Altered maps VIII: World borders just got garbage-dayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a Silesia or a Poland? If the latter, I have to say that this map is pretty implausible; if the former, it's a pretty good job.

I'm assuming the independent Scotland and Ireland represent the lack of either Act of Union, but I'm not sure what the independent Wales is about- that would seem to suggest either that Welsh nationalist got an implausibly early start, or that the Plantagenet state was far weaker in this time-line, which really should've had ramifications beyond Wales...

I'm assuming the independent Scotland and Ireland represent the lack of either Act of Union, but I'm not sure what the independent Wales is about- that would seem to suggest either that Welsh nationalist got an implausibly early start, or that the Plantagenet state was far weaker in this time-line, which really should've had ramifications beyond Wales...

Act of Union? There never was such a thing in this timeline as the Danish Empire is a direct descendant of Cnut's Empire. Wales and Scotland were vassals of the Danes for a few centuries and gradually became independent as the Danish were overstretch in various continental wars. Copenhagen just didn't care enough about sheep to do anything about them getting uppity.

Holy balls what the hell happened in Arabia/Northern Africa?

Also, I approve of the Ottomans still existing.

What other country could it be?

I always associated green with the Ottomans...

Mango wins the thread.

Lucky... good, but not thread-winning-worthy.

And just who owns the Western half of North America?

That gray in the Americas is the Holy Roman Empire?

Damn...

Well at least I can take solace in the fact that there is still some sort of caliphate... er something.

It's an Absolute Theocracy lead by descendants of Muhammad. None of those silly branch offs happened in TTL so the Islamic world is fairly unified.

Is that a Silesia or a Poland? If the latter, I have to say that this map is pretty implausible; if the former, it's a pretty good job.

Other than the fact that it looks like Poznan, Sieradz and Kalisz are Silesian.

Also, if as a result of WWI, Prussia/East Pomerania became independent, Kujawy region would've been Russian.

I'm trying to understand what historical logic did you follow. I assume that in the iberian peninsula history went like this:

1. Castille and Navarre unite.
2. Kingdom of León controls the western peninsula. Portugal never forms.
3. Catalan counties and Aragón remain under the frankish sphere.
4. The union of two kingdoms (Navarre-Castille) seems to be highly unstable, which make them to fail in the reconquista effort.
5. León becomes the superpower of the reconquista.
6. Due to the lack of aragonese expansion in the mediterranean and the failed castillian expansion in central iberian peninsula, the Al-Andalus attains to keep the eastern and the southern parts of the peninsula under their control.

It's the only logic explanation I find.

I'm trying to understand what historical logic did you follow. I assume that in the iberian peninsula history went like this:

1. Castille and Navarre unite.
2. Kingdom of León controls the western peninsula. Portugal never forms.
3. Catalan counties and Aragón remain under the frankish sphere.
4. The union of two kingdoms (Navarre-Castille) seems to be highly unstable, which make them to fail in the reconquista effort.
5. León becomes the superpower of the reconquista.
6. Due to the lack of aragonese expansion in the mediterranean and the failed castillian expansion in central iberian peninsula, the Al-Andalus attains to keep the eastern and the southern parts of the peninsula under their control.

It's the only logic explanation I find.

That's pretty close. The reconquista wasn't only failed by weakened states in Iberia but also by the stability of the Caliph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom