Altered Maps XVI: Gerardus Mercator Must Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo

Reagontonshire and Bushville County?

"County Bushville". I figure it would be a palatinate.

we're still doing the "obscure regional references dressed up as jokes" thing, right?

Map is about the most popular tourist attraction in each euro country:

Not sure if it is accurate. At any rate the museum of the Acropolis is distinct from the actual Acropolis, and the latter is obviously visited by more people.

I thought that the Atomium was the most popular attraction in Brussels? Or (for overall Belgium) that funky EU building.

Also, tfy is Harry Potter Studio tour there? Surely there are bigger tourist venues in London :) Eg the british museum, the wax figures museum and the royal overlord's estate.

Last edited:
I'm so boring I visited both Nyhavn and the Vasamuseet when I was in Kobenhavn and Stockholm last month.

I did not know that there was a "Harry Potter Studio Tour"; what have I been missing.
I agree that it should be the British Museum, they have some nice marbles there.

The only place I have been to is Lake Ohrid, about four times.
I don't like the way they have rebuilt the fortress there, they should have left it as it was just stopped it from getting worse.

I did not know that there was a "Harry Potter Studio Tour"; what have I been missing.
I agree that it should be the British Museum, they have some nice marbles there.

The only place I have been to is Lake Ohrid, about four times.
I don't like the way they have rebuilt the fortress there, they should have left it as it was just stopped it from getting worse.

Rebuilt, huh? Does it now have emblems of ancient Fyromia's Alexander the great? :p

I'm not sure if I should believe that the Musee de Orsay tops the Louvre or the Arc de Triomphe.
Or that more people go to the Miniatur Wunderland than to Neuschwanstein castle.

Many things I do believe though.

I'm not sure if I should believe that the Musee de Orsay tops the Louvre or the Arc de Triomphe.

The 2014 numbers were : Disneyland Paris then the Louvres, Versailles, the Eiffel Tower, the natural history museum (which actually is bunch of different museums put together, hence why it's so high up in the list) and then the Musée d'Orsay.

Edit : And that's only counting the ones with a fee, where you can get a precise number of visitors. The estimations put Notre Dame and the Sacré Coeur ahead of the musée d'Orsay as well (actually ahead of all except Disneyland).

This isn't very accurate either. Likely from a russian site (or other slav? ^_^). Rhodes should have the Hospitaler castle (the Colossus isn't around anymore). At least most of the sites are there, though, but some key ones are missing (The Delphi oracle is apparently missing -?-, the Dodoni oracle, the royal macedonian tombs near mt Olympus, etc).

Btw, the local one, the "white tower", may be the most popular, but it is rather stupid. Surely there are more important, larger and older buildings, like the proto-christian (5th-7th century) byzantine cathedrals, the byzantine castle, and the pre-christian Rotunda temple.

Last edited:
wrong , everybody knows Colussus should go to biggest city with like the least corruption , which tends it to make the capital .

Rebuilt, huh? Does it now have emblems of ancient Fyromia's Alexander the great? :p

No, its called Samuel's fortress but it was built on an earlier pre Roman fortress.
It is in quite a good position to defend, a hill next to a lake with flat land for a few kilometers around.
It is on the Via Egnatia, west to the sea crossing to Italy, east to Salonika and then to Byzantium.

Map supposedly shows how the earth was 15 million years ago:

Massive Borneo looks cool :)

Thought the creation of Britain was far more recent? I'm also not sure India is supposed to be part of Eurasia yet. I could buy a couple million years, but that does not look right to me.

Thought the creation of Britain was far more recent?
You are probably confusing this with land connection between eastern England and the continent during various glacial periods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doggerland#/media/File:Doggerland3er_en.png

I'm also not sure India is supposed to be part of Eurasia yet. I could buy a couple million years, but that does not look right to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayas#/media/File:Himalaya-formation.gif

Bhutan has no colour, or has a sickly white (which, apparently, also is left at the Adriatic, and some island in the White Sea) :)

Bhutan iirc has something like 1,5 million people, so should be in the same colour group as Fyromia, which has comparable landmass, population, and boring shape ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom