A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technology ran a lot quicker than the real time line, I was playing on epic and seeing 2 turn techs from the middle ages, 1 turn techs from the modern era on. I finished the last tech around 1100 AD. This is probably due to the big empires (Mine was between 20 and 30 for most of the game, my main competitors were 15-25). If it's possible, a 'tech normalization' that would make technology harder to research the more ahead you are from the 'expected timeline' (and reverse, cheaper if you are behind) could be a nice balancing dynamic.

FAT CHANCE~! I've pestered and annoyed Afforess and others about this a great deal. Their only uniform solution is "ignore it". So rather than take good advice, I spent several games worth of time adjusting the time shift to more or less reflect real world technology with time. Not just once, but over several campaigns (so that a tech like Steel comes about roughly 1805, rather than 1640 or 1920).

Note that I only did this for SNAIL gamespeed. 3000 turns.

The game speed info seemingly hasn't changed in several versions, so I've been able to keep mine working. It roughly works out well up until the late Medieval era, after all the religions are founded (I have the game speed line up roughly with when religions are founded properly:

Hinduism - 4000 - 3800s BC
Kemetism - 4000 - 3300s BC
Zoroastrianism - 3000s - 2000s BC
Judaism - 2000s BC
Confucianism - 800s - 500s BC
Christianity - 100s BC - 100s AD
Buddhism - 200s BC - 100s AD
Taoism - 10s AD - 200s AD
Islam - 600s AD - 800s AD)

That's about the best I can do. Late-game tech can vary wildly; some games I have gunpowder by 1000 AD, some by 1700 AD. Some games I get computer networks by 1950s AD, some by 2000s AD.

If you want, I can attach it

A minor problem on SVN revision 551 from September 9th: CIVIC_VASSALAGE in Info class was incorrect - Afonso_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, Basil_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, Hirohito_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, Kangxi_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, Masinissa_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

A minor problem on SVN revision 551 from September 9th: CIVIC_VASSALAGE in Info class was incorrect - Afonso_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, Basil_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, Hirohito_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, Kangxi_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, Masinissa_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

Vassalage was removed from the most recent version. You'd have to go in and manually change them to some other civic, or easier to CIVIC_NONE

Technically there is a civic called Vassalage available, but it is a military option. Previously there were two Vassalages; military and power. Vassalage and Parliament were removed.

I didn't know that Egypt could be Offshore Platforms in 1950BC! ;)

I'm guessing an error in one of the random events?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 130
I didn't know that Egypt could be Offshore Platforms in 1950BC! ;)

I'm guessing an error in one of the random events?

Speaking of which, I had a dream a while ago, and part of it had me playing Civ4 Rise of Mankind, and I was having this problem constantly; modern and future tech appearing in the ancient age

I did not read all 250+ pages of bugs, but I hope this is the spot to post bugs related to the beta5. I've downloaded and installed the latest version of the beta, and run on windows7 x64 ~8gb ram, 1gb video ram on my dell laptop

2 things that bother me right now are:

1. Unit strength does not show up for me when hovering over a unit on the map, or selecting a unit to be built when in my city's build queue. Anyone else having this problem?

2. When selecting all units to attack, the old BTS behavior was to attack with each unit one at a time. Now with RAND beta5 only one unit attacks, and the entire group of units I had selected get the 'wait' action, with the hourglass in the corner of their portraits indicating they're waiting until the next turn to perform an action. Only one unit out of the stack I had selected attacked and used its movement point for that turn. The other units are still able to attack, but the hourglass 'wait' status was incorrectly applied to them.

All in all, i love this mod! Great work, really impressed by how responsive it is between turns.

I was playing with RAND 1.76 beta at marathon speed, and by 400 BC all of the map would be covered by jungle (because Europe is mostly grassland, correect me if I am wrong) if I would not had deleted it from time to time and also because it does not grow over improved tiles.

It not really a bug but it is quite annoying and unrealistic that forest can grow so fast.

Playing RoM 2.92+New Down+ROME 3.1.0 and really enjoying my current game but...... After some turn all the game sound and music just dissapeared.. sometimes I hear some very quiet sounds of end turn.
Don't know what can occure this problem but here's screenshot ! http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-933-90.html I haven't saw any other problems exept this one... And yes.. there's russian letters coz I have pirate civ4(no developer in Ukraine)
Moderator Action: Piracy is strongly prohibited here.
If you are a fan, then you'll buy the game. And yes, there's a legal russian version.

And yes, it's not only the problem of mod... the game sound dissapeared from the BTS too... =((
I already played 100+ turns with classic music playlist in winamp but there's no civ4 atmosphere in it anyway So help me pls =)

I don't think you can get support for a pirated Civ game on which you play an outdated version of "A New Dawn" combined with another mod. There are just too many factors involved, too many things that could have gone wrong. My first suggestion is to use a non-pirated copy (I'm sure there are providers that ship internationally), and try again.

latest beta 176b5: unit hover info does not show strength. It did up until 175c without problems. Guessing it's the dll.

Hi everyone,

first of all: i love AND. ROM is great but with AND its even better :goodjob:

I have here a savegame which will always crash on the next turn. (unfortunately, i dont know, where the A new Dawn.log is. So i just appened the saved game. I'm using Win7 64bit, have a iCore 5 and 4GB RAM.)

It would be great, if someone could find the error.

Attachments

• AND De Gaulle Krieg 1.7z
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
Hello, I would like to thank everyone who put work into this very enjoyable mod. I have somewhat of a problem with it at the moment though as it does not want to grant me a win even if i acheive the neccessay objectives. Could someone help with this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom