Boomers: The Evil Generation!

And why did we boys have long hair ?
FYI, long hair was normal for males of all ages at various times in history. And if they chose not to grow their hair long, they wore wigs to make it seem as though they had long hair.

Some men actually look better with long hair as opposed to short hair.

That said, my first reaction every time I watched the opening credits for MacGuyver was "Richard Dean Anderson really needs to get a haircut." :p

FYI, long hair was normal for males of all ages at various times in history. And if they chose not to grow their hair long, they wore wigs to make it seem as though they had long hair.

Some men actually look better with long hair as opposed to short hair.

That said, my first reaction every time I watched the opening credits for MacGuyver was "Richard Dean Anderson really needs to get a haircut." :p

Yes :)
Hey... and partially underpinning my point of youth.
Those wigs bearing older people were clever enough to hide their old, and thinning not so shiny anymore hair, under their wigs, "faking" youth. And yeah the kind of wigs ofc part of social differentiating.

I guess head lices etc played also a role in such traditions.

Not too long hair ofc very practical. I was one of the first at school to have long hear up to my shoulder, but went back to short-medium pretty fast as compromise with my hair drying faster after a shower (I trained, played a lot).

Last edited:
Sounds to me these complaints are that the Republican party is evil, not the boomers.

But why should they let that stop a hate party.

Including people of all ages, but let's not let facts get in the way here when we can do ignorant generalizations.

Including people of all ages, but let's not let facts get in the way here when we can do ignorant generalizations.

How's that high horse feeling this morning? :p

Since I"m old I worry about falling off and killing myself. :lol:

Capitalism was never possible to produce real productivity growth forever.

I don't think we should call boomers evil for being fortunate enough to reap the peak.

It's such a big generation it's hard to make full, sweeping generalizations. And a lot of what the generation did politically is just a continuation of America's racism and greed and infatuation with war and all kinds of things. Or just the inherent flaws of capitalism accelerating wealth upwards. I really only join the joke-y kill boomers chant given two things. One, if it's pushback to complaints about millennials, young adults, whatever. That kind of blanket crap has littered news sites for years now and I don't mind being snarky in return to some 57 year old beltway journalist complaining about their Applebees dying. Second is global warming. There are toooooons of polls that show global warming acceptance and support for policy is generational. Like, 20-30 year olds support it the most, then 31-40, than 41-50, it's like a straight line of decreasing acceptance and desire for response as you climb up each decade, and that pisses me off becuase it just feels like a "well I'll be dead so screw you all" mindset.

This doesn't surprise me at all. The underlying narrative of modern leftism is one of rebellion; hence each generation of leftists can only define themselves by acting it out (who knew that free love wasn't a sustainable ground to build a culture on)? One day they'll be consumed themselves.

When people refer to Boomers they are referring to statistical or sociological stereotypes.

A Boomer, as an individual, may not hold certain views, but there's a good chance a decent portion of their peers do. If a generation by and large holds views that are incredibly divergent from the other existing generations, it seems worthwhile to point out, especially if that generation controls legislation and is powerful enough to sandbag any attempt at moving forward.

It's super great if you, as a Boomer, support compassionate policy, equality, and climate action. Most of your peers don't.

This doesn't surprise me at all. The underlying narrative of modern leftism is one of rebellion; hence each generation of leftists can only define themselves by acting it out (who knew that free love wasn't a sustainable ground to build a culture on)? One day they'll be consumed themselves.

And do you think this bothers leftists? I would hope that we are "consumed" ourselves: the alternative would be stagnation, the end of progress. If future generations don't regard me as a hopeless stuck-in-the-mud then I did something wrong.

I feel like Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Mark Zuckerberg have done plenty of harm to the US culture and economy and they aren't boomers.

Yeah, and Gen Z already views (at least the latter) them with disdain. Gen X and Millennials will be seen as complicit in their crimes too, and we should be.

I mean none of this matters because after this century future generations will be using stone tools and won't know how to read.

I'm sorry, but a lot of these posts (not all, but a lot), though they may be said seriously and sincerely, sound as though they were said by characters in those ridiculous, parodical adult cartoons, like "the Simpsons," or "Family Guy." Is this REALLY what the socio-political dialogue has descended to? Do people REALLY believe these stereotypes and fallacies here, and on many other threads, and various blogs, publications, "news' reports, and even political speeches and debates? Have so many people REALLY just stopped THINKING and speaking by rote and piecing together buzzwords and other zeitgeist phrases? Is this REALLY have things have come to? This SHOULD be a sign of the end of the world in some religion's narrative - unfortunately, I can't find one with such a warning sign.

sharing mostly recipes on low carbs food

Yes, low carb food
THERE IS A FAMILY FRIEND, a man I’ve known for decades. A highly educated man with total financial security in his recent retirement. A man who always had a good story to tell or an interesting side of a conversation to hold up. Then, a few years ago, he got on Facebook. Reading his timeline became an exercise in watching a man’s descent into madness. Over the summer I was surprised to learn that he had purchased three very expensive AR-15 semiautomatic rifles. When I asked why, he said, “For the race war that’s coming” in a tone that suggested no further explanation would be necessary.

Top Bottom