Are the words "progressive" and "reform" leftist conspiracies?

Are the words "progressive" and "reform" leftist conspiracies?

• Total voters
I don't want this to turn into a fracking thread, but there have been articles in the local paper recently about earthquakes in Oklahoma being caused by fracking. If you guys want to keep discussing it, though, go make a fracking thread.

Moderator Action: Split fracking discussion into its own thread

In Denmark "reform" is just a rhethorical device for any kind of political change, even if it should be designated a "cut" or what have you. It's not reserved for any side of the political spectrum. Has nothing to do with leftism. In Denmark that is.

Actually, I think you'll find that "reform" is general politspeak for "cutback". It sounds so much more neutral, doesn't it. Recently, in the Netherlands (psychological) youthcare has been "reformed", meaning the government no longer takes care of it, but local communities will. Big cutback (or is it?) on government spending, budget deficit reduced, youth will receive local care starting from January 1. No investigation into whether this is at all effective or meaningful as a "reform" has been done, but hey, we'll just see what happens, won't we.

But I'm sure "progressive" and "reform" are leftist conspiracies. If there is such a thing as a word being a conspiracy, that is.

Top Bottom