Beard discussion

Re: MC (or others):

How related is beard growth due to the Y chromosome side of things?

I mean I've always heard baldness gets passed through mothers side so hiw is facial hair related?

Afaik my father has brown facial hair (he always shaved, but now it has darkened overtime so it isnt as clear what his former color was) naturally whereas i am black, most similar to my maternal sides (and my father is blonde, I am brown/black)

Certainly my father was not able to grow beards prior to maybe 26 but an uncle had it rolling in by 20 probably

CANT NOBODY TAKE AWAY BEARD!!!

Its mine. ALL MINE!!!

The flag of Lapland (Finnish) looks manly (i mean could you live above the arctic line if you were mostly naked? :p )

But they may have stolen it from the almost identical Swedish Lapland-bordering flag.

From the above emblems i conclude that Lapland is the land of real men, and they are weirdos.

If anyone wants to have my beard, then I'll gladly transfer it.
...damn...don't think that works.

I can probably grow a full beard within a week. And I look terrible with it.
Need to shave at latest after 4 days, else I get the Chewbacca look.
Which also wouldn't be so terrible, if my skin wasn't that bad (basically constantly some inflamation somewhere).
Good side: Stubble looks good on my. Bad side: Everything else.

I mean I've always heard baldness gets passed through mothers side so hiw is facial hair related?

Afaik my father has brown facial hair (he always shaved, but now it has darkened overtime so it isnt as clear what his former color was) naturally whereas i am black, most similar to my maternal sides (and my father is blonde, I am brown/black)

Certainly my father was not able to grow beards prior to maybe 26 but an uncle had it rolling in by 20 probably

Don't think anecdotal evidence will help much there, but I can't find quickly anything scientific :/.
My father is going bald, but has full beard. My uncle (mothers side) is nearly bald, hardly any beard.
Gladly I'm not going bald yet, and hope to keep that for some time.
But beard doesn't correlate either, because my father has curly hair (I don't), my mother's side of the family doesn't.
-> no conclusion from this.

In order to grow a bear, one needs one mama bear and one papa bear. They're a bit pricey and hard to manage, so it's understandable that you haven't really succeeded yet.

Sigh, I walked in to that one when I decided to post at work and subsequently skipped proofreading so that I could hit submit before the boss came around.

I'm no expert on this and the sources I found when I searched did not seem the most official, but they claimed that none of the beard genes are found on the sex linked x or y chromosomes. Like most traits, beard types are inherited from both parents. The genes however only activate when the follicles receive high enough levels of testosterone, which most women do not have.

It's really safe here in this city. Actually I thought people might comment on how red my face looks or how much hair I have on my shoulders or that one eye is half shut.

In all honesty, you look thoroughly unremarkable. If that helps.

No red face or half-closed eyes, or exceptional hairiness, are visible. Isn't it strange how differently we see ourselves?

Spoiler :
Now. Where's the door to this room I'm in? *fumble* *stumble* *mumble*

In all honesty, you look thoroughly unremarkable. If that helps.

No red face or half-closed eyes, or exceptional hairiness, are visible. Isn't it strange how differently we see ourselves?

Spoiler :
Now. Where's the door to this room I'm in? *fumble* *stumble* *mumble*

OK so people were just being polite for once. :blush:

I wonder why mustaches aren't popular anymore. It's not that much maintenance.

They make people look like dictators or pedophiles or both. Every once in a while someone will pull off a good mustache, but if you don't have a beard to go along with it, it's a risky proposition.

OK so people were just being polite for once. :blush:

I don't think so. My eyesight is actually pretty good. I think we see ourselves (especially our own faces) in fundamentally differently ways from how other people see us.

Top Bottom