Alternate History Thread IV: The Sequel

Didn't people like EQ's Roman Empire in the modern world NES? Where it survives long long?

And interesting isn't standard. And come on we had magic and NESes with elves, and even a world map NES with zombies and gods... Standards are not lowered cause of his alt-history. And if he makes a NES out of it it's your choice if you don't want to join because Rome is super powered and the stroy don't interest you.

But those NESes don't have time lines posted in this (or its ancestors) thread.

And how is
Or start you're own thread here
...telling him to go away? It's more like telling someone to take their OOC conversation out of a NES thread. Plus it was in response to this:
Thor said:
The Norse section was quickly thrown together by me today to see if anybody would say Alfred's accomplishments were not possible. It was an experiment to see if it was resistance to the idea or the events themselves. Thats why it was presented out of order.
...where he is wasting peoples time in this alt-history thread.

Also, arguably most of those examples are less of a stretch of imagination, as they take place a) in modern times and b) over a shorter stretch. It's one thing to have France, under two consequent skilled rulers, extend and maintain hegemony over most of Europe for within a century; it's another thing entirely to have the Romans advance without apparent fail over the centuries to eventually unite the entire world and fly into space.

Without the entire timeline, and I have said before they are not infallible, isn't that a huge assumption on your part? 2753 years is a long timeline to post. What you have seen so far is up to 250 AD. There is still 1750 years to go and there are quite a few stumbling blocks and failures. For example, a part you do not have, the ambush and extermination of the first consular army sent against the Guptas. {Dis, I did do my research and the struggle against the Guptas was not as swift, at the time period you expect, or one-sided as you assumed.}

So if there have been other TL's posted that had fantastic stretches of plausibility, and France maintaining hegemony over Europe IS quite a stretch, I fail to see why there would be resistance for this. I never claimed it was probable, and I know it is not, even without the cries of such here.

And once again the mistake I made was my assumption this was a thread for other TL's and duscussion of such. But, much to my chagrin, it is not, it is for developing a start for NES's. And thats a great idea. I first began developing this timeline after I had posted a couple of short stories I had written and quite a few of the readers asked for a timeline to show how they had gotten into space. I knew this first draft was rough and needed improvement. But it seems I posted it on the wrong fora to seek help, and for that I once again beg your pardon. :( So in the end it was written for a series of short stories and a novel I am working on, as its background.

So, if you folks desire such a blight to be removed I shall remove my timeline and never darken your hallowed halls again. Just give the word by a yea or nay and I will abide by the majority of the votes.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Seems to me like the perfect place for that is that Creative Writing thread that was introduced by Dis just now for that express purpose.

And to the both of you I thank you. I shall place my endeavor over there, but I would still like input on it though from you all. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Did anyone ever guess das' PoD?

Possibly earlier. ;)

Possibly earlier. ;)
Definitely earlier. Sometime in the ninth century AD, I believe, and to do with the foundation of the Rus Khaganate and something causing a bunch of peoples living in what is now the Ukraine to migrate south into the Balkans.

Not exactly, though you are looking in the right place at the right time.

Something to do with the Pechenegs? Or perhaps the Middle Dneiper cities start growing a generation or two earlier?

Neither. Though you are getting closer and closer geographically...

But not temporally? Hmm...Khazar presence at Kiev ends sooner, bringing the Rus in earlier? Oleg exists when the Primary Chronicle says he does?

Still not quite there, though it does have to do with Oleg.

Which view of Oleg are we talking? Primary Chronicle based, or the revised version based on the Khazar documents?

More like the former.

He fails at Kiev, leading to the development of two different Rus states, one centered around Novgorod and the other around Kiev?

Exactly. Now, was it really that hard? ;)

Top Bottom