Altered Maps XVI: Gerardus Mercator Must Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a mischievous meta.

(Is that a good enough hint towards what the joke is? :p )
No, you're a good enough hint towards what the joke is.

Nice !
To the left Mons Olympus, really protruding from the suface with some 25 km height.
Must have been the original home of the Greek gods :)

I don't understand if Hellas Plantina is like a specific part of the Hellas Basin or just another name for it, but basically it's an impact crater, much lower than the surrounding areas, which is why it's filled with water on the map Warpus posted

edit: also

it is the same

Although it sucks that Alexander the Great's famous fresco is barely visible ^^

That's a feature, not a defect.

:p

Also I love that Napoleon is eyeing Spain, Frederick is eyeing the low countries, and Maria Theresa is eyeing Hungary/Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia.

Vlad is eyeing Turkey, too

Better to have a German or a German-lover? :think:

Surely better to have Catherine than Peter, at any rate... Catherine was set to re-create the byzantine empire (it is also why many russian settlements in Ukraine got ancient greek names), while Peter pretty much saved Prussia (but agreeing not to invade, and settle from pretty much nothing) from the annihilation which even Frederick was sure was going to happen.

Peter the Great was the father and predecessor of Tsarina Elizabeth, who fought against Frederick the Great and whose sudden death led to the shenanigans enabling Catherine the Great to become sole ruler of all the Russias.

Peter the Great was the father and predecessor of Tsarina Elizabeth, who fought against Frederick the Great and whose sudden death led to the shenanigans enabling Catherine the Great to become sole ruler of all the Russias.

Hm!

Wait, who was the russian monarch who effectively dropped out of Catherine the Great's plan of restoration of the byz empire?

Austria was in agreement too, but Catherine's sudden (?) death ended that idea, iirc.

Maybe i got things the other way around (?). At any rate, which russian monarch enabled the peace treaty with Prussia when Prussia was about to be dismantled? (letter of Frederick, iirc, claiming himself that he may not have anything left to leave to his successor, etc).

Anyway, at least Fyrom has Mark Twain ( :mischief: )

Last edited:
You're probably thinking of Peter III, husband of Catherine II (preceded her) and his son, Paul (succeeded her).
Anyway... I see you don't discriminate in your vendetta against Germany.:crazyeye:

You do know Catherine was German too, right? :mischief:

You're probably thinking of Peter III, husband of Catherine II and his son, Paul.
Anyway... I see you don't discriminate in your vendetta against Germany.:crazyeye:

Thanks, but how is that a vendetta against Germany? The main thing i wrote of was the cancellation of the russian plan to re-establish the byzantine empire :p

If i was posting in the same vein as you are, i'd claim something equally strange, eg that in your supposed attempt to be pro-Germany you even give Russia a rare pass and temporarily not act accordingly to your vendetta against Russia. But i am not, of course. :jesus:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom