Altered Maps IX: Playing Musical Chairs with the Landmasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
1400's its not completely accurate, Bosnia Croatia Serbia and Zeta are but others I'm not sure

Moderator Action: Off topic posts (37) deleted.

I had to post this map in my first post in this threat, but something bad and ugly happened, so I say sorry, BUT here is this map:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Languages_of_CE_Europe-3.PNG
Edit: looks like larger version of this map can be posted as a link

I looking also about maps or tables about knowledge of Polish language in other countries, and about English language knowledge, like on this German map from my first post here... I would be thank full.

Edit:
Thanks also for moderator, sorry that I also took the part in offtopic, but it was not me who started :(

1400's its not completely accurate, Bosnia Croatia Serbia and Zeta are but others I'm not sure
To say the least. By the 1400s the Byzantine state had ceased to control Makedonia, Paionia, much of the Thraikian hinterland, and Thessalia. You've mis-colored Lakonia as something independent (unless you want to take the line that the Despotate of the Morea was fully independent after the late 14th century, certainly a valid conclusion but one that does not fit with Byzantine Achaia), while Achaia could be nominally correctly assigned to the Byzantines if it's sufficiently late in the century.

I took a stab at this. Now please note that it is completely fantasy, and has no bearing on reality or likely historical changes just some daydreaming on my part:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Altered europe.jpg
    Altered europe.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 512
Everytime you post map here where other current countries are eliminated, you should state that it is fantasy, or science-fiction, otherwise people will fuss about it, but... From my experience I know that even if you state it is s-f or fantasy they will complain ;)

What the hell happened to the Gulf of Bothnia? :p

What the hell happened to the Gulf of Bothnia? :p

My incredibly bad drawing skills is what. Yeah all changes made to the map by my inablility to draw a straight line are kept.

But... the Gulf of Bothnia is screwed up because you DID draw a straight line, not because you didn't draw a straight line... :confused:

No I put in a text box in blue, other places I didn't draw straight lines. But that is not the best example of my inability to draw lines.

It's more that we are very densely populated.

Anyone else notice the US - Canada border? I guess people make friendships in school / work and don't wander over the border much.

I think that is Johannesburg rather than Zimbabwe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom