Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Macedon = 5
Persia = 8-3=5
Poland = 15
Rome = 22+1=23
Russia = 22
Spain = 17

As much as I'd love to eliminate England I'm going to give someone else that honor since, at the very least, I can kind of see why they made England the way it is. They needed an expansive culture side. They had their tutler culture sides (Kongo, China) they had their early game culture sides (Egypt, China), their mid game culture side (France), and their late game Culture side (America) but none of those really promote expansion other than maybe America but even then it just wants you to Manifest Destiny your own continent then defend it rather than actively going out to other continents and "acquiring" their antiques. I can see why England was needed even if it meant twisting their representation into a knot. Persia, however, didn't need to be butchered like it did. The game already had plenty of early game warmongers (Scythia, Aztecs, Sumeria, Macedon, Gorgo's Greece, and Rome isn't too shabby either) and on top of that the Persians were released RIGHT NEXT TO A SIDE THAT MAKES THEM REDUNDANT! Why make Persia so heavily focused on warmongering if you're going to release them right next to Alexander the civ?... I mean Macedon? It is such a waste of potential, it's like they just wanted people to stop complaining about how insignificant Scythia was so to give them some street cred they turned Cyrus the Great, one of the most socially liberal (was one of the first emperors who actually cared about human rights and passed laws to protect them) and judicially fair leaders of his time (extended religious and cultural freedom to the entire empire to the point where the Jewish religion considers him a savior and is the only non Jew recognized as a messiah), into a raging sociopath who does nothing but stab his friends in the back and burn down foreign cities to bolster his own empire like a cartoon villain. Just so Tomyris could seem legit. Yes, Cyrus did do a lot of war but not only was most of it formal wars as he gave enemies the option of surrendering immediately before any fighting was done (since rebuilding infrastructure, reestablishing local government, and restocking city guards is a logistical hassle) but on top of that it's just one of the many things he is known for and focusing his entire character and agenda on it when we have so many early game warmongers and on top of that you're just going to release Alexander the civ in the same pack it's just... just a shame.

As for Rome I just feel they hit all the important notes without being redundant or too cliche. It's got enough modifiers to help it in every field Rome was known for and sets you up to make your very own great and continuous empire. Well done.

Last edited:
America = 25
Arabia = 23
Australia = 15
Aztec = 22
Brazil =7
China = 12
Egypt = 9
England = 3-3=0 - I'll kick England out of the game, it's bonuses don't represent England very much. Neither Sea Dog does.
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 14
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Macedon = 5
Persia = 5
Poland = 15
Rome = 23
Russia = 22+1=23 - Mother Russia symbolizes how vast the Russia is. The Grand Embassy shows how Peter the Great wanted to modernize Russia. And talking about Peter, he is really great leader choice. His agenda shows how amazed he was in modern western empires, like France or England, and how he wanted to make Russia modern.
Spain = 17

America = 25
Arabia = 23
Australia = 15
Aztec = 22
Brazil =7
China = 12
Egypt = 10 = 9+1 I like it better then the other single digit bottom dwellers that are left.
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 14
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Macedon = 2 =5-3 Surprised that Alt-Greece lasted longer then England. After all the hate their addition to the game garnered.
Persia = 5
Poland = 15
Rome = 23
Russia = 23
Spain = 17

America = 25
Arabia = 23
Australia = 15
Aztec = 22
Brazil =7
China = 12
Egypt = 10
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = (14+1)=15 Once again, I think it's a decent representation of India in a Civ game, other than Gandhi...
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Macedon = (2-3)=0 Goodbye, Alexander's Civ!
Persia = 5
Poland = 15
Rome = 23
Russia = 23
Spain = 17

America = 25
Arabia = 23
Australia = 12 (15-3) still here:crazyeye:
Aztec = 22
Brazil =7
China = 12
Egypt = 10
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 15
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Persia = 5
Poland = 15
Rome = 23
Russia = 23
Spain = 18 (17+1) no doubt

America = 25
Arabia = 23
Australia = 12 +1 = 13 (Let's keep them around longer - love the music too)
Aztec = 22
Brazil =7
China = 12
Egypt = 10
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 15 - 3 = 12 (Kind of an oddball with their abilities and Gandhi is terrible. The religious focus makes some sense but o/w kind of a miss for me)
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Persia = 5
Poland = 15
Rome = 23
Russia = 23
Spain = 18

