A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afforess, do graphical changes break save files?
If they don't, I think buttons should be updated to generalstaff's new buttons.

I saw those; but I'm a bit busy these days. I may add them eventually; no promises. It *shouldn't* break saves though.

Poodles.

Well, apparently the game crashes every time I reach the year 1453. Can anyone show me how to fix it?

I have RoM 2.92, AND 1.94 and Patch E, and Clash of Civilizations. (I don't believe Clash of Civilizations would be the problem here.)

Clash of Civilizations is most definitely the problem.

This has probably been reported but I did a mark all read on the Rise of mankind forum by mistake and lost where I was up to with these.

AND 1.74 patch E log
Code:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Civic Diplomacy}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Bugs(?)
  • Even though I have Guilds off I can build the Guild Halls, the ones without the star in the icon
  • Whenever I build a Jousting Tournament in a city I get the movie. Either I should not be able to build it everywhere or it should not have a movie
  • San marco Plaza wonder goes obsolete which means I then have to build market places everywhere :(
Is there a log or something which tells you which options I have on and off since I reckon that this may be useful information for bug finding.

1.) Patch F will fix this.
2.) Patch F will fix this.
3.) Should wonder's still give their free building even when they go obsolete? It would be weird if they did...

No log for detailed gameoptions; but usually that doesn't matter.

Another interesting item. You can't build Corpernicus' Obsorbvatory where you have Lenardo's Workshop or Newton's College but you can build them where you have the first.

Wow; that bugs even in ROM. Nice catch. Patch F will correct that too.

I should be paying you DH... :mischief:

I just loaded up civ 4 and all my settings got reset. Happened once before when I first installed a new dawn.

is this a known problem or is it just me?

In CIVGameSpeedInfo.xml, the scale of Eternity is set to this.

Code:
<iResearchPercent>8000</iResearchPercent>
<iBuildPercent>8000</iBuildPercent>

I bet it's unintentional.

In CIVGameSpeedInfo.xml, the scale of Eternity is set to this.

Code:
<iResearchPercent>8000</iResearchPercent>
<iBuildPercent>8000</iBuildPercent>

I bet it's unintentional.

Yeah, thanks. I was fixing Eternity speed; scaling some of the modifiers better.

I am currently playing my first game with AND.
I noticed this change from RoM 2.92: Building a mine on a hill with forest now removes the forest, is this a bug or a feature?

The Federal Bureau of Investigations and Central Intelligence Agency buildings apparently have a pink image rather than their actual icons for the city pop-up screen after you build the two buildings in such cities.

It seems I have run into an infinte loop.

Log:
Code:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} ANM {Better RoM} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
I also deleted all the leaderheads execpt for Franco, Henry VIII and Hirohito.

Been playing with 1.74. Tried a huge map/enternity/settler game (just to get a feel). Suffered one game freeze, but otherwise it is running fine. Have the 3GB RAM switch for my Win XP machine. Still no MAF issue with a 830 kb save game file on a 960MB RAM 2.2 Ghz processor.

As far as gameplay. Mainly looked at building chains etc. A few of my thoughts:

Modern Steelworks seems to do very little for its cost.
Building maintenance: Wonder was others have experienced with this. Seems like you have to be very careful to avoid having maintenance costs spiral out of control. a couple of the Corps are so penal as far as maintenance costs (the Soldiers one in particular). thats its really not worth building at all. 120 gold!! maintenance in a size 30 capital for 20 base beakers is hardly worth it.

Heheh, when I get to modern era I do the 6 corporations that I can do together, Mapster, Cereal, Mining Inc, Soldiers, Mile High, and East-West and the maintenance is so bad that I have to be in at least guilds-corporate-patrician to squeeze out about 50%, but in the long run with that setup I end up with 1 turn research times by early-mid modern age anyways in Marathon and 3-2 turn research times for all the transhuman techs in Snail speed which is something I could never do with the old setup (ie just having Mining Inc-Cereal). At the time I get those research times I'm at 90% with my research bar too so I don't know what you're talking about with maintenance lol. At this point I'm also running Diety with increasing difficulty in mind.

And for me before going into that trio the soldiers corp. costs me about 200-300 a city since with like 30 cities with all of them having ammunation factories, we're talking a good 150 of the resource. But the trade off is that I also get 100 science per city plus all the free exp, which is really nice. I like seeing that 40k research a turn mid modern era :D

Hey I've been playing the mod for a few games now and I love it, it really made civ iv a great game for me.

I had a hard time installing the mod at first but now that i've got it installed its been working great. One thing i've noticed though is that horse resources aren't showing up in any of my games. Its not a hug problem but it does take away a big part of combat strategy pre industrial.

Any advice? I'd rather not try to reinstall if possible due to the difficulty i had in the first place.

I tried a few multiplayer games with 1.74 patch E over the weekend. We ran in to a lot of OOS errors; some seemed to resolve themselves within a few turns, at least one did not. Here are my log files and a saved game. Sorry if the logs look a bit incomplete, I joined a game a few dozen turns in.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 46
  • VOTE_BC-1460.CivBeyondSwordSave
    926.2 KB · Views: 66
Why are my fighters able to automate airstrike, but my bombers (early ones, B17 and 'bomber') not? Is this a balance decision, or a bug I should provide a save for?

Why are my fighters able to automate airstrike, but my bombers (early ones, B17 and 'bomber') not? Is this a balance decision, or a bug I should provide a save for?

If they don't do collateral damage, then no automation for them.

Nukes requires Nuke silo...
So far so good...

Nuke silos require nuclear lab
So far so good...

Nuclear lab requires lab
Not good...
Why?
Obsoletes at Superconductor...

Another user (forgot his name) in another thread said he/she went to Modern start and turned off Future era. And he/she can't build nukes.

Historically, nukes are available at a very Modern era (using Civ4 term here [Modern Era start approx. 1945 or so]).

So you should either push forward obsoleteness of lab in BUC modmod or have Nuclear Lab require something different or nothing at all.

Not for me. I think I will be able to build nukes in my game later on but for that user. :)

I actually ran into an issue where I skipped out on the research institute all together and hit biological warfare before fission lol. In doing that I somehow also missing out on the whole nuke line until the ones that are like early future era.

Nukes requires Nuke silo...
So far so good...

Nuke silos require nuclear lab
So far so good...

Nuclear lab requires lab
Not good...
Why?
Obsoletes at Superconductor...

Another user (forgot his name) in another thread said he/she went to Modern start and turned off Future era. And he/she can't build nukes.

Historically, nukes are available at a very Modern era (using Civ4 term here [Modern Era start approx. 1945 or so]).

So you should either push forward obsoleteness of lab in BUC modmod or have Nuclear Lab require something different or nothing at all.

Not for me. I think I will be able to build nukes in my game later on but for that user. :)

Thanks; I'll see what I can do.

I'll look and try to make sure every air unit can be automated.

It seems I have run into an infinte loop.

Log:
Code:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} ANM {Better RoM} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
I also deleted all the leaderheads execpt for Franco, Henry VIII and Hirohito.

Great; I'll check it out. BTW, you and Os79 would be very honored with my setup:
Spoiler :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom