.

1. Anyway, just download Java, nothing more.
  2. Then double click on that jar file because it failed to do so when you installed it in the first place.

But next time you install new versions of RoM/AND, it will work just fine.

@Afforess,

The AAranda units are now in a state that they can be included in AND (link). they are fully WoC compliant so they could be moved to the Custom_Units folder instead of having them in the AAranda folders. If you do that please include the AAranda text file so credit is included.

Thanks.

@Afforess,

The AAranda units are now in a state that they can be included in AND (link). they are fully WoC compliant so they could be moved to the Custom_Units folder instead of having them in the AAranda folders. If you do that please include the AAranda text file so credit is included.

Thanks.

Will add to 1.72.

To All;

I can confirm the issue with clicking on the research bar, and have already fixed it. Expect a quick release (1.72; due to save compatibility) by wend. ;)

I guess this would fall under feature request rather than bug, but it could go either way.
Lets say you have several different types of units in a city, for this example 2 macemen (macemans?) a spy and a swordsman. The macemen are fortified, the spy is 'sleeping' and the swordsman used the last turn moving to the city, so this turn it is ready to move. Now assume you have no units selected and then click on the city to move the swordsman, instead of selecting the only unit in the tile ready to move, the macemen or spy will be selected instead. This has annoyed me for as long as I can remeber playing Civ 4.​

This one is definitely a feature request and concerns the barbarians in the game:
I love to use the Barbarian World to spread plenty of units to kill and also give a few less advantaged civs a chance to emerge in the world. I'm not sure how the inner workings of the AI controls the barbarians, however, I do notice the barbarians appear organized as though they are one civilization, building roads to connect their cities and such. To me this is unrealistic. I believe the barbarians should act more like independent tribes than one team. Think ancient Rome, the Romans being obviously the civilization and the surrounding tribes the barbarians. The tribes didn't act as one group but instead independent groups often even warring amongst themselves.​

How do I get rid of the shadows on the tech tree?

Maybe I am nitpicking but Rev exposed no longer shows the actual values in the city screen.

Same for me. CTD on clicking on the research bar.

Happened with custom and recommended installs (even tried the install based on what you are using), PerfectWorld2 map, both normal and custom starts. RoM 2.9 (not 2.91).
Same for me. I keep crashing to desktop when ever i click the research bar to change what is being researched

To All;

I can confirm the issue with clicking on the research bar, and have already fixed it. Expect a quick release (1.72; due to save compatibility) by wend. ;)

Repeat the above to you all with this complaint :). I just don't touch the bar for now ;).

First of all, Ruthless AI is just awesome!!! I even thought that I was playing with human player! nice work Afforess. However I found something looks like a bug. I turned off Assimilation option, but it still works in game.

That jar file is used to make sure the audio files in Modules are combined into main RoM. For more details on its function, you'll have to wait.

1. Anyway, just download Java, nothing more.
  2. Then double click on that jar file because it failed to do so when you installed it in the first place.

But next time you install new versions of RoM/AND, it will work just fine.

Thanks! I play without audio so I just ignor this. ;)

I guess this would fall under feature request rather than bug, but it could go either way.
Lets say you have several different types of units in a city, for this example 2 macemen (macemans?) a spy and a swordsman. The macemen are fortified, the spy is 'sleeping' and the swordsman used the last turn moving to the city, so this turn it is ready to move. Now assume you have no units selected and then click on the city to move the swordsman, instead of selecting the only unit in the tile ready to move, the macemen or spy will be selected instead. This has annoyed me for as long as I can remeber playing Civ 4.​

This is because the the swordsman has finished its moves, so the game chooses only units that has not moved, and the strongest unit, which would be the maceman. IDK I can do much about it.

This one is definitely a feature request and concerns the barbarians in the game:
I love to use the Barbarian World to spread plenty of units to kill and also give a few less advantaged civs a chance to emerge in the world. I'm not sure how the inner workings of the AI controls the barbarians, however, I do notice the barbarians appear organized as though they are one civilization, building roads to connect their cities and such. To me this is unrealistic. I believe the barbarians should act more like independent tribes than one team. Think ancient Rome, the Romans being obviously the civilization and the surrounding tribes the barbarians. The tribes didn't act as one group but instead independent groups often even warring amongst themselves.​

Yes, you have stumbled on the Civ secret. There is actually an extra player in every game, the barbarians, who you can not initiate diplomacy with and are always at war with. They act as one cohesive player, and while they can not research techs like normal players, they do get free technologies when 5/6 of players have it. Again, I don't see any solutions to this.

Check your civics. Some civics (like Feudal) are pretty bad when it comes to towns.
Whoops, I forgot that Barter changes that.:blush::hammer2:

I also have the CTD when the reasearch bar is clicked.

How do I know what a CG's command range is?

One suggestion. I found new wonders (such as The Ark of the Covenant, the Library of Alexandria) have no obsolescence.

For balancing, they may need to be obsolete as many other ancient wonders.

This is because the the swordsman has finished its moves

I had a feeling that was going to be misunderstood. Allow me to reiterate. Assume its the beginning of a new turn, the macemen are fortified the spy is asleep and the swordsman is ready to move. When I click on the tile it selects one of the units with a white dot instead of the only unit with a green dot.
I had forgotten that it selects the most powerful unit so I guess its not concerned about who is done for turn and who isn't, although it does seem to recognize when a unit has moved and has a red dot.
It would probably be very difficult to alter anyway as I assume unit selection is hard coded in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom