(APRIL FOOLS) Apolyton & CivFanatics Merging!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably subscribe if its true as I would want to show my support for the new site and all the work that would be necessary to do this, 99% of the content is going to remain free, the subscription just gets you access to a bigger forum Avatar and a few other little perks like faster downloads.

What is to become of the chat room? and more importantly, please say you aren't using whatever forum software that 'poly uses; it's layout is far from clean and readable.
'poly and CFC both use vBulletin. but poly uses vBulletin 2.something and CFC uses one of the newest versions.

Everyone figured out it was a joke three days ago, you started too early.

I just thought of one thing - maybe this is not a joke, but a test. That is, if the response to this idea is positive from both the forums, then they may actually go ahead with it, and humiliate the naysayers, but if it is negative, they can always claim it was an April Fool's joke. It's a win-win for the administrators of both sites.

Because if it isn't I'll more than likely do what I have done with other sites that I visited regularly after they starting charging for "Premium" content.

They'll no longer have a place on my favorites list! Please don't do this Thunderfall, it just wouldn't be right!

Garsonga :cool:

Must be april fools, you cant fool me TF! :lol:

jeje2 on the Apolyton forum said:
If this is true - It is a way too good joke not to publish today (I would have certainly published it deliberately today just to April fool you all).

If this is a genuine April fool's joke - then I'm in awe.
Really well done with a spoofsite, same joke on two big sites and all. (And maybe a small test to how both sites users react to the joke).

In any case - this year Apo & CFC Admin's manages to April fool us pretty good. Me likes.

Acute observation by the Pollys. As long as they contribute with insight like that, I have no problem with the people (but their website is garish and terrible to look at :p).
I think what really gives it away is the introduction of pay-per-play for the gotms. Almost had me going, but then I realised it was too bad to be true (and what date it is) :cool:

77th forum on the web? Which are in the top 10? Is there a list somewhere? And I think Civ has to be the game with the most posts, right?
Here
Some very nice words about us in that thread. :D

The CFC Insurgency Movement
will resist all attempts to merge with Apolyton with the greatest power we can muster.
This is the mother of all battles. Apolytoners will be killed on sight. The Insurgents will come down upon them like a ton of briks; a ton of bricks with machineguns, RPGs and IEDs. Not one step backwards. The Apolytoners will be pushed from our boundaries, or die here. They will leave on foot, or in body bags.
The Insurgency will be victorious.
OT Ackbar! Long live the Insurgency, and long live a free OT!

The CFC Insurgency Movement
will resist all attempts to merge with Apolyton with the greatest power we can muster.
This is the mother of all battles. Apolytoners will be killed on sight. The Insurgents will come down upon them like a ton of briks; a ton of bricks with machineguns, RPGs and IEDs. Not one step backwards. The Apolytoners will be pushed from our boundaries, or die here. They will leave on foot, or in body bags.
The Insurgency will be victorious.
OT Ackbar! Long live the Insurgency, and long live a free OT!

Good one, dude! :goodjob: :lol:

:( Unfortunately, It's an April Joke!!?:(

Did you know that even Google released some things (like 1 gig on gmail) on April 1st and it wasn't a joke?

The problem is that if it is a joke they will have to keep it up for about 47 hrs as CFC has members all over the world (and 'poly probably has as well)

*Downloads all the mods quickly before CFC turns into a stupid fun-for-the-rich forum*

Or, thinking again, The Sims2 isn't all that bad afterall :lol:

Wow, many of you guys here clearly love Apolyton :D. I can foresee a difficult few first weeks for CivJunction then!

I really hope that pay to play Gotm's is never introduced. I really like playing them and appreciate the work put in by the administrators but I would not pay to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom