(APRIL FOOLS) Apolyton & CivFanatics Merging!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this was too good to last...Now we've got to pay for stuff. I guess eventually the entire thing will end up being pay-members only. This is greatly disappointing. Like I said though, I knew it was bound to happen, stuff this good never stays free.

And if this is a joke...not funny...at all...I joined Apolyton before Civfanatics and I haven't used 'poly in over two years...in contrast, I come on Civfanatics at least twice a day. I'd probably pay though...

If the Fascist department of CFC got employed for smthing then it's not a joke.

There is no way this is true. If it were true then they would have posted it on a day other then the first of April so as to avoid people thinking of it as an april fools joke (Granted google didn't do that). All the deleting of the threads on the idea of this subject were meant to act as hype leading up to this. A very well done joke with lots of planning but a joke none the less.

I hope

CivJunk.com :lol: :lol:

Ack, here's what the poly folk are thinking:
Adagio said:
Civfanatics sounds like a scary place, I hear the admins are eating puppies whenever they ban someone.
They got it all wrong, the Moderators eat puppies whenever they ban someone.

The funny thing is, this isn't even the first website I visit today that has a "merge-with-other-site" joke. Now if the funnies here would bother to come up with something original...... But no!

77th forum on the web? Which are in the top 10? Is there a list somewhere? And I think Civ has to be the game with the most posts, right?

Oh, and BTW, of course it's a joke. If it wasn't, then they would have said it in the announcement: "This is not an aprils fools joke, but we are merging bla bla bla..."

I checked Apolyton's website- they have the same news article dated April 1st, as does civjunction. So I'm pretty sure (and hoping!) it's a joke. Because if I have to start paying for this, it's really going to give me the sh*ts...and I for one WON'T pay for it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom