Can a single man be friends with a married woman?

Can men be friends with a married woman?

• Yes

Votes: 107 79.3%
  • Only if he's gay or he finds her unattractive

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • maybe/not sure

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • what are friends?

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
Eh.. it's pretty stupid for a guy to invest effort in a lady unless they want to sleep with her or she's genuinely interesting (oddly enough, that's rare in the 18-31 age group).

Work etiquette aside.

What if she has good taste and helps you pick clothes so you can impress a lady with your style?

Well when I say "your spouse's opinion matters" and you say "I disagree," it does follow.

In fact I kind of said the same thing you just said and yet you still said you disagreed initially....?

But, as we did not have this exchange, it doesn't follow.....
Earlier, I directly quoted the parts of our exchange that relate, to illustrate the point.
You........ erm ........ did not.

If you can find a post of yours where there actually is a QUOTE your spouse's opinion matters UNQUOTE from you then by all means let me know.

But the effort involved in this seems long past its value.

If a man can't be friends with a woman, on the premises I assume anyone would use, then I can't be friends with anyone, since I'm bi.

Disgustipated, I can tell what you're asking, and you're right, he's wrong.

The woman in question should not be left alone in company and/or correspondence with another man. And she should wear a Burqah. And she should possibly be chained to the cooker.

In general? Of course they can! However, the details matter in specific cases.

Oh, well that certainly complicates matters...

:dubious: ... ... The answer to your question is no.

Understandable.

I'm going to link an article for those who think sex is some evil act to do with a friend. (only did it once). The article mentions that sometimes friends do have sex and end up going back to be friends. We realized we weren't compatible in a relationship as my sex drive is much, much higher than hers (weekly minimum for me, for her it's more than monthly) But she's a nice person, and our personalities are very much alike, so we are still friends.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200109/can-men-and-women-be-friends

I should note he doesn't know I had sex with her. She never told him as she was single at the time, and it's not his business.

I have come to accept I cannot see her. I can understand why he's jealous. She has more fun with me, than with him. She only went back to him for the kids, she doesn't actually love him. But he had full custody over the kids, and she can't risk losing visitation. He basically manipulated her into going back to him. He said he changed his controlling ways, but soon as he moved into her house he restricts her work and friend activities.

I'm going to link an article for those who think sex is some evil act to do with a friend. (only did it once). The article mentions that sometimes friends do have sex and end up going back to be friends. We realized we weren't compatible in a relationship as my sex drive is much, much higher than hers (weekly minimum for me, for her it's more than monthly) But she's a nice person, and our personalities are very much alike, so we are still friends.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200109/can-men-and-women-be-friends

I should note he doesn't know I had sex with her. She never told him as she was single at the time, and it's not his business.

I have come to accept I cannot see her. I can understand why he's jealous. She has more fun with me, than with him. She only went back to him for the kids, she doesn't actually love him. But he had full custody over the kids, and she can't risk losing visitation. He basically manipulated her into going back to him. He said he changed his controlling ways, but soon as he moved into her house he restricts her work and friend activities.

There's nothing wrong with benefriends, but the circumstances have to be right. It's a sucky situation you find yourself in; i threw away a good friendship under similar circumstances once (not married, no kids, but a long time douchey controlling boyfriend), so i know how you feel. It sucks to lose a friend over something so stupid, but at this point I'd recommend writing it off as a lesson learned the hard way.

@OP

A very bad idea. Very bad. This is experience talking.

Can a single man be friends with a married woman?

Not if there's even the slightest hint of sexual attraction, which is why IMO it only works if he's gay or hideously ugly.

Not if there's even the slightest hint of sexual attraction, which is why IMO it only works if he's gay or hideously ugly.
I think that people are potentially capable of acting like responsible adults, at least when they want to. After all, gay people manage to be friends with people their own gender- and bi people managed to be friends with anyone at all!- so, unless straight people just happen to be a drooling pack of perpetual adolescents, I don't see why it's beyond them.

Just ... don't screw her again. Or is that impossible?

not having sex is easy. Esp. when you discover you are incompatible sexually. Remember it takes two people to agree to sex. What I find interesting is your post and her ex-husband she's living with seem to think 2 people having sex is all because the guy wants to. It assumes the woman can't say no. What century are we living in?

In general yes, but there are of course some exceptions and stuff.

Your case is rather odd. You and her have a sexual history, but you say her husband is unaware of it?

not having sex is easy. Esp. when you discover you are incompatible sexually. Remember it takes two people to agree to sex. What I find interesting is your post and her ex-husband she's living with seem to think 2 people having sex is all because the guy wants to. It assumes the woman can't say no. What century are we living in?

lol what? Did I imply that you would rape her? Because I shouldn't've given that impression. Perhaps your reading something in my post that isn't really there.

no rape lol.

I just meant seducing a woman without her being able to resists the man's charms.

Top Bottom