Beard discussion

Therefore, the burden of the proof is on the shavers to prove that being shamefully naked-faced is preferable to looking like a man. :p

There's the problem already: I don't want to look "like a man".

Spoiler Boring expansion on that :
(Don't want to look "like a woman" (or "girl") either for that matter and don't want my partners to look like that either.)

Well, i sort of do. I like having muscle-y features. I like my hands (i have serious veins).
And women are kinda cute (based on that subcutaneous fat of theirs).
But beards? Dresses? Footbinding (or "shoes" with heels)? No. Hell no! Also: why!? but mostly: No.

No, really, when i first thought about this as a small kid i asumed this was just some misguided fashion trend that my parents and their peers had come up with. After all they commited the high fashion crime against humanity and all that is good that is euphomistically referred to as "the 70s and 80s".
Later i found out that this nonsense had gone on way longer and for more absurd reasons...

Anyway, i have to buy new shoes. Semi-serious shoes. Chucks or tanker boots won't do.
I already see myself trying to squeeze my feet into some size 43 women's shoes that're the closest thing to a unisex shoe in the shop...
And if you wear a beard i blame you for that inconvenience. By association. :p

There's the problem already: I don't want to look "like a man".

Spoiler Boring expansion on that :
(Don't want to look "like a woman" (or "girl") either for that matter and don't want my partners to look like that either.)

Well, i sort of do. I like having muscle-y features. I like my hands (i have serious veins).
And women are kinda cute (based on that subcutaneous fat of theirs).
But beards? Dresses? Footbinding (or "shoes" with heels)? No. Hell no! Also: why!? but mostly: No.

No, really, when i first thought about this as a small kid i asumed this was just some misguided fashion trend that my parents and their peers had come up with. After all they commited the high fashion crime against humanity and all that is good that is euphomistically referred to as "the 70s and 80s".
Later i found out that this nonsense had gone on way longer and for more absurd reasons...

Anyway, i have to buy new shoes. Semi-serious shoes. Chucks or tanker boots won't do.
I already see myself trying to squeeze my feet into some size 43 women's shoes that're the closest thing to a unisex shoe in the shop...
And if you wear a beard i blame you for that inconvenience. By association. :p

Is this coming from you or something you quoted from another website?

Hey. Whoa. WTH is wrong with 80s fashion?!

80s hair is the worst.

My father, who was in the prime of his youth in the 80s, once remarked to me, "Son, you should feel lucky girls look so nice these days."

Also 80s hair reminds me of middle-aged Vietnamese people. I mean that in a neutral sense, though, I guess.

80s hair is the worst.

My father, who was in the prime of his youth in the 80s, once remarked to me, "Son, you should feel lucky girls look so nice these days."

Also 80s hair reminds me of middle-aged Vietnamese people. I mean that in a neutral sense, though, I guess.

Do they tend to have big perms? I used to know a Cambodian hair-dresser that looked like that, but this was the 80s. A perm on an Asian person has got to be a lot of work to maintain.

Do they tend to have big perms? I used to know a Cambodian hair-dresser that looked like that, but this was the 80s. A perm on an Asian person has got to be a lot of work to maintain.

I dunno, it just tends to be very, very poofy in that 80s way. Almost as if the majority of Vietnamese people in their 40s and 50s were stuck in the 80s.

Well, that's just my biased observation. Im' probably overstating things.

Is this coming from you or something you quoted from another website?
I thought my (bad) writing style was fairly recogniseable. The bad hypotaxis alone should suffice.

I thought my (bad) writing style was fairly recogniseable. The bad hypotaxis alone should suffice.

So you're saying you prefer to look androgynous and you prefer androgynous looking types?

I have a hard enough time keeping track of who is who on this forum without recognizing writing types.

So you're saying you prefer to look androgynous and you prefer androgynous looking types?

No.
My point is that most people look fairly non-androgynous (heterogyn if you are willing to use that term) even without such fashion choices.

No.
My point is that most people look fairly non-androgynous (heterogyn if you are willing to use that term) even without such fashion choices.

'Heterogyn'?

Androgynous comes from andras (man) and gyne/gynaika (woman). Hetero just means 'other', in constrast to homoio (homo in the dreadful corruption :mischief: ).

I reached the upper part of my chest for a while, but couldn't get beyond that. ZZ Top amazes me. Whoever invented shaving should have been summarily executed before it spread.

Fun fact about shaving in the military: It was the advent of chemical warfare in WW1 that caused militaries to start requiring soldiers to shave their beards. You can't get a proper seal with a gasmask if you have a beard. That's why (at least with the US military) soldiers are still allowed mustaches but not beards. Prior to WW1 the military had no problem with soldiers having beards as evidenced by all those old Civil War photos.

Clean shaven. If I ever get in a brawl they can't grab the beard and stick a short sword in my guts.

I've grown it out a couple of times for a month or two but it gets to itchy, requires effort grooming and she who must be obeyed didn't like it.

I can get 5 o clock shadow by 1pm. Generally shave every 2-3 days. Default to scruffy.

Last edited:
If I ever get in a brawl they can't grab the beard and stick a short sword in my guts.

Brawl with a short sword? Are you posting from your local roman coliseum? Beard gives +2 armor to the chin, well depend on how glorious your beard is and what kind of accessories you attach to your beard (like ribbon perhaps) it may provided more armor, having a strong chin is practical and fashionable.

Top Bottom