All Things Star Trek

And one question: have Cardassians re-appeared in any of the new Trek stuff?
Not as far as I know. During early NuTrek, that was good. If the people for Picard S3, SNW S1, and Lower Decks did something... could be nice. Maybe.

Not as far as I know. During early NuTrek, that was good. If the people for Picard S3, SNW S1, and Lower Decks did something... could be nice. Maybe.

Having funny Cardassians in Lower Decks would be a fresh take! Maybe a storyline involving the species on Cardassia that predated the Union...I can see them finding mythic artifacts and craziness ensuing.

And one question: have Cardassians re-appeared in any of the new Trek stuff?
Don't quote me on this since I stopped watching it in S01, but I seem to remember mention of a Cardassian Captain in S03 of Discovery. I think the president also had some Cardassian ancestry.

Don't quote me on this since I stopped watching it in S01, but I seem to remember mention of a Cardassian Captain in S03 of Discovery. I think the president also had some Cardassian ancestry.
Oh, that's right. She was a third cardassian.

Just finished episode 7, "Dominion". Quite the cliffhanger. Not a fan of the whole S31 uniform approach the Titan people have suddenly adopted, but I'm continuing to enjoy the little musical touches -- like the Voyager theme when Seven initially thinks you-know-who is real and not a you-know-what.

The show has seemingly lost the plot and become aimless right when it's supposed to be gaining clarity and actualizing the stakes. Unfortunate.

Episode 9 perhaps actualised the stakes too much. I have no idea how they can resolve everything in just one episode satisfactorily.

Welcome to how the Voyager fans felt. It was a mess and has kept the fanfic writers busy ever since, with "fix-it" stories.

:clap:

I'm assuming the above is the season two trailer for Strange New Worlds, which is of course blocked in countries not the US.

Here is one that should work internationally:

Doesn't give anything away, so it's a great trailer IMO. Seems to keep its lightheartedness without straying over the line to parody. I remember now that they're meant to have some kind of crossover with Lower Decks, and I'm curious if that's anything to do with the time travel teaser at the end. I still think that casting the guy from Vampire Diaries as Kirk was a good choice.

Alright, Picard's done and it looks like it's going to "continue" with a Seven/Raffi/Jack series. I am indifferent to Jack and would rather never see Raffi again. Seven, though... I would like to see something with her. She was poorly utilized throughout Picard and deserves much better, especially given Jeri Ryan's acting range. Sidney LaForge, as well, seems decently casted, as well as the other bridge crew (whose names I never memorized).

The season started off weak, got good, then ended weak. It lost itself and never managed to gain a real sense of coherency beyond nostalgia. While the nostalgia was fine and adequate, it wasn't good enough for me to overlook the surrounding flaws and weaknesses.

That was a good trailer, yes.

I saw the last episode of Picard. I had a few issues with it, but otherwise it wrapped up well and hit most of the right notes.

The video is unavailable.

Meh. If they're going to geoblock it to Canadians, I won't do them the favor of giving them views.

Besides, using a VPN makes some of the other sites I'm currently logged into throw fits.

I've excited! Trailer makes it seem like this season might be a bit wackier than season one, but the writers did such a good job last season I'm willing to trust them.
(Or as one meme I saw about the fairy tale episode in season 1 said "I'm glad SNW continued the Star Trek tradition of rummaging through the Paramount costume department to see what's available."

Here's a version of the trailer that's accessible in Canada (and likely elsewhere). None of the other trailers I saw posted around worked for me

FINALLY we are getting some good Trek. And I mean, Lower Decks has been great, Prodigy has been good, Picard S3 was been pretty good.. but.. IMO Strange New Worlds is the best Trek since Deep Space Nine

Can't wait for that crossover episode. More of this sort of content, please. I want more fun in Trek again, and this is the right way of doing that!

IMO SNW had the best first season out of any Trek show, ever. Can't wait for season 2 and beyond. Seems like Paramount has finally learned some lessons and are finally producing some top notch content, and not just passable Trek-like fare.

IMO SNW had the best first season out of any Trek show, ever. Can't wait for season 2 and beyond. Seems like Paramount has finally learned some lessons and are finally producing some top notch content, and not just passable Trek-like fare.
Agreed.

Strange New Worlds is the best Trek since Deep Space Nine
Strong claim, but I think I can agree. I did enjoy the Picard/Borg film, whatever that was called but I certainly agree for small sceen trek. Certainly the most Star Trek Trek since TNG.

Top Bottom