Brokeback Mountain

newfangle said:
*PERSONAL STORY RELATED TO FILM*

This movie was actually filmed in my city (Calgary) 2 years ago. Anyways one day I was walking near the set and a security guard told me to step off the sidewalk onto the road. Why? Cos Mr. Heath Ledger was walking along the sidewalk (so naturally a proletariet scum bag like me needed to get out of his way).

Ah well, he nodded at me at least.

*sigh*
Capitalism doesn't work :shakehead

I would watch it only to prove that im "comfortable with my sexuality" . But thankfully I won't waste my money because I doubt that it would be get shown where I am:p .

Honestly, the homosexuality in it can't be worse than The Crying Game. :ack:

Sounds like a Lifetime movie for my mom. I don't think I'll see it.

But reading this thread was informative. A lot of you guys, to quote Napoleon Dynamite, are freakin' idiots.

Thats whats cool about the OT in this place, everyones cool witht he way you are as long as your not an idiot about it, like If I said I was a nazi but said it in a respectable and mature way in all seriousness I might hav people argue me but they woyuld still respect the way I am.
As for the topic......
Becuase I am against homosexuality for religiou and morale resons(non-religious) and I really dont want my kids being homosexual I will not be seing this movie.

Back said:
Thats whats cool about the OT in this place, everyones cool witht he way you are as long as your not an idiot about it, like If I said I was a nazi but said it in a respectable and mature way in all seriousness I might hav people argue me but they woyuld still respect the way I am.
I can't say I've got the same impression.

Back In Black said:
If I said I was a nazi but said it in a respectable and mature way in all seriousness I might hav people argue me but they woyuld still respect the way I am.

A mature and respting Nazi? Sounds like a conrtradiction of terminology if you ask me.

Back In Black said:
Becuase I am against homosexuality for religiou and morale resons(non-religious) and I really dont want my kids being homosexual I will not be seing this movie.

And what if you're kids turn out to be homosexual?

RoboPig said:
Matt Damon the actor or Matt Damon the doctor who cured cancer
Moderator Action: You are crossing the boundary between discussion and spam. This is an example of spam - the answer is so obvious that the question doesn't need to be asked.

Please try and be more constructive in your posts. Otherwise, we will provide you with a significant post-count-reduction.

newfangle said:
*PERSONAL STORY RELATED TO FILM*

This movie was actually filmed in my city (Calgary) 2 years ago. Anyways one day I was walking near the set and a security guard told me to step off the sidewalk onto the road. Why? Cos Mr. Heath Ledger was walking along the sidewalk (so naturally a proletariet scum bag like me needed to get out of his way).

Ah well, he nodded at me at least.
you arent allowed to walk on the same sidewalks as movie actors in calgary?:eek:

that doesnt have to do with it. if the sidewalks are public how could they techinically be private.

The nazi thing was a little extreme but you get my point, as for if my kids turn gay...they wont...and If by some extremely rare chance they do(which I can 99.9% garantee they wont) then Im not sure what I would do. I would be pretty pissed or unhappy I can tell you that, not necessarily becuase there gay,but becuase that means many other things to. As for sidewalks being private, you can probably temporaraly buy property for shootings and stuff, so for a time, it can be private.

@Robopig-Dude what the hell, your the new officail forum troll man, you pump out like 50 posts a day,75% of which have absolutely no point or are of anything that even in the remotest respect makes any sense.Just.....stop.....please....just stop.

Back In Black said:
The nazi thing was a little extreme but you get my point, as for if my kids turn gay...they wont...and If by some extremely rare chance they do(which I can 99.9% garantee they wont) then Im not sure what I would do. I would be pretty pissed or unhappy I can tell you that, not necessarily becuase there gay,but becuase that means many other things to. As for sidewalks being private, you can probably temporaraly buy property for shootings and stuff, so for a time, it can be private.

@Robopig-Dude what the hell, your the new officail forum troll man, you pump out like 50 posts a day,75% of which have absolutely no point or are of anything that even in the remotest respect makes any sense.Just.....stop.....please....just stop.
umm...the spam is from posts without 2 quotes. and i am not trolling. i just disagree with you on many issues

I will not be seeing it because it is a gay love story filled with disgusting, graphic, homosexual sex scenes.

capslock said:
I will not be seeing it because it is a gay love story filled with disgusting, graphic, homosexual sex scenes.

Agay love story? They're in love? And they show that graphically?
Oh dear heavens. The travesty.

Mmm. Jake Gyllenhaal.

Eeeh, I read a review about this while perusing through some newsmag. Somehow, I can't see two 19th century sheepherders having a sensitive, romantic love affair. A more realistic version should go something like this:

CLEM: "Hey Abe, I'm gittin' mighty tired of havin' sheep all the time."

ABE: "Ah knows what you mean. Say I gots an idear. Come over here."

CLEM: "MMMMM... That feels mighty good, Abe!"

ABE: "Mmmph. Immm hppmmphing mmph mmmph!"

A few minutes later...

CLEM: "That was mighty fine, Abe."

ABE: "Now you do me, Clem."

CLEM: "All righty. Good Lord! You're awful ripe, Abe! Why don't ya wash up in the crick first?"

ABE: "Think yer any better? Now git down there and take care of bizness!"

Sigh... well, that's Hollywood for you. If I'm going to see homosexuality in movies, I prefer that it be a bit more entertaining. Now Deliverance... THAT was entertaining! :lol:

Top Bottom