America = 25
Arabia = 23
Australia = 13 - 3 = 10. Ridiculously idealised and whitwashed depiction, and also horrible music.
Aztec = 22
Brazil =7
China = 12
Egypt = 10
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 12
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Persia = 5
Poland = 15
Rome = 23 + 1 = 24
Russia = 23
Spain = 18

America = 25
Arabia = 23
Australia = 13
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 8 (7 + 1) I really like the idea of a unique city project, and its bonus great person points synergize well with the leader ability.
China = 12
Egypt = 10
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 12
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Persia = 5
Poland = 15
Rome = 20 (23 - 3) A great civ and great abilities, but they don't particularly fit one another.
Russia = 23
Spain = 18

I wish they would chose another thematic point around which to build the civ from the long history of England instead of always the Empire. It's getting boring. And Victoria is probably the most overrated ruler the Empire ever had anyway, there's so much cult about her, that the real thing gets lost in all that. Comparable to her contemporary Franz Jospeh I. of Austria, just that he was not the 'monster' Victoria was. Her depiction in Civ VI, while historically not bad for young Victoria, just helps this cult. Barbarossa would be a similar case as well, but at least there is something new here for Germany.

I have to disagree. If Civilization launched without the English Empire it'd be....weird. It would be like Firaxis omitting Rome or Greece. They've played such a massive role in the Industrial and Modern world that it's impossible to me to ever see them excluded.

I'm disappointed that Sumer and England both dropped off before Persia and Macedon.

America = 25
Arabia = 23
Australia = 13
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 8
China = 12
Egypt = 10
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 12
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Persia = 2 (5 - 3) Let's get rid of them already. Cyrus the Great deserves some better representation.
Poland = 15
Rome = 20
Russia = 23
Spain = 19 (18 + 1) I don't love playing as them since getting a religion is a pain, but their representation is fantastic. Phillip is not represented accurately, but he's fun and I'd argue he's a caricature done right.

Last edited:
America = 25
Arabia = 23 + 1 = 24 Captures the Arabian spirit extremely well
Australia = 13
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 8
China = 12
Egypt = 10
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 12
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Persia = 2 - 3 = ELIMINATED Cyrus is well depicted. However, neither the LUA nor the agenda seem to reflect Cyrus well.
Poland = 15
Rome = 20
Russia = 23
Spain = 19

America = 25
Arabia = 24
Australia = 13 - 3 = 10 Again, they're here WAY too soon ... should have come much after many other civs ...
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 8
China = 12
Egypt = 10
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 12 + 1 = 13 We may like or not Gandhi in the game (which I don't like), but India is well depicted in game.
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Poland = 15
Rome = 20
Russia = 23
Spain = 19

America = 25+1=26
Arabia = 24
Australia = 10
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 8
China = 12
Egypt = 10-3=7
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 13
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Poland = 15
Rome = 20
Russia = 23
Spain = 19

If a bald eagle got genetically crossbred with Ulysses S Grant and was handed an assault rifle and a box of dynamite while driving a jeep painted with the stars and stripes over the hood you'd get Civ 6 America. It's very patriotic.

Egypt is still backwards and nonsense.

I fixed the points of Australia and Rome in my vote.

America = 26
Arabia = 24
Australia = 7
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 8
China = 12
Egypt = 7
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 13
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Poland = 15-3=12 - Doesn't say much about Poland. Winged hussar somewhat represents Poland, I guess, but that's all.
Rome = 21
Russia = 23
Spain = 19+1=20 - Gives the feel of great colonial empire.

America = 26
Arabia = 24
Australia = 7
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 8
China = 12
Egypt = 7 - 3 = 4 I agree that Egypt does not make sense. It could give the Sphinx as a unique wonder, it would be better.
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 13
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11
Poland = 12
Rome = 21
Russia = 23
Spain = 20 + 1 = 21 As I said before, Spain is the most consistent, in my opinion.

America = 26
Arabia = 24
Australia = 7
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 8 - 3 = 5 (Downvoted for Pedro not being portrayed with dignity but as a claymation caricature, and for his agenda making no sense--he would *like* leaders who hobnobbed with Great People, not resent them)
China = 12
Egypt = 4
Germany = 20
Greece =16
India = 13
Japan = 24
Kongo = 11 + 1 = 12 (Still a very nice cocktail of bonuses, and with attention to Kongo's historical strengths. I like the focus on using non-colonial languages to characterize their unique unit and leader, even if I am not exactly a fan of the leader selection; he was admittedly Kongo's best known and powerful ruler, and Firaxis having included Kongo was a great shout-out to the fans who voted Kongo as one of the most desired civs--I think it was in the 2K forums for Civ V at the time).
Poland = 12
Rome = 21
Russia = 23
Spain = 21

America = 26
Arabia = 24
Australia = 7
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 5
China = 12
Egypt = (4-3)=1 The Sphinx should be a wonder, floodplains are for farming in ancient Egypt, plus Cleo...last Ptolemaic ruler of Egypt...and they try to make her look Egyptian, even renamed Alexandria to Ra-Kedet, make her speak Middle Egyptian, please no....
Germany = (20+1)=21 I'm fine with Barbarossa as the leader, and his CS agenda (given his actions in Italy), Hansa represents Hanseatic League, U-Boat is for 20th Century Germany
Greece =16
India = 13
Japan = 24
Kongo = 12
Poland = 12
Rome = 21
Russia = 23
Spain = 21

America = 26
Arabia = 24
Australia = 7
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 2 = 5-3 Of the 3 single digits hanging around, Brazil is the least compelling to me. It feels like the the only reason they were even included was the timing of the Rio Summer Games. I am especially disappointed in Brazil being included with the dearth of pre-columbian civs representing the Americas. (NOTE: USA gets a pass on this penalty due to homer status for both me and Firaxis.)
China = 12
Egypt = 1 -- I want to save them, but 1 up vote won't do it. Someone else will have to kill them off though.
Germany = 21
Greece =16
India = 14 = 13 +1 Iconic Civ with an iconic leader. I may not know enough about their history to decide if the representation is good or bad, but it "feels" right to me.
Japan = 24
Kongo = 12
Poland = 12
Rome = 21
Russia = 23
Spain = 21

Hope nobody minds I'm posting a couple hours early. I don't know why I made my 24 marker for this thread after midnight.

America = 26
Arabia = 24
Australia = 7
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 2
China = 9 (12 - 3) Every civ in this game is idealized...except for China. While the Aztecs would have been proud of their human sacrifices, China's history of driving labourers to death building their wonders isn't a point of pride. Russia was equally notorious for this, but their bonuses don't reflect it at all (and let's not even mention how selectively German history is represented). Why is China not given the same treatment?
Egypt = 1
Germany = 21
Greece =16
India = 14
Japan = 24
Kongo = 13 (12 +1) I was happy to see a new, heavily requested civ from an underepresented region of the world. They're well designed and probably stand out the most of all of the Civ VI civs so far. My only complaint is that Firaxis seems to be depicting Mvemba before his conversion, which doesn't make much sense considering his abilities and legacy are better suited to a more Westernized Afonso I.
Poland = 12
Rome = 21
Russia = 23
Spain = 21

America = 26
Arabia = 24
Australia = 7
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 2
China = 10 (9 + 1) The eureka bonus and the requirements for early wonders push your decision making in a way that feels perfect for China.
Egypt = ELIMINATED (1 - 3) An ancient river valley civilization whose abilities encourage it not to farm river valleys.
Germany = 21
Greece =16
India = 14
Japan = 24
Kongo = 13
Poland = 12
Rome = 21
Russia = 23
Spain = 21

America = 26
Arabia = 24 + 1 = 25 They're bonuses just reflect medieval Arabia perfectly. They're really well done.
Australia = 7
Aztec = 22
Brazil = 2 - 3 = -1 Eliminated ! Just like Australia, it was way too soon for Brazil to come over. Incas, Mapuches, or Muisca would have been prefered over modern nations ... Besides, the bonus to great people doesn't make much sense, as Brazil is not known for its great people (although I really love Jorge Amado's works).
China = 10
Germany = 21
Greece =16
India = 14
Japan = 24
Kongo = 13
Poland = 12
Rome = 21
Russia = 23
Spain = 21

Status
Not open for further replies.