Change ur dang avatars

Hygro

soundcloud.com/hygro/
In the old days of CFC, most of us changed our avatars with some regularity. Multiple times a year. I believe this had an affect on lurkers from the main civ game subforums: every time they lurk over to OT it looked sufficiently new and dynamic that they could jump into the mix. But as most of us have mostly kept our avatars consistent, the lurkers see the same people doing a fair bit of rehashing. Looks uninviting. The more you post in OT the more you should switch every once in a while.

If I change my avatar, I will have to change my personality. That might be risky.

But I just changed it less than a month ago and I still love this one.

This one was made for me when I was around half my age. I like it. It's an inside joke that sounds bad but wasn't actually bad (it was an imitation Gatorade drink sufficiently obscure that it was given a different nickname.) I suppose it WAS a bit of a strange choice for something people actually wanted to drink often, but hey I'm not the one who decided on it.

I will keep my current avatar. By any means necessary.

I used to change mine every few months. This one is like having Maddy as part of the forum, though.

I changed my avatar even less often on the Star Trek forum I belong to. In over 10 years there I've had maybe three avatars. One animated, when we were vBulletin and allowed animated avatars, one interim one when the tech admin set up a temporary XenForo forum version of the site so we could beta test it before the actual switch (something I wish had been done here), and the one I have now since we can't have animated avatars there anymore.

<-- It's my self portrait, a la South Park. Can there be anything more wondrous? :love:
I've seen a photo of you, and your avatar is remarkably accurate. :p

I remember being on the avatar carousel. It was pretty fun.

I just changed this av about a month ago but I'll probably change again reasonably soon.

Eh, I'm sticking with the Moon-and-Sun from Morrowind. My initial attempt at it completely screwed up the transparencies/cutting enough that madviking fixed it for me because he was tired of looking at it.
Plus my previous avatar, the Fortuna wheel, just looked like an orange blob with a face on it and nobody else knew what it was.

What are you talking about? Your avatar has no flaws.

In the old days of CFC, most of us changed our avatars with some regularity. Multiple times a year. I believe this had an affect on lurkers from the main civ game subforums: every time they lurk over to OT it looked sufficiently new and dynamic that they could jump into the mix. But as most of us have mostly kept our avatars consistent, the lurkers see the same people doing a fair bit of rehashing. Looks uninviting. The more you post in OT the more you should switch every once in a while.

No. This has been my avatar since the beginning of my time here and it shall always be my avatar.

And plus, I actually hate it when people change their avatar. I scan posts pretty quickly and I identify who said what by just a quick glance at their avatar to determine if it's someone I'm familiar with or not. So when someone changes their avatar, it kinda throws my brain into confusion.

Posters switching their avatars is very hard for me. My sense of a poster's identity is based on his or her avatar, and when they switch, it's very disconcerting for me.

It's becoming less problematic as time goes on. I'm getting a sense of posters' identities separate from their avatars.

I've had this one since I joined. I may change at some point, but just once; there's just one avatar that would better represent me. I even feel as though I've seen the avatar I want to move to, though I can never track it down when I go to the provided avatars.

I've been so inactive for so long now that probably no-one really remembers me, but maybe some people do remember my avatar. And if I take it off, I disappear completely.

It represents me, more than anything I ever said or did here.

Top Bottom