(APRIL FOOLS) Apolyton & CivFanatics Merging!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The CFC Insurgency Movement
will resist all attempts to merge with Apolyton with the greatest power we can muster.
This is the mother of all battles. Apolytoners will be killed on sight. The Insurgents will come down upon them like a ton of briks; a ton of bricks with machineguns, RPGs and IEDs. Not one step backwards. The Apolytoners will be pushed from our boundaries, or die here. They will leave on foot, or in body bags.
The Insurgency will be victorious.
OT Ackbar! Long live the Insurgency, and long live a free OT!

Like a ton of bricks? Make room for the napalm bomb! I will die for our cause!

On a more positive note, the Civilization Junction website looks pretty good. I mean, it has a well designed clean layout. (and it lacks adds, that always helps.)

(and it lacks adds, that always helps.)

Call me cynical, but it won't be for long. Both 'Poly and CFC make use of those ads to pay for the bandwidth. You can bet they'll be adding ads up the wazoo. :rolleyes:

:pat: Love you Thunder :)

it's a joke, right? i hope so, Civfanatics is a lot better than apolyton, a lot better. it seems that we will need to wait until tomorrow to now if this is true or not. let's hope it's only a joke, because it's not only me who hates the idea

This is dismaying news. I guess all good things must end. In the last five years I've played and submitted every Civ III GotM. Many times the GotM has been the only Civ game I've had time to play. The GotM maps are very difficult. I honestly can't see paying a fee to get my butt whipped in front of the whole world when I can do it for free in private. It's been a nice run and I will surely miss CivFanatics.

Two requests:

a) Please don't force people to pay for things which are already free, because this will DESTROY the community, and
b) Please please please don't merge the Off-topic forums!

Maybe if everyone clicked the ad on top of the page 10 times, they'll change their minds :mad:

They went through a lot of trouble for such a April Fools Joke, they even created a Website, I Don't mind whether it's true or not, as long as I Can get the Mods Free I'm Happy.

Maybe if everyone clicked the ad on top of the page 10 times, they'll change their minds :mad:

An elaborate hoax. I will not be fooled,...until proved so...tomorrow. :D

I guess you guys don't like much the idea of having more fresh blood, more good (and bad) ideas, more mods, more news items, better and faster support, faster browsing (no need to browse both sites if needed), better interaction with Civ developers, more than just civ (not sure if better for all you folks here), just to count some :D

I guess you guys don't like much the idea of having more fresh blood, more good (and bad) ideas, more mods, more news items, better and faster support, faster browsing (no need to browse both sites if needed), better interaction with Civ developers, more than just civ (not sure if better for all you folks here), just to count some :D

Let's put it this way, merging w/ Apolyton would be like Hillary Clinton winning the presidency! :nono:

Could we not simply make Apolyton our vassal site... :evil:

I don't know about Hillary, but merging the two sites, well I find it a good idea :b:

a) Please don't force people to pay for things which are already free, because this will DESTROY the community, and
b) Please please please don't merge the Off-topic forums!
You'll have serious trouble with that at Junction, because they're going to charge for things, and I don't see any plans for OT.

On the other hand, I've been joined by several other resigning mods, and we're trying to assemble a Civ site of our own, based on how CFC used to be. Everything there is free, and Mathilda's already sitting in OT:

Civ Players Center

The CFC Insurgency Movement
will resist all attempts to merge with Apolyton with the greatest power we can muster.
This is the mother of all battles. Apolytoners will be killed on sight. The Insurgents will come down upon them like a ton of briks; a ton of bricks with machineguns, RPGs and IEDs. Not one step backwards. The Apolytoners will be pushed from our boundaries, or die here. They will leave on foot, or in body bags.
The Insurgency will be victorious.
OT Ackbar! Long live the Insurgency, and long live a free OT!

Bravo! Viva la Resistance! :nuke:

You'll have serious trouble with that at Junction, because they're going to charge for things, and I don't see any plans for OT.

On the other hand, I've been joined by several other resigning mods, and we're trying to assemble a Civ site of our own, based on how CFC used to be. Everything there is free, and Mathilda's already sitting in OT:

Civ Players Center

Oh come on, you can't fool me! :lol:

You can make such an invisionfree forum in 10 minutes!! "We made a new forum, to help Civ stay as it used to be"!

:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom